Obama Speech Response

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Overall a solid speech - strong at the start and the conclusion. The middle part was overly long, a bit rambling, and at times, overtly partisan.

Could very well see a short term bump in support for healthcare, followed by a tough battle from there.

And some challenging news is to face this White House soon...

Overall a solid speech - strong at the start and the conclusion. The middle part was overly long, a bit rambling, and at times, overtly partisan.

Could very well see a short term bump in support for healthcare, followed by a tough battle from there.

And some challenging news is to face this White House soon...
What did you think of Charles Boustany's reply? Obviously Charlie didn't read Obama's speech first.
Boustany fell victim to a con artist when he tried to purchase the title of Lord in the United Kingdom. LOL

We're going to make private insurance much more expensive, we're going to put the gubbamint in competition with private insurance, we're going to cover everybody, but it's going to drive down costs.

Do you have to stand on your head for this to make any sense?

The middle part was overly long, a bit rambling, and at times, overtly partisan.

You mean like when he peddled the stale old lame-assed crap about blaming Iraq, Afghanistan and the ubiquitous "tax cuts for the rich" for costing us money that could've been better spent on a fascistic takeover of the entire medical care industry??

Glad I was busy fishing.

We're going to make private insurance much more expensive, we're going to put the gubbamint in competition with private insurance, we're going to cover everybody, but it's going to drive down costs.

Stand on your head, drop acid, eat some pain killers and drink several banana daiquiris, and it might make some sense.

But by then, so might Joe "Fredo" Biden. :lol:

Stand on your head, drop acid, eat some pain killers and drink several banana daiquiris, and it might make some sense.

But by then, so might Joe "Fredo" Biden. :lol:

"I'm smart and I want respect!"

The best the Repubs could do was a friggin' Birther! :lol::lol::lol:

Note the update. Convenient, eh?

UPDATE: An eagle-eyed reader points out that Boustany, after espousing his "Birther" views on camera, below, caved and retracted his statement on a Louisiana KPEL radio show.

__________________________________________________________________-

Louisiana Rep. Charles Boustany will be delivering the GOP response to President Obama's address to a joint session of Congress tonight. The Washington Post says that it's a "somewhat surprising pick in that he is little-known nationally and not part of the Republican leadership in Congress."

What is known about Boustany is that he is a heart surgeon. Somewhat ironically, Boustany is also the co-sponsor of the "Life Sustaining Treatment Preferences Act of 2009" which would mandate that Medicare reimburse the cost of end-of-life counseling -- the so-called "death panels."

But the most "surprising" aspect to the choice of Boustany is the fact that he is a Birther!

Back on July 27, guerilla videographer Mike Stark posted a video on this site in which he sought out the "Birthers on the Hill." As you will see, Charles Boustany shows up at about the 0.27 mark.

Those who have followed the ebb and flow of the "Birther" movement over the summer recognize that it is the most extreme product of the right-wing fringe, so much so that the lion's share of respectable conservatives eschew this idiocy as a matter of course. That's why it makes so little sense that the GOP would choose to rebut Obama's health care address flying under the Birther banner.

GOP Picks One-Time "Birther" To Rebut Obama's Health Care Speech [UPDATED]

If Dems can be held accountable for things they've done in the past even if they publicly disavow them, then so can this guy.

The best the Repubs could do was a friggin' Birther! :lol::lol::lol:

Note the update. Convenient, eh?

UPDATE: An eagle-eyed reader points out that Boustany, after espousing his "Birther" views on camera, below, caved and retracted his statement on a Louisiana KPEL radio show.

__________________________________________________________________-

Louisiana Rep. Charles Boustany will be delivering the GOP response to President Obama's address to a joint session of Congress tonight. The Washington Post says that it's a "somewhat surprising pick in that he is little-known nationally and not part of the Republican leadership in Congress."

What is known about Boustany is that he is a heart surgeon. Somewhat ironically, Boustany is also the co-sponsor of the "Life Sustaining Treatment Preferences Act of 2009" which would mandate that Medicare reimburse the cost of end-of-life counseling -- the so-called "death panels."

But the most "surprising" aspect to the choice of Boustany is the fact that he is a Birther!

Back on July 27, guerilla videographer Mike Stark posted a video on this site in which he sought out the "Birthers on the Hill." As you will see, Charles Boustany shows up at about the 0.27 mark.

Those who have followed the ebb and flow of the "Birther" movement over the summer recognize that it is the most extreme product of the right-wing fringe, so much so that the lion's share of respectable conservatives eschew this idiocy as a matter of course. That's why it makes so little sense that the GOP would choose to rebut Obama's health care address flying under the Birther banner.

GOP Picks One-Time "Birther" To Rebut Obama's Health Care Speech [UPDATED]

If Dems can be held accountable for things they've done in the past even if they publicly disavow them, then so can this guy.

Yeah! Let's ask Charlie Rangel about this!

What did you think of Charles Boustany's reply? Obviously Charlie didn't read Obama's speech first.

This was the sad part....did the RNC set him up to fail on purpose? It was like listening to a guy trying to talk bad about a speech he thinks he heard? WTF? First Piyush fails and now THIS idiot?

The GOP central committe is setting up the far right to take the hit, then the central nominees will work with the Dems for reform. The far right wing just go banished from influence in the GOP.

None.

But I'm not a party man hack-in-the-box, like you.

You don't have a fucking clue what I am. Hell, from what I have seen, you don't have a clue about much of anything, but at the very least, please keep your personal opinions about me to yourself, DUDE.

Barack Obama: The stupid person's idea of a brilliant president.

What about the speech? It was a recap of SSDD. Nothing new, nothing innovative, just more empty promises based on doublespeak that the hopey-changeys buy hook, line, and sinker without a single thought in their brainless heads as to WHO WILL PAY FOR IT. For some reason they can't seem to equate the government's budget is based on their own. It's pathetic.

For those of us who have known for a long time that Emperor Obama has no clothes (or in this case, no plan, just more meaningless rhetoric), we get called everything under the sun: haters, fearmongers, rabble rousers, and who knows what else, and we have to take the heat for having the nerve to QUESTION the Great Obama. How dare we? What nerve! Don't we know who he IS?

I know who he is: he's an empty suit, he's 50 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag, and if he were on fire I wouldn't fetch a glass of water to put him out. He's an elitist snob who genuinely believes that he is intellectually superior to all but those in his inner circle, and that ALL the American people are dumber than a box of hair. He has had a great time getting the white democrats to vote for him, because he loathes them, even though he wanted their votes - it's just now starting to dawn on them. He has made it clear that he is all about redistributing wealth, and he believes the government is better at handling our lives and our money than we are.

None.

You don't have a fucking clue what I am. Hell, from what I have seen, you don't have a clue about much of anything, but at the very least, please keep your personal opinions about me to yourself, DUDE.
I've read enough of your posts to see that you're a DNC party man hack and supreme Obammypologist.

But nice feigning of indignance anyways.

What about the speech? It was a recap of SSDD. Nothing new, nothing innovative, just more empty promises based on doublespeak that the hopey-changeys buy hook, line, and sinker without a single thought in their brainless heads as to WHO WILL PAY FOR IT. For some reason they can't seem to equate the government's budget is based on their own. It's pathetic.

For those of us who have known for a long time that Emperor Obama has no clothes (or in this case, no plan, just more meaningless rhetoric), we get called everything under the sun: haters, fearmongers, rabble rousers, and who knows what else, and we have to take the heat for having the nerve to QUESTION the Great Obama. How dare we? What nerve! Don't we know who he IS?

I know who he is: he's an empty suit, he's 50 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag, and if he were on fire I wouldn't fetch a glass of water to put him out. He's an elitist snob who genuinely believes that he is intellectually superior to all but those in his inner circle, and that ALL the American people are dumber than a box of hair. He has had a great time getting the white democrats to vote for him, because he loathes them, even though he wanted their votes - it's just now starting to dawn on them. He has made it clear that he is all about redistributing wealth, and he believes the government is better at handling our lives and our money than we are.

Much like Boustany's failed rebuttal, it would appear THIS piece of shit was written prior to Obama's speech tonight as well...

None.

I've read enough of your posts to see that you're a DNC party man hack and supreme Obammypologist.

But nice feigning of indignance anyways.

This is good fiction, DUDE. Please keep showing how much you DON'T know. You must be about one doobie shy of passing out by now?

Hey, Obama's shrewd, too. Why else would the plan NOT go into full effect till 2013? I mean, we need Reform NOW? Otherwise, everyone loses their care, the economy crashes into February 33rd, world hunger becomes actually worldwide, the Earth explodes, Jesus raptures the righteous, and everyone screams and cries?! Right?

Or perhaps...

It has something to do with a little word that begins with an 'e' and ends with an 'n'?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back