Obama' speech on Wednesday changed the game

If Rayan's plan cut programs only, then the GOP would be in the lead. But when he put the tax breaks for the wealthy in his budget, he shot himself in the foot. That gave the Democrats a lead into their argument. Ryan blew it.

House GOP Budget Cut Plan Targets Americorps, Corporation For Public Broadcasting For Elimination

If he blew it it is only becuase his politcal opponents will have spun the credibility of his proposal so it looks...well...as they have you seeing it.

His opponents are aware of how easy it is to fool folks like you.

Your "tax breaks for the wealthy" line is an example of this.

the "they want to hurt Grandma" line is another example of this.

And no...I will not elaborate any further.....it is a waste of my time. You are already believing what they want you to believe.

Must suck being so easily fooled.

Last edited:
The American people are finally beginning to realize that the GOP budget plan is a plan that attempts to reduce the deficit on the backs of seniors and the poor. At the same time, the GOP wants to give another round of tax cuts to the Super Rich.

Obama's speech drew the line in the sand. Seniors can decide to accept reduced coverage under the GOP plan, all the while giving the Super Rich another tax break. It is a game changer.

I dont know about the rest of the neo-cons, but I am going to invest in kitty food stocks.
All the old people will be eating it very soon.

I'm gonna be filthy rich soon!
:dance: :mm:

I actually feel pity that this was the best that o could come up with. With the economy on the brink, high inflation, commodoties way up, pm's skyrocketing, produce, food prices way up, he may be landslide doomed next year and the r's don't even have a decent candidate up.

I think Wienie the Pooh could beat Obama.... shit, Rush is interviewing "The Donald" :cuckoo:

Like I said.... anybody can do it. :doubt:

President Obama said that Rep Ryan's Medicare plan would drop those that need it like a child with permanent health problems. He said quote " Your out in the cold"
That is not true.
We have Dems in congress saying that Rep. Ryan's bill will do away with Medicare - that is not true.
Here is what the bill says on Medicare - HR 34.
Go to Thomas .gov the read the whole bill.

SEC. 501. POLICY STATEMENT ON MEDICARE.

(a) Findings- The House finds the following:

(1) More than 46 million Americans depend on Medicare for their health security.

(2) The Medicare Trustees report has repeatedly recommended that Medicare's long-term financial challenges be addressed soon. Each year without reform, the financial condition of Medicare becomes more precarious and the threat to those in and near retirement becomes more pronounced. According to the Congressional Budget Office--

(A) the Hospital Insurance Trust Fund will be exhausted in 2020 and unable to pay scheduled benefits; and

(B) Medicare spending is growing faster than the economy. Medicare outlays are currently rising at a rate of 7.2 percent per year, and under CBO's alternative fiscal scenario, mandatory spending on Medicare is projected to reach 7 percent of GDP by 2035 and 14 percent of GDP by 2080.

(3) Failing to address this problem will leave millions of American seniors without adequate health security and younger generations burdened with enormous debt to pay for spending levels that cannot be sustained.

(b) Policy on Medicare Reform- It is the policy of this resolution to protect those in and near retirement from any disruptions to their Medicare benefits and offer future beneficiaries the same health care options available to Members of Congress.

(c) Assumptions- This resolution assumes reform of the Medicare program such that:

(1) Current Medicare benefits are preserved for those in and near retirement, without changes.

(2) For future generations, when they reach eligibility, Medicare is reformed to provide a premium support payment and a selection of guaranteed health coverage options from which recipients can choose a plan that best suits their needs.

(3) Medicare will provide additional assistance for lower-income beneficiaries and those with greater health risks.

(4) Medicare spending is put on a sustainable path and the Medicare program becomes solvent over the long-term.

obama is nothing more than startling evidence of how easily some Americans can be DUPED...

ATT00046.jpg

That gold chain is because the right hates Obama's Policies right?

I actually feel pity that this was the best that o could come up with. With the economy on the brink, high inflation, commodoties way up, pm's skyrocketing, produce, food prices way up, he may be landslide doomed next year and the r's don't even have a decent candidate up.

I think Wienie the Pooh could beat Obama.... shit, Rush is interviewing "The Donald" :cuckoo:

Like I said.... anybody can do it. :doubt:
The Donald should run for one reason, and one reason only........He says it like it truly is. I doubt he would be elected but, the sheer entertainment value would be highly entertaining....Him calling Obama the "worst president in US history" during his interview with Hannity last night was friggin' beautiful........Him saying it during a debate with Obama's incompetent ass would be friggin' priceless......And I seriously doubt the Donald would not have any qualms about telling that truth straight to Obama's inept face.

Obama's plans are very vague, what are the actual specifics? Again, Obama is out of his league.
Ryan's plan for Medicare would indeed hurt the elderly (starting in ten years) and the poor and basically make healthcare for those groups unaffordable. His tax proposals call for no sacrifice by the uber wealthy and also it would raise taxes on 90% of the taxpayers. Also there's the 8.5% VAT. Those are facts that I have posted with links and quotes from those links (and no defenders of Ryan's plan responded to those facts).
It's clear that neither Obama or Ryan are being honest with the American public.

Last edited:
You just have to love this:

PRINCETON, NJ - The latest Gallup Daily tracking three-day average shows 41% of Americans approving of the job Barack Obama is doing as president. That ties his low as president, which he registered three times previously -- twice in August 2010 and once in October 2010.
Obama Job Approval at 41%, Tying His Low

You just have to love this:

PRINCETON, NJ - The latest Gallup Daily tracking three-day average shows 41% of Americans approving of the job Barack Obama is doing as president. That ties his low as president, which he registered three times previously -- twice in August 2010 and once in October 2010.
Obama Job Approval at 41%, Tying His Low

Obviously Gallup is an outlier...

lol

I dont believe for one second that Repubs hate granny and or children.

What I do believe is that Repub policies intentionally or unintentionally do not represent the interest of those two groups and/or their ideology trumps the interest of those two groups.

Take BP For Example: The CEO doesnt hate oceans or the environment. But a corporations bottom line is to make more money. If they make more money from going into someplace with almost no environmental laws that saves them money. The waste that is produced doesnt have to be handled in the same ways they do America. Saves Money! Does BP hate the environment? No, but thier goal to make money trumps protecting the eenvironment.

See?

I'll give you apples and oranges on that instead of apples and tires.

Conservatives want to make cuts to save the country, that's everyone. We understand that most people are going to have to do things for themselves or rely on friends, family and community. As it should be. With the idea that once the debt is under control, doing these things will help everyone.

Progressives have taken over the Dems [imo]. They want to make cuts, but only to things they hate, when you focus only on that, the cuts you make will not be enough, and things only get worse and worse for everyone in America.

we have some actual fiscal conservatives in ofc, for a change, sadly, many still don't want to cut defense

You started off wrong saying "cuts to save the country". Implying that the cuts to anything a Republican wants is not for ideology, personal gain or political gain. It's cuts to save America. You know thats bullshit.

Repubs and Dems want to cut the things they dont like. Both of them! Since we are a society we should act like it, instead of pretending this is the old days on the frontier where people rarely come into contact with strangers. Just Cow-poke takin care of family, justa shoot'n and a hunt'n.

With your plan of individual everything. Nothing will get done except those that can afford to do it. That (to me) sounds like thinning the herds or people who cannot afford services :eusa_whistle: How that helps America? I dunno

They are cuts to save America. You can't spent $1 Trillion dollars you don't have every year and expect no problems. And if you say otherwise you are either lying or incredibly dumb.

We will either end/cut back these programs of our own free will or they will end completely because of no money. Either way, they will not be existing the way they are today and its much better to deal with the issue now than kick the can down the road.

I'll give you apples and oranges on that instead of apples and tires.

Conservatives want to make cuts to save the country, that's everyone. We understand that most people are going to have to do things for themselves or rely on friends, family and community. As it should be. With the idea that once the debt is under control, doing these things will help everyone.

Progressives have taken over the Dems [imo]. They want to make cuts, but only to things they hate, when you focus only on that, the cuts you make will not be enough, and things only get worse and worse for everyone in America.

we have some actual fiscal conservatives in ofc, for a change, sadly, many still don't want to cut defense

You started off wrong saying "cuts to save the country". Implying that the cuts to anything a Republican wants is not for ideology, personal gain or political gain. It's cuts to save America. You know thats bullshit.

Repubs and Dems want to cut the things they dont like. Both of them! Since we are a society we should act like it, instead of pretending this is the old days on the frontier where people rarely come into contact with strangers. Just Cow-poke takin care of family, justa shoot'n and a hunt'n.

With your plan of individual everything. Nothing will get done except those that can afford to do it. That (to me) sounds like thinning the herds or people who cannot afford services :eusa_whistle: How that helps America? I dunno

They are cuts to save America. You can't spent $1 Trillion dollars you don't have every year and expect no problems. And if you say otherwise you are either lying or incredibly dumb.

We will either end/cut back these programs of our own free will or they will end completely because of no money. Either way, they will not be existing the way they are today and its much better to deal with the issue now than kick the can down the road.
Absolutely!

Just like states such as Wisconsin and others are now doing with unsustainable, ridiculous public union benefits.

Obama' speech on Wednesday changed the game

I hope that proves to be the case. His SOTU early last year when it looked like the healthcare bill was doomed certainly was a game-changer.

Last edited:
He recaptured the Democratic base. He had been critisized for giving to much to the "give the rich a break" Republicans. The arguement not is back in the Democrats favor. The voters in 2012 will relalize, giving tax breaks to the rich, will not reduce the deficit.

I think that is "factually accurate." Now, come up with more Republican lies.

I can't share all of your optimism, but still, this has gotta help at least a little bit. For the last few months it seemed like the Repubs had monopolized the conversation over this in our so-called Liberal media™. A little pushback and making them have to defend their actions is a very good thing.

:D

The American people are finally beginning to realize that the GOP budget plan is a plan that attempts to reduce the deficit on the backs of seniors and the poor. At the same time, the GOP wants to give another round of tax cuts to the Super Rich.

Obama's speech drew the line in the sand. Seniors can decide to accept reduced coverage under the GOP plan, all the while giving the Super Rich another tax break. It is a game changer.

Actually even the democrats are starting to realize he is a useless POS. They are calling for primarys now. Even Pelosi denounced him. Obama has alienated everyone.

OMG!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back