Obama sounds a little nervous about what has happened to the Democratic Party

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Oh, this is a hopeful sign. If no one of significance stands up to the illiberal authoritarian leftists who have taken over the party, this all just gets worse. I'm hopeful something like this could create some momentum back towards sanity.

Obama: I worry progressives may undercut Democratic allies

"One of the things I do worry about sometimes among progressives in the United States —maybe it’s true here as well — is a certain kind of rigidity where we say, 'Uh, I’m sorry, this is how it’s going to be,' and then we start sometimes creating what’s called a 'circular firing squad,' where you start shooting at your allies because one of them has strayed from purity on the issues. And when that happens, typically the overall effort and movement weakens," he said.

"So I think whether you are speaking as a citizen or as a political leader or as an organizer … you have to recognize that the way we structure democracy requires you to take into account people who don’t agree with you, and that by definition means you’re not going to get 100 percent of what you want," he added.

He's arguing for actual liberalism to return to the party. Here's hoping.

politics always shifts to the extreme; it is analogous to driving a car & having to 'over correct' when encountering some type of road hazard.
Obama had his style of governing & his policies in place. The white folks hated Obama & his policies so, the result was an 'over correction' by the pissed off white folks by electing the extremist Trump.
The current rumblings from the political left are the head winds of the coming 'over correction' in response to the extremism of Trump.
The longer this goes on, the moderate middle vanishes.
Good luck ..........

politics always shifts to the extreme; it is analogous to driving a car & having to 'over correct' when encountering some type of road hazard.
Obama had his style of governing & his policies in place. The white folks hated Obama & his policies so, the result was an 'over correction' by the pissed off white folks by electing the extremist Trump.
The current rumblings from the political left are the head winds of the coming 'over correction' in response to the extremism of Trump.
Good luck ..........
I don't know if this stuff collapses the middle or expands it. I like to think/hope that if the two "major" parties stay on this trajectory, it will open up a large enough hole for a strong and viable third party to step in.

Good luck ..........
I don't know if this stuff collapses the middle or expands it. I like to think/hope that if the two "major" parties stay on this trajectory, it will open up a large enough hole for a strong and viable third party to step in.

there is no 'middle' left in AmeriKKKa; there are only two extreme camps left. The 'middle' is dead.

Good luck ..........

there is no 'middle' left in AmeriKKKa; there are only two extreme camps left. The 'middle' is dead.
That would be really, really bad news.

Oh, this is a hopeful sign. If no one of significance stands up to the illiberal authoritarian leftists who have taken over the party, this all just gets worse. I'm hopeful something like this could create some momentum back towards sanity.

"One of the things I do worry about sometimes among progressives in the United States —maybe it’s true here as well — is a certain kind of rigidity where we say, 'Uh, I’m sorry, this is how it’s going to be,' and then we start sometimes creating what’s called a 'circular firing squad,' where you start shooting at your allies because one of them has strayed from purity on the issues. And when that happens, typically the overall effort and movement weakens," he said.

"So I think whether you are speaking as a citizen or as a political leader or as an organizer … you have to recognize that the way we structure democracy requires you to take into account people who don’t agree with you, and that by definition means you’re not going to get 100 percent of what you want," he added.

Nope.
Barack is the primary cause of most of this mess, and he's trying to wash his hands of the results.

Nope.
Barack is the primary cause of most of this mess, and he's trying to wash his hands of the results.
I think that's partially true. He may have created a monster, or at least played a role.

He didn't govern as a hardcore left winger though (as much as the hardcore Right wants to pretend that he did). But his wins definitely energized the Regressives within the party, and now here they are, in control of it.

He was over in Germany meeting with Merkel, she is probably complaining to him about how his replacement is making Germany pay their bills. "Oh, how we miss you so Barrack".

He's just admitting there are still sane dems out there that dont like the way he and his minions were taking this country.
I think the party has definitely moved to the Left of Obama.

Only in that they are more vocal.
Barry was every bit as bad but he couldnt come right out and say it.
Well, all I have to go by are actions, not guesses about his thoughts.

His actions were pretty damning.

He's just admitting there are still sane dems out there that dont like the way he and his minions were taking this country.
I think the party has definitely moved to the Left of Obama.

Only in that they are more vocal.
Barry was every bit as bad but he couldnt come right out and say it.
Well, all I have to go by are actions, not guesses about his thoughts.

His actions were pretty damning.
There is plenty of space to the Left of Obama, and we're seeing it.

That's his point.

Good luck ..........
Its takes a village way that eventually wants to kill people blaming one race, particularly males. Why would not they not vote for Trump. Do you think those white sell outs who have enriched themselves will be around when the chitt hits the fan? I know who keeps the system up and running at a high percentage that gives us a comfortable life. I also know a percentage of the same are scumbags and deserve retribution.

Both Obammy and Hillary have alienated millions of voters.
obamacrash.jpg

Forum List

Back