Obama: Soldiers in Afghanistan Must Be Fired Upon to Receive Combat Pay

Another Briaphart Failure. Who other than the really rabid righties believe his shity site anyway.

Obama just lost the POGUE/REMF bloc. If I had my way, if you have a Burger King on your base, no Combat Pay/badge.

Burger King is already here.

We get combat pay and airborne pay, tax-free status for being in a combat zone.

Once the POTUS decides to shaft us liberals shift from "Support The Troops" to "Fuck The Troops".

When I was in Somalia Clinton tried to turn us over to UN command. Congress stopped him.

This is just one more case of a Democrat President playing games with the military.

Yep, similar to Bush and Rumsfeld refusing to listen to Shinseki. The generals are there for a reason.

fuck saving money by cutting entitlements... let's just cut combat pay to our military! :rolleyes:

fucking morons in DC.

It isn't exactly happening the way the title of the thread states. Bripat is quoting blogs that quote other blogs.

Basically it has designated areas as high risk and when a solder serves in a high risk area, they get combat pay....whether or not someone shoots at them.

So as I understand it, if you drive a truck from a depot not in the high risk area to an area that is, you get combat pay for that day.

Combat pay, by the way is $7.50 per day. Seven fucking dollars and fifty fucking cents. I can't believe how small it is.

That must change.

When I was in Somalia Clinton tried to turn us over to UN command. Congress stopped him.

This is just one more case of a Democrat President playing games with the military.

If Bush listened to his military, we probably would not have been over in Iraq
or least we would have had enough troops the first time

I just wish Obama kept his promise and got us out of these wars quicker
No need for all these good people to be dying over there now
Afghanistan is worse now for US deaths than before Bush

Last edited:
As of February 1st 2012, President Obama has determined that Combat Pay for US forces will be determined by a new criteria. In general, Afghanistan has been deemed a combat zone and all US forces deployed in that region have been eligible for combat pay due to the certainty of encountering dirt-bags in firefights, ambushes, IED’s or suicide bombings. This new policy now requires having been shot at first. For those not understanding the problem with this, it now says that the US Government has effectively declared Afghanistan a “safe zone”! And this in spite of the nearly daily reports of Americans being either wounded or killed!

If this true
I don't like the sound of it

First we should not be there in the first place
but if we are going to be then these guys should be paid well

I can't believe Obama listened to this
Being the Commander in Chief he could have easily overrode this

Well, I guess people won't be able to get their tax free reenlistment bonuses by flying over the region for one minute in their reenlistment month. No taxes on $33,000 is nice.

YOU must actually know some US military brass, Salt.

Yup, for far too many US military brass, these "war zones" are merely tax havens, that's for sure.

While plenty of guys are actually in harms way, plenty of lifers are dropping into the the safe green zones just to get their TAX FREE combat pay.

This isn't new, of course. REAR eschelon desk jockies and their bosses were playing that I was in the combat zone treat me like a hero, too card back during the Viet Nam, era, too.

Last edited:
As of February 1st 2012, President Obama has determined that Combat Pay for US forces will be determined by a new criteria. In general, Afghanistan has been deemed a combat zone and all US forces deployed in that region have been eligible for combat pay due to the certainty of encountering dirt-bags in firefights, ambushes, IED’s or suicide bombings. This new policy now requires having been shot at first. For those not understanding the problem with this, it now says that the US Government has effectively declared Afghanistan a “safe zone”! And this in spite of the nearly daily reports of Americans being either wounded or killed!

If this true
I don't like the sound of it

Rest easy, it's not true

Aw, jeez.....your imagination's runnin'-wild, again, huh???

handjob.gif

Obama: Soldiers in Afghanistan Must Be Fired Upon to Receive Combat Pay

That will win him some military votes for sho'

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Snopes has been discredited on almost every level. Few if any quote snopes any longer.

did you look at the link, or just assume that since you don't like the source, they must be wrong?

they specify S 1254 as their source. It was pretty easy to find...
Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

If this is was reconciled with the eventual NDAA act signed into law, then hazard pay was 'altered', not done away with. Thus Snopes saying a mix of true and false.

SEC. 612. MODIFICATION OF QUALIFYING PERIOD FOR PAYMENT OF HOSTILE FIRE AND IMMINENT DANGER SPECIAL PAY AND HAZARDOUS DUTY SPECIAL PAY.

(a) Hostile Fire and Imminent Danger Pay- Section 310 of title 37, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in subsection (a), by striking `for any month or portion of a month' and inserting `for any day or portion of a day';

(2) by striking subsection (b) and inserting the following new subsection (b):

`(b) Special Pay Amount- The amount of special pay authorized by subsection (a) for a day or portion of a day may not exceed an amount equal to $225 divided by the number of days of the month in which such day falls.';

(3) in subsection (c)(1), by inserting `for any day (or portion of a day) of' before `not more than three additional months'; and

(4) in subsection (d)(2), by striking `any month' and inserting `any day'.

(b) Hazardous Duty Pay- Section 351(c)(2) of such title is amended by striking `receipt of hazardous duty pay,' and all that follows and inserting `receipt of hazardous duty pay--

`(A) in the case of hazardous duty pay payable under paragraph (1) of subsection (a), the Secretary concerned shall prorate the payment amount to reflect the duration of the member's actual qualifying service during the month; and

`(B) in the case of hazardous duty pay payable under paragraph (2) or (3) of subsection (a), the Secretary concerned may prorate the payment amount to reflect the duration of the member's actual qualifying service during the month.'.

(c) Effective Date- The amendments made by this section shall take effect on October 1, 2011, and shall apply with respect to duty performed on or after that date.

Last edited:
NDAA act signed into law...
Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

SEC. 616. MODIFICATION OF QUALIFYING PERIOD FOR PAYMENT OF HOSTILE FIRE AND IMMINENT DANGER SPECIAL PAY AND HAZARDOUS DUTY SPECIAL PAY.

(a) Hostile Fire and Imminent Danger Pay- Section 310 of title 37, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in subsection (a), by striking `for any month or portion of a month' and inserting `for any day or portion of a day';

(2) by striking subsection (b) and inserting the following new subsection (b):

`(b) Special Pay Amount- (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), the amount of special pay authorized by subsection (a) for qualifying service during a day or portion of a day shall be the amount equal to 1/30th of the maximum monthly amount of special pay payable to a member as specified in paragraph (3).

`(2) In the case of a member who is exposed to hostile fire or a hostile mine explosion event in or for a day or portion of a day, the Secretary concerned may, at the election of the Secretary, pay the member special pay under subsection (a) for such service in an amount not to exceed the maximum monthly amount of special pay payable to a member as specified in paragraph (3).

`(3) The maximum monthly amount of special pay payable to a member under this subsection for any month is $225.'.

(3) in subsection (c)(1), by inserting `for any day (or portion of a day) of' before `not more than three additional months'; and

(4) in subsection (d)(2), by striking `any month' and inserting `any day'.

(b) Hazardous Duty Pay- Section 351(c)(2) of such title is amended by striking `receipt of hazardous duty pay,' and all that follows and inserting `receipt of hazardous duty pay--

`(A) in the case of hazardous duty pay payable under paragraph (1) of subsection (a), the Secretary concerned--

`(i) shall prorate the payment amount to reflect the duration of the member's actual qualifying service during the month; or

`(ii) in the case of a member who is exposed to hostile fire or an explosion of a hostile explosive device in or for a day or portion of a day, may, at the election of the Secretary, pay the member hazardous duty pay in an amount not to exceed the entire amount of hazardous duty pay that would be payable to the member under such paragraph (1) for the month in which the duty concerned occurs (with the total amount of hazardous duty pay paid the member under this clause in any given month not to exceed such entire amount); and

`(B) in the case of hazardous duty pay payable under paragraph (2) or (3) of subsection (a), the Secretary concerned may prorate the payment amount to reflect the duration of the member's actual qualifying service during the month.'.

sounds like it's up to the Secretary (assuming Sec-Def, but maybe not) whether or not the hazard pay is paid for a full month, or part of the month if only part of the month was actual hazard duty.

fuck saving money by cutting entitlements... let's just cut combat pay to our military! :rolleyes:

fucking morons in DC.

It isn't exactly happening the way the title of the thread states. Bripat is quoting blogs that quote other blogs.

Basically it has designated areas as high risk and when a solder serves in a high risk area, they get combat pay....whether or not someone shoots at them.

So as I understand it, if you drive a truck from a depot not in the high risk area to an area that is, you get combat pay for that day.

Combat pay, by the way is $7.50 per day. Seven fucking dollars and fifty fucking cents. I can't believe how small it is.

That must change.

That must change.
Why?
Surely it's supply and demand.

Forum List

Back