Obama Smacks Down GOP Presidential Candidates

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Republican presidential candidates who criticized Obama's foreign policy credentials got a healthy taste of what they'll face if they want to continue down that road.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Invoking the elimination of Osama bin Laden, President Barack Obama on Thursday forcefully rejected Republican criticism of his foreign policy as what amounts to a policy of "appeasement."

"Ask Osama bin Laden and the 22 out of 30 top al-Qaida leaders who have been taken off the field whether I engage in appeasement. Or whoever is left out there, ask them about that," the president said during a news conference.

He also defended his efforts to block Iran from building a nuclear weapon, saying Iran is now isolated and facing tough international sanctions thanks to the work of his national security team.

His remarks came a day after Republican presidential candidates took turns criticizing Obama's foreign policy as weak during speeches before Jewish activists and donors. They especially focused on the Obama administration's Middle East policy.

The Associated Press: Obama answers appeasement charge: 'Ask bin Laden'

128753443274821883.jpg

No more Mr. Nice Obama CONZ.

He's ONLY going to turn the heat up on you guys from here on in.

Well that didn't work, perhaps they will accuse him of being overly aggressive next?

Ask Al Quaeda in Libya or the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt whether obama kisses mohammed's ass.

Well that didn't work, perhaps they will accuse him of being overly aggressive next?

Just another example of CONZ inability to empathize with ANYONE or ANYTHING.

They apparently could not put themselves into Obama's shoes and predict that his response could not only refute the charge, but make those who leveled it appear to be petty and small about so grave a matter.

On the street, this sort of rebuke is known as a "bitchslap"

Ask Al Quaeda in Libya or the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt whether obama kisses mohammed's ass.

Al Qaida in Libya?

Making the same mistake that dictators like to share power with terrorist organizations that Bush made with Iraq?

Good thinkin. I'm sure it will work out well.

You're just MAD that Obama got Libya's oil for like 1/10th of 1 percent what Bush spent to get Iraqs. And he didn't have to LIE or KILL any of our guys to do it.

Wow, Obama builds a strawman and beats it up publically. What a hero he is, that strawman didn't have a chance.

Strawman? :lol::lol::lol: Yeah, right. The Republican candidates who accused Obama of appeasement stepped in it all on their own.

Wow, Obama builds a strawman and beats it up publically. What a hero he is, that strawman didn't have a chance.

Strawman? :lol::lol::lol: Yeah, right. The Republican candidates who accused Obama of appeasement stepped in it all on their own.

So let me see if I've got this straight...President Obama's greatest foreign policiy achievement is killing Osama bin Laden? Remind me how we got the intel on where Osama was hiding? Wasn't that through the enhanced interrigation techniques that Barack Obama was against? So using something W. instigated and he opposed, Obama takes credit for "getting" Osama? Gotta love it...

Of course when your economic record is as bad as Obama's is you're going to claim successes anywhere you can...even on something as questionable as being the guy who "got" Bin Laden.

So let me see if I've got this straight...President Obama's greatest foreign policiy achievement is killing Osama bin Laden? Remind me how we got the intel on where Osama was hiding? Wasn't that through the enhanced interrigation techniques that Barack Obama was against? So using something W. instigated and he opposed, Obama takes credit for "getting" Osama? Gotta love it...

Of course when your economic record is as bad as Obama's is you're going to claim successes anywhere you can...even on something as questionable as being the guy who "got" Bin Laden.

Uh, no.
Bush's TORTURE techniques did NOT lead to Osama Bin Laden. At least not right away.

Most experts said that had we done the OPPOSITE, treating prisoners with respect and plying them with friendship....which has PROVEN to WORK, we would have gotten him sooner rather than later.

Ever hear of shooting yourself in the foot? That's what Bush did with TORTURE.

And you are too stupid to figure that out? Or does Occham's razor and history suggest that Bush was brilliant and Obama a fool?

The military kills enemies of the state and that is proof that Obama does not have an attitude of appeasement?

The what do you call him wanting to afford those enemies that survive a military attack the same rights that you and I have as American Citizens?

Just curious....

Just another example of CONZ inability to empathize with ANYONE or ANYTHING.

They apparently could not put themselves into Obama's shoes and predict that his response could not only refute the charge, but make those who leveled it appear to be petty and small about so grave a matter.

On the street, this sort of rebuke is known as a "bitchslap"

He talks like he pulled the trigger himself.

A bragging limp-wristed pencil-neck Harvard grad wouldn't know the first thing about combat.

I wonder when Barry the Boy King will publicly thank GWB for putting all the tools in place for him to exercise his new found fondness of murdering foreign nationals?

Forum List

Back