Obama Slips Below 5

Just like the last few elections, the Democrat starts to lose favor with the pollsters as they become more concerned with accuracy rather then attempting to influence the electorate. :badgrin:

weird.. that was 5.2 a minute ago on RCP and drudge..

must have refreshed from the weekend or something.

The term that I used was accuracy.:D

Accuracy... some of the polls weren't right about the number Bush would win by, but all of them showed Bush would win. Show me one poll outside the margin of error that showed Kerry winning. 99% of the polls showed Bush winning.

McCain hasn't held a lead since September.

here is a real look at where things stand

Many of these state by state polls were done last week

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

it is cute that someone would make a big deal out of a .2 point fluctuation in the numbers.

State polls lag behind national polls. The point is that Obama is not pulling away and the race is tightening up. Obama is still ahead and McCain still has his work cut out for him.

It'll probably come down to voter turnout, who has a better ground game and an unexpected event such as another Joe the Plumber or an unknown event i.e. Bush DUI, Osama tape, etc. and whether the Bradley Effect is fact or fiction.

Accuracy... some of the polls weren't right about the number Bush would win by, but all of them showed Bush would win. Show me one poll outside the margin of error that showed Kerry winning. 99% of the polls showed Bush winning.

McCain hasn't held a lead since September.
Again, The term that I used was accuracy. Keep trying with the Straw Man though. :badgrin:

I do recall a last ditch effort by most of the MSM to call the race in favor of Kerry though. This almost worked in Florida, since polls in the red Panhandle counties had not closed when the false predictions came rolling in. Only FNC was accurate, since they held off, finally predicting "too close to call". :lol:

Again, The term that I used was accuracy. Keep trying with the Straw Man though. :badgrin:

I do recall a last ditch effort by most of the MSM to call the race in favor of Kerry though. This almost worked in Florida, since polls in the red Panhandle counties had not closed when the false predictions came rolling in. Only FNC was accurate, since they held off, finally predicting "too close to call". :lol:

FNC and accuracy in the same sentence?? Come on!

With as terrible as the economy is right now, anything under 10 is an indication that most of America is less than thrilled with either candidate.

FNC and accuracy in the same sentence?? Come on!

Don't be a Kool Aid drinker!

I noticed the Fox difference in a big way in the news coverage of the Florida election fiasco in November and December 2000. I happened to be sick the first few days after the November 2000 election and so I lay on the couch, channel surfing between Fox, CNN, and C-SPAN, with occasional forays to the Big Three – CBS, NBC, and ABC – along with MSNBC. The next week, when I was feeling better, I was hooked by the drama and so I went on leave without pay and stayed home to watch day after day. In the month following the November election, I watched about 200 hours of TV, about 160 of which were on the Florida recount. I watched, for example, virtually the whole of the Tallahassee courtroom scene presided over by Democrat Judge Sanders Sauls, who, with his even-handed and judicious application of the law, became one of my new heroes.

And what I learned was that the Democrats were playing dirty, one of the main ways being by petitioning courts to overturn clear-cut election law deadlines. Various people charged that the Republicans were playing dirty also, but that’s not what I saw. I saw those kinds of claims made on the various liberal channels, but then Fox would invite someone on who refuted it. At one key point in south Florida, for example, some Republican protesters started chanting when a number of government officials tried to meet behind close doors to evaluate some ballots. Some of the liberal media uncritically showed Senator Joe Lieberman, certainly an interested party given his role on the Democrat ticket, and other liberal commentators claiming that the Republicans were using force. Some of the commentators even darkly hinted that these Republican protestors were like the Storm Troopers of Nazi Germany. But when I turned to Fox, I found out that although they had protested loudly and, at times, angrily, their protest had been completely peaceful. Of course, you might wonder why I believed Fox and not the liberal channels. The reason had to do with specificity. As I mentioned, I watched a lot of TV in those four weeks. And no one was able to show any violent protests by the Republicans. Moreover, not one of the commentators who claimed that the protests were violent was specific. But the people Fox interviewed who claimed that the protests were peaceful were specific, telling of particular things that various people had done on this or that floor of a government building. Without Fox, I wouldn’t have seen that perspective.
Two Cheers for the Fox News Channel by David R. Henderson

Forum List

Back