Obama slips another one by us: No more guns in plane cockpits ?

How many people do you know can always "properly aim" a bullet?

A lot less now that we've taken money from their training.
Why can't the airlines pay for their training? Or the pilots themselves?

OMG, OBAMA CUT GOVERNMENT SPENDING!!!

Became a national defense issue. Government needs to make sure pilots are capable of defending American lives while aboard the planes. Same way pay to train the cops who keep us safe on the ground.

OMG OBAMA CUT THE WRONG GOVERNMENT SPENDING

Washington Times - EDITORIAL: Guns on a plane

The Obama administration this past week diverted some $2 million from the pilot training program to hire more supervisory staff, who will engage in field inspections of pilots.
Much more at link.

So, what the hell is this? Disarm the pilots, none of which have ever abused their authority, not even so much as brandished their weapons?

What say you?

Even assuming that this editorial is 100% accurate in its facts, I don't see that the administration is ending the program so much as complicating it unnecessarily and bollixing it up.

I would also like to see something more than an editorial on this, if you have it.

The Obama administration this past week diverted some $2 million from the pilot training program to hire more supervisory staff, who will engage in field inspections of pilots.
Much more at link.

So, what the hell is this? Disarm the pilots, none of which have ever abused their authority, not even so much as brandished their weapons?

What say you?

does this disarming include Air Force One?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Meh ... guns in planes are bad anyway. Anyone stupid enough to fire one while in the air is pretty much not worth having as a pilot. If someone does hijack the plane with a gun while it's in the air just let go of the controls and disengage auto-pilot ... at that point I would dare them to fire with an evil grin.

Oh yeah... I'd rather have the plane flown into a building and die in a fire ball than have a pilot shoot a terrorist and save us all. :eusa_hand:

What do you think the pilot training was for?

So Kitten's position is that there's something worse that could happen in the event of a hijacking than having the plane flown into a stationary object? Never mind that we're headed for that skyscraper, a stray bullet might hit a passenger? Um, okay. :cuckoo:

A lot less now that we've taken money from their training.
Why can't the airlines pay for their training? Or the pilots themselves?

OMG, OBAMA CUT GOVERNMENT SPENDING!!!

Became a national defense issue. Government needs to make sure pilots are capable of defending American lives while aboard the planes. Same way pay to train the cops who keep us safe on the ground.

OMG OBAMA CUT THE WRONG GOVERNMENT SPENDING
That's your opinion. I'm good with federal marshalls...pilots aren't the po-lice and they shouldn't be used as such.

Properly aimed bullet will not bring down a plane

How many people do you know can always "properly aim" a bullet?

*ALL* of them.

Next question... :eusa_whistle:

I wasn't aware that guns were that complicated a piece of machinery to operate, particularly at close quarters. But then, I'm not a liberal, and have more than two brain cells to rub together. Maybe to them, it's incomprehensible and mysterious.

Much more at link.

What say you?

I've never been on Air Force One, but I'd bet that a goodly proportion of the people on it are armed.

Much more at link.

What say you?

I've never been on Air Force One, but I'd bet that a goodly proportion of the people on it are armed.

Of course they are. why shouldn't the American people get the same protection from hijacking as Obama?

Much more at link.

What say you?

He is anti gun. always has been.

I think he's anti American too. Everything he is doing is going to bring America down.

Much more at link.

What say you?

I think he's anti American too. Everything he is doing is going to bring America down.

In all fairness, I don't think he thinks that will happen, so I don't think that's his actual goal.

In other words, he's not anti-American. He's just dumb and misguided.

• Thanks
Why is the government so stupid? What did the pilots do to provoke this dumb law? Did they shoot a passenger, the copilot, anyone? Did they threaten anyone? No. This is another attempt to "bring down taxes" by not having protection for pilots if something ever, God forbid, happened on another airplane. Does he not care if there is another 9/11? Does he not want our pilots to be able to protect themselves? And yet another wonderful idea from our government. :clap2: Way to go.

Much more at link.

What say you?

Obama is afraid of guns. He's probably going to die by one. I've said for awhile now that my bet is he'll be assassinated.

I sure hope you lose your bet.

In all fairness, I don't think he thinks that will happen, so I don't think that's his actual goal.

Yes he is. What do you think his "Change" is all about. In his peabrain and his wifes peabrain America ia a downright mean country and needs changing. It won't be recognizable when he gets through.

Yes he is. What do you think his "Change" is all about. In his peabrain and his wifes peabrain America ia a downright mean country and needs changing. It won't be recognizable when he gets through.

Now THAT probably IS his goal.

Why is the government so stupid? What did the pilots do to provoke this dumb law? Did they shoot a passenger, the copilot, anyone? Did they threaten anyone? No. This is another attempt to "bring down taxes" by not having protection for pilots if something ever, God forbid, happened on another airplane. Does he not care if there is another 9/11? Does he not want our pilots to be able to protect themselves? And yet another wonderful idea from our government. :clap2: Way to go.

No, of course they didn't. The pilots have been well trained and have acted completely appropriately with the firearms they carry. But, let's see if they can keep up that record without training. Once there's an incident, then they have an excuse to end the program.

And contrary to what some fool said on here, the Pilots don't have guns to act like the "po-lice." They have guns to act as the last vestige of hope in a dire situation.

• Thanks

No, of course they didn't. The pilots have been well trained and have acted completely appropriately with the firearms they carry. But, let's see if they can keep up that record without training. Once there's an incident, then they have an excuse to end the program.

And contrary to what some fool said on here, the Pilots don't have guns to act like the "po-lice" that have guns to act as the last vestige of hope in a dire situation.
If this sort of terrorism was commonplace then an armed federal agent should be aboard each plane. And no, private employees should not be enforcing federal terrorism laws.

And contrary to what some fool said on here, the Pilots don't have guns to act like the "po-lice" that have guns to act as the last vestige of hope in a dire situation.
If this sort of terrorism was commonplace then an armed federal agent should be aboard each plane. And no, private employees should not be enforcing federal terrorism laws.

Since when is self defense enforcing federal terrorism laws? Oh wait.. my bad.. I meant to say enforcing federal man made disaster laws.

Forum List

Back