Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

I was just wondering. Have any of you seen your insurance premiums go DOWN since Obamacare was voted into law?

Have any of you been informed that your insurance costs will be LESS once the law is fully into effect?

All we have seen so far is higher premiums for Medicare, more copay, and reduction in services.

If that is a snapshot of what is to come, hold onto your wallets folks.

No. I have been told that my Tricare will be shrunk and eventually included in Medicare. Funny, I contracted with my government to receive healthcare in exchange for a defined number of my years dedicated to their service. I now have to purchase Tricare and pay part of my medical care costs. How many of you all really believe that your government healthcare will fare any better than that promised to veterans?

I hear ya son. The old people are the very people this slimy little bastard stole from 716 Billion dollars.

YOU voted for it people

now here comes the dictators hammer..

That's true. He won with a "clear mandate". Elections have consequences. It's really tough when the libturds learn just what those consequences are.

I don't think a stolen election is a clear mandate.

seniorvote-300x193.jpg

By Kenric Ward | Watchdog.org Virginia Bureau October 9, 2012

FREDERICKSBURG — A Virginia election-watch organization has sent letters to some 2,000 nursing homes warning that aggressive voter-registration groups may be “harvesting votes” of vulnerable seniors.

HELP: A nursing-home patient is assisted in casting her vote.

But in the absence of formal complaints to the State Board of Elections, skeptics say the Virginia Voters Alliance is merely grandstanding or, worse, trampling First Amendment rights.

“Facilities such as yours are often targeted under the guise of ‘helping’ senior citizens, while really having the intention of stealing the vote,” wrote VVA president Reagan George.

George, a tea party activist based in Chantilly, said a “representative sampling of techniques” includes:

Registering patients without their knowledge or against their will.
Registrations resulting in the person being registered multiple times with the state, or possibly two different states.
Registering patients who have been judged incompetent.
Applying for an absentee ballot either without the person’s knowledge or against the person’s will and inserting their organization as a “voting assistant.”
Submitting a prepared ballot to a patient for signature, forging the person’s signature or signing for recently deceased patients.

Links
Blog: On the Harvesting of Votes

VA: Group warns of ‘vote harvesting’ at nursing homes « Watchdog News

I fully agree with you. My statement was made tongue-in-cheek. Somehow, I have a tough time suspending disbelief long enough to accept that so many voting precincts had NO, NONE, NADA votes...not ONE, for Romney. Particularly in the so-called battleground states. I guess I need to go back to the Koolaide stand.

That's true. He won with a "clear mandate". Elections have consequences. It's really tough when the libturds learn just what those consequences are.

I don't think a stolen election is a clear mandate.

seniorvote-300x193.jpg

By Kenric Ward | Watchdog.org Virginia Bureau October 9, 2012

FREDERICKSBURG — A Virginia election-watch organization has sent letters to some 2,000 nursing homes warning that aggressive voter-registration groups may be “harvesting votes” of vulnerable seniors.

HELP: A nursing-home patient is assisted in casting her vote.

But in the absence of formal complaints to the State Board of Elections, skeptics say the Virginia Voters Alliance is merely grandstanding or, worse, trampling First Amendment rights.

“Facilities such as yours are often targeted under the guise of ‘helping’ senior citizens, while really having the intention of stealing the vote,” wrote VVA president Reagan George.

George, a tea party activist based in Chantilly, said a “representative sampling of techniques” includes:

Registering patients without their knowledge or against their will.
Registrations resulting in the person being registered multiple times with the state, or possibly two different states.
Registering patients who have been judged incompetent.
Applying for an absentee ballot either without the person’s knowledge or against the person’s will and inserting their organization as a “voting assistant.”
Submitting a prepared ballot to a patient for signature, forging the person’s signature or signing for recently deceased patients.

Links
Blog: On the Harvesting of Votes

VA: Group warns of ‘vote harvesting’ at nursing homes « Watchdog News

I fully agree with you. My statement was made tongue-in-cheek. Somehow, I have a tough time suspending disbelief long enough to accept that so many voting precincts had NO, NONE, NADA votes...not ONE, for Romney. Particularly in the so-called battleground states. I guess I need to go back to the Koolaide stand.

ST. PETERSBURG— A Barack Obama campaign worker helped an undercover journalist register to vote for the president in Florida despite her expressed intention to vote in another state, video reviewed by Watchdog.org shows.

Casting more than one ballot in the same election is a violation of federal and state statutes. Experts said helping someone violate election law is also a crime and could be prosecuted under conspiracy laws.

The video, produced by independent journalist James O’Keefe, also shows Democratic activists in New York helping register an undercover reporter who says he wants to vote twice — in Minnesota and in New York.

But the most arresting footage shows an Organizing for America staffer in the group’s Houston office providing a video journalist with an application to request a Florida absentee ballot, even though the journalist has made it clear she also intends to vote in Texas.​

FL: Swing-state magnet for fraudulent double voting « Watchdog News

Republican governors can try and make this work, or they can toss their hands up and pout. If the ACA fails, we'll go single payer.

I doubt that. There is no stomach in this country to go single payer among the American people or the Congress, ACA or no ACA. Furthermore, I would argue that single payer would be unconstitutional.

Furthermore, I would argue that single payer would be unconstitutional.

This whole thing, forcing people to purchase health care is unconstitutional we should argue this all the way to the Supreme court....

Wait a second.....

Never mind. :eusa_silenced:

Forcing people to purchase something was deemed unconstitutional. It was only upheld because Obama insisted it was a tax, after he said over and over that it wasn't a tax. When upheld as legal because it's a tax, he went right back to telling people it wasn't a tax.

We are being run by liars and thieves.

I was just wondering. Have any of you seen your insurance premiums go DOWN since Obamacare was voted into law?

Have any of you been informed that your insurance costs will be LESS once the law is fully into effect?

All we have seen so far is higher premiums for Medicare, more copay, and reduction in services.

If that is a snapshot of what is to come, hold onto your wallets folks.

No. I have been told that my Tricare will be shrunk and eventually included in Medicare. Funny, I contracted with my government to receive healthcare in exchange for a defined number of my years dedicated to their service. I now have to purchase Tricare and pay part of my medical care costs. How many of you all really believe that your government healthcare will fare any better than that promised to veterans?

I hear ya son. The old people are the very people this slimy little bastard stole from 716 Billion dollars.

Old people don't count any more because they have no more usefulness. All they do is take up scat funds for medical services. We'll just have to winnow out those useless old people in favor of the more important, younger illegal immigrants who will vote for liberals/democrats.

ST. PETERSBURG— A Barack Obama campaign worker helped an undercover journalist register to vote for the president in Florida despite her expressed intention to vote in another state, video reviewed by Watchdog.org shows.

Casting more than one ballot in the same election is a violation of federal and state statutes. Experts said helping someone violate election law is also a crime and could be prosecuted under conspiracy laws.

The video, produced by independent journalist James O’Keefe, also shows Democratic activists in New York helping register an undercover reporter who says he wants to vote twice — in Minnesota and in New York.

But the most arresting footage shows an Organizing for America staffer in the group’s Houston office providing a video journalist with an application to request a Florida absentee ballot, even though the journalist has made it clear she also intends to vote in Texas.​

Not an isolated incident, I'm sure. But, obama won...we should just suck it up. If elections have consequences, I wonder just what unintended consequences are coming down the pipe...

Not an isolated incident, I'm sure. But, obama won...we should just suck it up. If elections have consequences, I wonder just what unintended consequences are coming down the pipe...

If you wonder why so many are worried because of the election it's because it's becoming more and more clear that the election was rigged.

They were finding districts all over swing-states that had over 100% registration. I wouldn't even be surprised if the White House which was responsible for making sure that troops received their absentee ballots on time instead cast their ballots for Obama. Many of the deployed troops never got their ballots.

When it starts to dawn on everyone that a criminal is in the White House and is still there illegitimately I don't think it bodes well for the next 4 years. An honest election is the cornerstone of any free society.

I know it sounds a bit extreme but just look at the way Obama is acting. It's clear he has no intention of acting like a president. He's more like a fox in the hen house.

Last edited:

If you wonder why so many are worried because of the election it's because it's becoming more and more clear that the election was rigged.

They were finding districts all over swing-states that had over 100% registration. I wouldn't even be surprised if the White House which was responsible for making sure that troops received their absentee ballots on time instead cast their ballots for Obama. Many of the deployed troops never got their ballots.

When it starts to dawn on everyone that a criminal is in the White House and is still there illegitimately I don't think it bodes well for the next 4 years. An honest election is the cornerstone of any free society.

I know it sounds a bit extreme but just look at the way Obama is acting. It's clear he has no intention of acting like a president. He's more like a fox in the hen house.

No different than Russia or China. Oblamer has perfected voter rigging.

No different than Russia or China. Oblamer has perfected voter rigging.

One of the byproducts of a president winning is that he shows his appreciation to the voters for their trust. Especially right after the election.

I don't see that at all in Obama. He knows he cheated and he knows he shouldn't have won. That's why his relationship with the voters is based on a lack of mutual respect.

Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare​

By: Sandy Fitzgerald and Martin Gould
01 Dec 2012

Residents of states that refuse to set up health insurance exchanges under Obamacare are set to be hit with higher premiums under new rules announced by the Health and Human Services Department.

Insurance companies will be charged 3.5 percent of any premiums they sell through the federal exchanges, the department announced Friday. And insurers are likely to pass that surcharge on to clients, leaading to higher premiums.

The only states to be affected are those that refuse to set up their own exchanges because of opposition to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. They are almost certain to be those under Republican control. In those states, HHS will set up the exchanges. …

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Obama Slaps States That Refuse to Comply With Obamacare

Gee, I wonder why they think that is legal. Is there something in Obamacare that allows them to do this? Wouldn't it be smarter for a person that needs insurance to no use the federal exchange since it costs more? Wasn't Obamacare supposed to drive the cost curve down?

So....GOP led states (Like SC, that bitch gov we have here).....are going to pass power TO THE FEDS (despite their talking points of states power) and as a result we'll all get charged more by the private sector heroes who run insurance companies.

Great job GOP. And on again, you wonder why you lost.

They are not passing power to anyone, they are simply opting out of a massive, and expensive, government program.

Sounds like the federal exchange will be self-sustaining. There goes any talk of Congress defunding its operations. :)

The federal exchange is not eligible for premium support, and the premiums are going to be higher. How does that make it self sustaining, oh idiotic one?

Republican governors can try and make this work, or they can toss their hands up and pout. If the ACA fails, we'll go single payer.

Haven't been paying attention to polls lately, have you? If Obamacare fails the real liberals win, and we will get less government involvement in health care.

I doubt that. There is no stomach in this country to go single payer among the American people or the Congress, ACA or no ACA. Furthermore, I would argue that single payer would be unconstitutional.

I disagree, the trend is more and more toward single payer. If after a few years of the ACA, healthcare costs skyrockets, and businesses start to evaluate how much they can save by the country going single payer, it will happen.

Right now, Americans think we can have good healthcare without going with a European model. If in 10 years no one has come up with a solution to our healthcare problems, and te ACA is in the toilet, Americans will be ready to look toward Europe and Canada.

Now I know how McConnel felt after his meeting with Giether.

Thanks, I needed a laugh.

I disagree, the trend is more and more toward single payer. If after a few years of the ACA, healthcare costs skyrockets, and businesses start to evaluate how much they can save by the country going single payer, it will happen.

Right now, Americans think we can have good healthcare without going with a European model. If in 10 years no one has come up with a solution to our healthcare problems, and te ACA is in the toilet, Americans will be ready to look toward Europe and Canada.

But we don't have problem with our health care system. It's one of the best in the world. In terms of quality, it is the best in the world. The issue has been the cost and that is directly the fault of the government.

We have the best in the world, if you have the money for it. That's an issue that can drive us toward single payer if we can't fix it.

Do you know anyone that was denied medical care because they did not have money?

The right wing wants to laugh now but in fifty years their grand children will marvel at the first world standards of the American Single Payer System :p

the more the states have to pay obama for his punitive fines the less care the people get. let the games begin.

The right wing wants to laugh now but in fifty years their grand children will marvel at the first world standards of the American Single Payer System :p

correction douche,, they'll marvel at the 80% tax rate they're paying so you leeches can leech some more.

This is why vote fraud should be punished with death.

Forum List

Back