Obama skips Polish funeral, heads to golf course

Maybe being President isn't that bad... I have thought for years that it would suck but maybe not... This guy has played 32 rounds of golf in a little over a year... I've only had time to play about twice in the last year...Obama skips Polish funeral, heads to golf course - Washington Times

So you haven't had much time to get out on the links to work on lowering your score?

Maybe if you took time out from trying to lower the IQ score of USMB...

Frankly my dears, we'd all be far better of if he spent all of his time playing golf.

Just sayin'.

Maybe being President isn't that bad... I have thought for years that it would suck but maybe not... This guy has played 32 rounds of golf in a little over a year... I've only had time to play about twice in the last year...

Obama skips Polish funeral, heads to golf course - Washington Times

That's a bit unfair to Obammy (can't believe I'm saying this).

Barry Soetoro isn't my favorite person, but he didn't just "skip" the funeral to play golf. He had a small obstacle in his way--a FARKING VOLCANO spewing ash, soot and lava everywhere which (you may have noticed) grounded quite a few airplanes...including Air Force One.

This was WAY out of his control.

Dayam. :eusa_doh:

Maybe being President isn't that bad... I have thought for years that it would suck but maybe not... This guy has played 32 rounds of golf in a little over a year... I've only had time to play about twice in the last year...

:gives:

Barry Soetoro isn't my favorite person, but he didn't just "skip" the funeral to play golf. He had a small obstacle in his way--a FARKING VOLCANO spewing ash, soot and lava everywhere which (you may have noticed) grounded quite a few airplanes...including Air Force One.

There's one little detail to consider: Airforce One is allowed to fly at much higher altitudes than commercial flights - and has flexibility for flight path selection. If Obama had really wanted to be there, he would have, methinks.

nah could have flown west and made it.....washington to california to japan and onto poland.....in flight refuleling and played tiger woods golf the whole way....

How desperate can you get??? This is really pathetic. Forget it!!! The secret is out. The unthinkable!! Obama is doing a good job. The more you try to discredit him with stupid, untrue bull crap, the dumber you look.

Maybe being President isn't that bad... I have thought for years that it would suck but maybe not... This guy has played 32 rounds of golf in a little over a year... I've only had time to play about twice in the last year...Obama skips Polish funeral, heads to golf course - Washington Times

So you haven't had much time to get out on the links to work on lowering your score?

Maybe if you took time out from trying to lower the IQ score of USMB...

^ Irony Alert

Hey....tee times are a bitch to get in the summer...I hope Obama played a good round...maybe he can go on the Nike Tour when he leaves the White House in 2012.:lol:

There's one little detail to consider: Airforce One is allowed to fly at much higher altitudes than commercial flights - and has flexibility for flight path selection. If Obama had really wanted to be there, he would have, methinks.

Wrong. The plume is in the upper atmosphere. The reason the Germans were able to fly is because they were under 25,000 feet, where the ash had already filtered out of the air.

Try again.

What a bogus title of an article. He can't fly there due to the Iceland volcano, so he didn't "skip" anything intentionally.

A massive volcanic plume covering most of Europe forced President Obama to cancel a Sunday trip to Poland to attend the funeral of the nation's president. But the last-minute change left an opening in his schedule, so the president headed to the links for a round of golf instead.

Who the hell are journalists these days? No journalistic integrity anymore apparently

I've used some pretty good excuses for not going somewhere but I will have to use "massive volcanic plume" at least once. It's just too damn funny!

Guy flies into a heavy fog airport, crashes and dies.
Another guy flies to funeral of first guy and gets killed flying into an ash cloud.
OR
Second guy says it is bad to fly into ash clouds and die, I'll learn from the first guy.
OR
Second guy says I like golf better than funerals.

For me the more important issue is, why do I want to put two n's or l's in funeral?

Wrong. The plume is in the upper atmosphere. The reason the Germans were able to fly is because they were under 25,000 feet, where the ash had already filtered out of the air.

Try again.[/QUOTE]

That seems to be the opposite of recent news reports which state that the altitude is 1.2 miles.

Airforce One should be able to cruise well above that level (over 30K feet).

And, the flight path could easily have been altered to avoid the main ash plume.

Go ahead, make excuses you pathetic waste of protoplasm.

If Obama had wanted to go, he would have found a way. He has access to resources that are far beyond the average person. It's shameful that he didn't use them.

Forum List

Back