Obama skips Polish funeral, heads to golf course

Maybe being President isn't that bad... I have thought for years that it would suck but maybe not... This guy has played 32 rounds of golf in a little over a year... I've only had time to play about twice in the last year...

Obama skips Polish funeral, heads to golf course - Washington Times

:rolleyes:

from your link:
"A massive volcanic plume covering most of Europe forced President Obama to cancel a Sunday trip to Poland to attend the funeral of the nation's president. But the last-minute change left an opening in his schedule, so the president headed to the links for a round of golf instead."

i didn't vote for him and so far i'm not impressed at all by him, but can you for chrissakes give this kind of bullshit a rest?

Disingenuous misleading titles come from both sides... as Dr. Gregg should know, considering the amount of them he has started himself... and lord knows KMAN is a notorious offender as well

Bullshit hack, please point out? You guys just claim things are stupid or dumb or false, with NOTHing to back it up.

pretty sad

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/109059-texas-school-board-to-rewrite-history.html

There's just one of the examples

Or maybe it is best just stated, the number of disingenuous posts done by your uber-partisan hackery (not just threads)

What is disingenuous about that? they were indeed changing history to suit their politics.

I know, to a hack, its OK as long as they push conservative bullshit. Wonder why the biggest sources of education and intelligence are all deemed "liberal" by the whiny conservatives that can't handle reality

Maybe being President isn't that bad... I have thought for years that it would suck but maybe not... This guy has played 32 rounds of golf in a little over a year... I've only had time to play about twice in the last year...

Obama skips Polish funeral, heads to golf course - Washington Times

:rolleyes:

from your link:
"A massive volcanic plume covering most of Europe forced President Obama to cancel a Sunday trip to Poland to attend the funeral of the nation's president. But the last-minute change left an opening in his schedule, so the president headed to the links for a round of golf instead."

i didn't vote for him and so far i'm not impressed at all by him, but can you for chrissakes give this kind of bullshit a rest?

^^^^^ What he said.

Yea this guy has played much more golf than the previous President did yet we're just not seeing all those pompous Liberals hopping up on the high horses screeching their condemnation huh? Their silence seems pretty dishonest & hypocritical in my opinion.

Sounds like Obama was forced to not go, so I dont' have a problem with it.

I do have a problem with the liberal hypocrisy. We heard in the past about how Bush was always on vacation, and Obama is much worse, and they are silent.

Hypocrites

Oh remember the days when Presidents playing Golf was condemned by pompous Liberals as being "Evil?" Where are they today? Hmm?

I agree with Xeno. He could have taken a southern route.

He could have visited a couple places in Route, like visit Spain and see how well Cap and Trade is working for them, and look in on Greece and see how policies similar to Stimulus and Tarp worked for them.

And then go to Krakow and seen a functioning economy.

really? funny. i expect better from xeno.

if he took the longer route, the rightwingnuts suffering from ODS would be complaining that he's polluting; or that he should be at his desk; or that he's spending too much of our money; using to much fuel; breathing too much air.

it's embarrassing for you guys already.

but thanks for the non-sequiturs.

Don't know about that. He can't fly right into it. I am not asking that the man risk his life on stupid. But he can't use it as an excuse either. It is not a constant cloud over the whole place. He can still get in. And considering how badly he has behaved to the Poles so far, he really does owe it to them to make the effort.
So did you not live in Oregon in 1980?

And I would like my President to make the safest decision. Most of Europe cannot fly right now, and if I was sitting in an airport having waited for days, I would be pissed to hear world leaders were able to fly in.

I do have a problem with the liberal hypocrisy. We heard in the past about how Bush was always on vacation, and Obama is much worse, and they are silent.

Hypocrites

I think four hours of golf, is a little different than spending all his time at a ranch in Texas.

really? funny. i expect better from xeno.

if he took the longer route, the rightwingnuts suffering from ODS would be complaining that he's polluting; or that he should be at his desk; or that he's spending too much of our money; using to much fuel; breathing too much air.

it's embarrassing for you guys already.

but thanks for the non-sequiturs.

Don't know about that. He can't fly right into it. I am not asking that the man risk his life on stupid. But he can't use it as an excuse either. It is not a constant cloud over the whole place. He can still get in. And considering how badly he has behaved to the Poles so far, he really does owe it to them to make the effort.

And I would like my President to make the safest decision. Most of Europe cannot fly right now, and if I was sitting in an airport having waited for days, I would be pissed to hear world leaders were able to fly in.

Polish airports are open, and not just to VIPs.

Hypocrites

I think four hours of golf, is a little different than spending all his time at a ranch in Texas.
Manly men clear brush. Gay muslin communist men golf.

Hypocrites

Gay muslin?

Hypocrites

my wife's gonna be pissed

Isn't that as of today?

I found this.

Mt. St. Helens, United States, 1980.
A 727 and a DC-8 encountered separate ash clouds during this major eruption. Both airplanes experienced damage to their windshields and to several systems, but both landed safely despite the windshield damage.

Galunggung volcano, Indonesia, 1982.
Several 747s encountered ash from this eruption. One airplane lost thrust from all four engines and descended from 36,000 ft to 12,500 ft before all four engines were restarted. The airplane, on a flight from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Perth, Australia, diverted to Jakarta and landed safely despite major engine damage. This airplane subsequently had all four engines replaced before returning to service. A few days after the initial encounters, another 747 flew into the ash cloud and suffered significant engine damage. This airplane also diverted to Jakarta and subsequently performed a successful two-engine landing.

Mt. Redoubt, United States, 1989.
On a flight from Amsterdam to Anchorage, Alaska, a new 747-400 (only three months old with approximately 900 hr total flying time) encountered an ash cloud from the erupting Mt. Redoubt near Anchorage. All four engines ingested ash and flamed out. The crew successfully restarted the engines and landed safely at Anchorage.

All four engines were replaced and many airplane systems also had to be repaired or replaced. For example, the airplane environmental control system was replaced, the fuel tanks were cleaned, and the hydraulic systems were repaired. Several other airplanes encountered ash from this eruption, but most damage was minor because operators had been notified of the eruption. Some operators, such as Alaska Airlines, continued scheduled flights once they developed processes to safely identify where ash might be encountered. Although information was available about the Mt. Redoubt eruption, the channels for sharing this information were not well developed at the time (see "Alaska Airlines Procedures for Operating in Volcanic Ash Conditions").

Mt. Pinatubo, Philippines, 1991.
More than 20 volcanic ash encounters occurred after the Mt. Pinatubo eruption, which was the largest volcanic eruption of the past 50 years. The ability to predict where ash was to be found was challenging because of the enormous extent of the ash cloud. Commercial flights and various military operations were affected; one U.S. operator grounded its airplanes in Manila for several days.

Mt. Popocatepetl, Mexico, 1997.
This volcano affected several flights in 1997 and 1998. Although damage was minor in most cases, one flight crew experienced significantly reduced visibility for landing and had to look through the flight deck side windows to taxi after landing. In addition, the airport in Mexico City was closed for up to 24 hr on several occasions during subsequent intermittent eruptions

Aero 09 - Volcanic Ash Avoidance

I don't blame anyone for not flying.

Isn't that as of today?

I found this.

Mt. St. Helens, United States, 1980.
A 727 and a DC-8 encountered separate ash clouds during this major eruption. Both airplanes experienced damage to their windshields and to several systems, but both landed safely despite the windshield damage.

Galunggung volcano, Indonesia, 1982.
Several 747s encountered ash from this eruption. One airplane lost thrust from all four engines and descended from 36,000 ft to 12,500 ft before all four engines were restarted. The airplane, on a flight from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Perth, Australia, diverted to Jakarta and landed safely despite major engine damage. This airplane subsequently had all four engines replaced before returning to service. A few days after the initial encounters, another 747 flew into the ash cloud and suffered significant engine damage. This airplane also diverted to Jakarta and subsequently performed a successful two-engine landing.

Mt. Redoubt, United States, 1989.
On a flight from Amsterdam to Anchorage, Alaska, a new 747-400 (only three months old with approximately 900 hr total flying time) encountered an ash cloud from the erupting Mt. Redoubt near Anchorage. All four engines ingested ash and flamed out. The crew successfully restarted the engines and landed safely at Anchorage.

All four engines were replaced and many airplane systems also had to be repaired or replaced. For example, the airplane environmental control system was replaced, the fuel tanks were cleaned, and the hydraulic systems were repaired. Several other airplanes encountered ash from this eruption, but most damage was minor because operators had been notified of the eruption. Some operators, such as Alaska Airlines, continued scheduled flights once they developed processes to safely identify where ash might be encountered. Although information was available about the Mt. Redoubt eruption, the channels for sharing this information were not well developed at the time (see "Alaska Airlines Procedures for Operating in Volcanic Ash Conditions").

Mt. Pinatubo, Philippines, 1991.
More than 20 volcanic ash encounters occurred after the Mt. Pinatubo eruption, which was the largest volcanic eruption of the past 50 years. The ability to predict where ash was to be found was challenging because of the enormous extent of the ash cloud. Commercial flights and various military operations were affected; one U.S. operator grounded its airplanes in Manila for several days.

Mt. Popocatepetl, Mexico, 1997.
This volcano affected several flights in 1997 and 1998. Although damage was minor in most cases, one flight crew experienced significantly reduced visibility for landing and had to look through the flight deck side windows to taxi after landing. In addition, the airport in Mexico City was closed for up to 24 hr on several occasions during subsequent intermittent eruptions

Aero 09 - Volcanic Ash Avoidance

I don't blame anyone for not flying.

Yes, they opened this morning, just as transatlantic red eye flights would be arriving.

Insert the year 2005 and Bush is President.....the ODS
_____________ would be complaining that he's polluting; or that he should be at his desk; or that he's spending too much of our money; using to much fuel; breathing too much air.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....now where have I heard this before?

Forum List

Back