Obama signs new Executive Order expanding Homeland Security mission in the U.S.

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
Obama signs new Executive Order expanding Homeland Security mission in the U.S. - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com

The purpose of this order is to maximize the Federal Government's ability to develop local partnerships in the United States to support homeland security priorities. Partnerships are collaborative working relationships in which the goals, structure, and roles and responsibilities of the relationships are mutually determined.

There is established a White House Homeland Security Partnership Council (Council) to foster local partnerships -- between the Federal Government and the private sector, nongovernmental organizations, foundations, community-based organizations, and State, local, tribal, and territorial government and law enforcement -- to address homeland security challenges.

Sec. 3. Mission and Function of the Council and Steering Committee

(ii) promote homeland security priorities and opportunities for collaboration between Federal Government field offices and State, local, tribal, and territorial stakeholders;

(iii) advise and confer with State, local, tribal, and territorial stakeholders and agencies interested in expanding or building local homeland security partnerships; - Whitehouse.gov

Our constitutional scholar at work !!!

Explain where he's getting the money to do this? Since the govenment has been operating on continueing resoultions for the last three years, congress couldn't have appropirated it. If you bother to read the document, you seem hold in contempt, appropirations are the only way money can be drawn from the treasury.

I told you rethug assholes when George Bush was putting the Patriot Act in place and you rethugs all thought it the best piece of legislation EVER, I said then that as soon as a Dem was in the WH and expanding upon the fine piece of legislation that the Rethugs USED to love, that you wouldn't be happy.

And now you are not happy. And it is to funny to hear you whine.

Guess you all are like Mittens. You were for it before you were against it.

Obama signs new Executive Order expanding Homeland Security mission in the U.S. - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com

The purpose of this order is to maximize the Federal Government's ability to develop local partnerships in the United States to support homeland security priorities. Partnerships are collaborative working relationships in which the goals, structure, and roles and responsibilities of the relationships are mutually determined.

There is established a White House Homeland Security Partnership Council (Council) to foster local partnerships -- between the Federal Government and the private sector, nongovernmental organizations, foundations, community-based organizations, and State, local, tribal, and territorial government and law enforcement -- to address homeland security challenges.

(ii) promote homeland security priorities and opportunities for collaboration between Federal Government field offices and State, local, tribal, and territorial stakeholders;

(iii) advise and confer with State, local, tribal, and territorial stakeholders and agencies interested in expanding or building local homeland security partnerships; - Whitehouse.gov

Your issue with this is what?

Exactly?

It's increased Federalization of your local Police.

"Federalism" just stopped another bombing in NYC.

Not a peep from you folks.

Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis was detained Wednesday after an alleged attempt to detonate the device, which was inert and part of an elaborate investigation by federal authorities and NYPD detectives.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/17/justice/new-york-federal-reserve-terror-plot/index.html

Although had this succeeded there would be "Benghazi style" rants and raves from Republicans calling for an investigation into "Obama's" failure and possible collusion with the terrorists.

:eusa_hand:

Exactly?

The black guy did it.

It's increased Federalization of your local Police.

"Federalism" just stopped another bombing in NYC.

Not a peep from you folks.

Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis was detained Wednesday after an alleged attempt to detonate the device, which was inert and part of an elaborate investigation by federal authorities and NYPD detectives.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/17/justice/new-york-federal-reserve-terror-plot/index.html

Although had this succeeded there would be "Benghazi style" rants and raves from Republicans calling for an investigation into "Obama's" failure and possible collusion with the terrorists.

:eusa_hand:

But I thought electing Obama in 2008 was going to put an end to Terrorist activities. :lol:

Negged for baseless accusation of racism.

And you never did bother to tell me what the California Elections Commission is doing to stop ineligible voters from registering and voting. 3 days should be more than enough time, considering you WORK for them.

Exactly?

The black guy did it.

And you never did bother to tell me what the California Elections Commission is doing to stop ineligible voters from registering and voting. 3 days should be more than enough time, considering you WORK for them.

Give a valid reason for opposing this EO then.

All registered voters are eligible.

The black guy did it.

I gave all my valid reasons in 2001 when I vehemently opposed the Patriot Act. They still apply.

You didn't answer the question.

what (is) the California Elections Commission is doing to stop ineligible voters from registering and voting

I gave all my valid reasons in 2001 when I vehemently opposed the Patriot Act. They still apply.

You didn't answer the question. Detracting with the PA isn't an answer. What do you have against THIS EO?

what (is) the California Elections Commission is doing to stop ineligible voters from registering and voting

I did answer it many times on other threads. We're following established laws. They are established in the NVRA, HAVA and CA elections code.

You didn't answer the question. Detracting with the PA isn't an answer. What do you have against THIS EO?

I did answer it many times on other threads. We're following established laws. They are established in the NVRA, HAVA and CA elections code.

Since I oppose the DHS it should be self-evident that I would oppose it's expansion.

Tell me what your 'established laws' are doing to stop ineligible voters from registering?

Forum List

Back