Obama Signs Extention And Expansion Of Bush Program (The Patriot Act)

Yeah I knew Gunny was hyper-partisan, but I was ecstatic and highly entertained to learn he's also an internet tough guy who will e-threat you to death lol.

I think both parties are dog shit, as well as the Patriot Act.

I understand democrats hiding as that's what people do rather than willingly choosing to expose their hypocrisy, but why aren't the republicans on this board (and this thread specifically) who love the Patriot Act standing and cheering Obama for expanding it?

Yea, its fucking disgusting.

I've been against the Patriot Act since day one. I remember when it was first manifested the liberals were kicking and screaming about it, however now that Obama extends the fucking thing its perfectly fine.

It seems Rand Paul is the only patriot in the Senate.

If people only knew how the government and legislators use the Patriot Act.

Yea, its fucking disgusting.

I've been against the Patriot Act since day one. I remember when it was first manifested the liberals were kicking and screaming about it, however now that Obama extends the fucking thing its perfectly fine.

It seems Rand Paul is the only patriot in the Senate.

If people only knew how the government and legislators use the Patriot Act.

Agreed. I don't like Nazi-ism; regardless who is perpetrating it.

Regardless of which party is in power, doing right is always right and doing wrong is always wrong. The PATRIOT Act has, to my knowledge, never received the kind of scrunity and attention it demanded in the debate leading up to its original passage, much less its renewals. We need a national discussion of the legislation this time, particularly given that it is now being expanded, rather than downscaled as in previous renewals.

To my mind, the PATRIOT Act hinges on three questions:
(1) Are its provisions in line with our constitional protections?
(2) How effective have its provisions been in achieving its purpose?
(3) Is the trade off in liberty worth the alleged gain in security?

Of course it's easier to just be lazy and let your congressman do your thinking for you. They never lead us astray.

Regardless of which party is in power, doing right is always right and doing wrong is always wrong. The PATRIOT Act has, to my knowledge, never received the kind of scrunity and attention it demanded in the debate leading up to its original passage, much less its renewals. We need a national discussion of the legislation this time, particularly given that it is now being expanded, rather than downscaled as in previous renewals.

To my mind, the PATRIOT Act hinges on three questions:
(1) Are its provisions in line with our constitional protections?
(2) How effective have its provisions been in achieving its purpose?
(3) Is the trade off in liberty worth the alleged gain in security?

Of course it's easier to just be lazy and let your congressman do your thinking for you. They never lead us astray.

Debate this:

For every ounce of security you demand, you give up that much freedom.

Just like attending a church for 20+ years doesn't mean he believes, you lefties couldn't stand man to man in a midget wrestling contest.
Who could? I saw these guys at Kings Island last October. I, for one, wouldn't want to bump into one of these guys in a dark alley some night.

The Obama ran against everything GWB did - He advertised Himself as "change" from the failed policies of GWB.

And so, what has The Obama done since taking office?
Continued, if not expanded, just about every one of those policies.

If GWB was a terrible President because of those policies, it is impossible to escape the conclusion that, The Obama, by continuing and expanding those polices, is worse.

The Obama ran against everything GWB did - He advertised Himself as "change" from the failed policies of GWB.

And so, what has The Obama done since taking office?
Continued, if not expanded, just about every one of those policies.

If GWB was a terrible President because of those policies, it is impossible to escape the conclusion that, The Obama, by continuing and expanding those polices, is worse.

Post of the day

Seems Obama and the Dems love Bush's Patriot Act more then the GOP does.

What a change taking the White House has made.

Obama signed the thing by Auto-Pen while taking a break from embarassing himself in Europe.

Now I feel safer.(Sarcasm intended)

It's okay now. A Democrap did it.

Wait and see how fast this thread makes it to page 3.:lol:

Politics | Obama, in Europe, signs Patriot Act extension | Seattle Times Newspaper

I had to Google it...

The AP has other things to Report on on the Main Wire:

AP NEWS on MEDIA SITES

APNewsBreak: Mladic nabbed in routine raid
Air France jet plunged at 11,000 feet per minute
Russia offers to mediate Gadhafi's exit
Clinton: Pakistan needs to take 'decisive steps'

Shocker...

:)

peace...

Hope and Change!!! Yes we Can!!!!!

11_obama_lg.jpg

nope, I was just kidding.

You mean the Hopey Changey One hasn't gotten rid of the Patriot Act yet? Yea "Hope & Change" = "You silly sheep will believe anything wont ya? Ha Ha Suckas!!"

Forum List

Back