Obama Signs Bill Giving Him Armed Protection For Life

What are the odds that some fringe lunatic is going to kill you because you served as president?

Not high.

How many lunatics have attempted to assassinate sitting or former presidents?

Several.

I get your point but we're all equal remember? Just like GWB will be at risk, so will he. And what about their separate healthcare plans.

The former plan was it ended after 10 years. What's the issue that he has to have it forever?

what part of *restores* lifetime protection confuses you, asshat?

every president up to and including clinton had/has lifetime protection.

now obama, the evil gwb and whoever follows obama will have the same protection as their predecessors.

unbunch your panties

fuckwit

"me no likey that ******, so everything he does is bad, he be da debil"

why are you even trying with such idiots? If they are too stupid to put 2 and 2 together and understand why maybe the threat to a former President might be greater than the threat to some lunatic who works at McDonalds, and so maybe just maybe they deserve the greater protection then damn nothing you say is going to persuade them differently.

I have a question for some of you nitwit Obama haters. I'll use small words in hopes that you understand.

IF Obama is so evil and is declaring himself dictator for life, then why pray tell would be be concerned about secret service protection for FORMER Presidents?

I mean using YOUR "logic" it only makes sense that Obama never intends to be a former anything..

After 10 years of receiving SS protection on the taxpayer's dime I see no reason why former presidents shouldn't pay for continued SS (or other protection) themselves.

I have a question for some of you nitwit Obama haters. I'll use small words in hopes that you understand.

IF Obama is so evil and is declaring himself dictator for life, then why pray tell would be be concerned about secret service protection for FORMER Presidents?

I mean using YOUR "logic" it only makes sense that Obama never intends to be a former anything..

It%E2%80%99s-Official-Presidency-Now-a-Dictatorship.jpg

:D

After 10 years of receiving SS protection on the taxpayer's dime I see no reason why former presidents shouldn't pay for continued SS (or other protection) themselves.

It's called an honorarium , and given the fact that for the most part we have like 3 or 4 Presidents who served 10 years prior the expense is pretty minimal.

Think about what you just proposed for instance. Obama leaves office in 2016. In 2026 Bill Clinton will be 80 years old. GWB the same; assuming they both are still around. Other than Obama , we can rest assured that no other former US President will still be alive.

I doubt both Clinton and Bush are both around. My bet would be that neither will be.

Your position saves us little if anything.

:bow2:

It's called an honorarium , and given the fact that for the most part we have like 3 or 4 Presidents who served 10 years prior the expense is pretty minimal.

Think about what you just proposed for instance. Obama leaves office in 2016. In 2026 Bill Clinton will be 80 years old. GWB the same; assuming they both are still around. Other than Obama , we can rest assured that no other former US President will still be alive.

I doubt both Clinton and Bush are both around. My bet would be that neither will be.

but we had every president serving up through eisenhower who previously did without it. this is a relatively new thing. its not part of a long term tradition bestowed on presidents. presidents used to leave office without a lifetime pension too.

but we had every president serving up through eisenhower who previously did without it. this is a relatively new thing. its not part of a long term tradition bestowed on presidents. presidents used to leave office without a lifetime pension too.

Yes they did, and it changed when Truman was too poor to afford office staff.

As to the secret service, we live in a different world than we did in 55. I think the threat of harm to former presidents, from foreign and domestic terrorists is real enough to prompt protection.

You're right, it is a different time. Heck old Jimmy Carter went traipsing around the world , working in some of the poorest areas around after leaving office, sans ANY protection. No one bothered him; but today's Presidents are just too much of a target.

Also, one must think not just of THEIR safety, but of ours as well. Imagine a former being kidnapped rather than killed.

First there is the threat of the knowledge they possess being gained. Even former Presidents know sensitive secrets.

Second, the USG would absolutely capitulate to most demands if a former were at stake

Third, the embarrassment as a nation if we were to allow something to happen to a former.

It's good to be a king, he plans on sucking off us taxpayers FOR LIFE.

How about that one...

Obama isn't stupid., He knows he would get whacked if his guards ever walk away.

What are the odds that some fringe lunatic is going to kill you because you served as president?

Less chance than me getting whacked in a mall parking lot. It should end the minute they walk out the door.

I thought all past presidents got SS protection after retirement as a matter of course??

No. Clinton ended that. Of course he made sure that he was exempted from the rule. Didn't hear anyone bitch about that.

Obama isn't stupid., He knows he would get whacked if his guards ever walk away.

Less chance than me getting whacked in a mall parking lot. It should end the minute they walk out the door.

I thought all past presidents got SS protection after retirement as a matter of course??

No. Clinton ended that. Of course he made sure that he was exempted from the rule. Didn't hear anyone bitch about that.

Only a fucking retard would believe that there is a greater chance of something happening to you in a mall than there is of something happening to an unguarded former.

Your retard status is no longer in question.

You're right. Seeing as I have actually had things happen unlike the former presidents it isn't a matter of chance. It's fact.

Care to produce the legislation and who sponsored it?

Thanks in advance.

^^^^^^^^^^

1. Thinks it's real

2. Doesn't think it's real, but needs to create a scary reality through fake pictures to rationalize the constant anxiety and ever-present poop-filled-pants as a direct result of Barack Hussein Obama being elected to a second term.

You're right. Seeing as I have actually had things happen unlike the former presidents it isn't a matter of chance. It's fact.

unlike former Presidents? State your case that no one has ever attempted anything towards a former.

Forum List

Back