Obama Signed Secret Libya Order Authorizing Support For Rebels

I am not even sure why they outed this now unless they think its a fait accompli, to going to come out and soon anyway.

The cia I guess wheres wingtips , so he can indeed that there were no 'boots' on the ground.

It will be interesting to see if he had informed the senate and house select intelligence committees that he had let the cia go into Libya.

The 'boots on the ground'..... not necessarily American boots. :eusa_whistle:

And where exactly did the article say anything about personal???????????
It said arms, money, training and propaganda.
Boots are on the way:

Lejeune Marines prepare to deploy off Libyan coast | abc11.com

Twenty-two hundred Marines and sailors from Camp Lejeune are preparing to deploy off the coast of Libya in northern Africa. They said goodbye to their families Monday afternoon, and they'll be leaving in the days ahead.
Off the coast is not on the ground, except to CON$, of course.
On board ships, in the Navy, Marines only serve as SecDet (security detail).
2,200 is a shitload more than a security detail. On our battleship our SecDet was about 25 Jarheads. Unless we have +/- 100 ships over there I wonder why we need more than two thousand.
The only time we ever had more than our normal detachment of 25 was when we were doing target practice in Roosevelt Roads, PR.
We had an additional compliment of 50 that were there as spotters for our gun's and Tomahawk's targets. ;)

So you're saying "you're beat" because all you did was bring Reagan up as a way to talk shit or "give lip?"

You come in here, make an ass of yourself and then own yourself only a few posts later... Awesome.

There are 2 ways a human can get over even let’s say 240 pounds... 230 is pushing it. 1: get really fucking fat or 2: Steroids... So either you managed to outrun a giant fat ass or you're super human and achieved what less than .000001% of "natural" athletes managed to achieve since the introduction of steroids in sports. Either way, how does that have anything to do with you avoiding the fact that Obama is a War President on his very own terms?

When someone sends me a private message and calls me foul names I respond in the open, not hide like they did.
"there are 2 ways a human can get over even let's say 240 pounds.... 230 is pushing it. 1:get really fucking fat or 2: Steroids..." :lol:
You are an idiot. I played with many that came as freshman from the country that were not fat, 6'4 and over 260 at age 19 before they were in the conditioning program.
Steroids were used by sprinters in the Olympics in the late 60s dude. So Olympic sprinters are fat?:lol::lol:
Now by the 80s, way past my days, weight lifters and football players were using them. It was a huge problem in the NFL.
But I played against and with many that got big from diet, strength coaches, whey solids and vitamins. I was born big.
Know your subject dude. You obviously know nothing about football. Talk about putting one's foot up their own ass.:razz:
What SEC school did you play for in the early 70s? No one I knew then took steroids. :lol:
At least you post all of your nonsense in the open and I give you credit for that.:clap2:
Obama a "war President"? :lol:

Well, the bodybuilding sports thing is off topic but you're a fucking moron going off your post. Who cares if sprinters took roids, I didn't say you HAD to be over 230... Shit Arnold was over 6 foot at 225 during his "prime" steroid use... So it sounds like you out ran a fat guy, like I said.

Now more on topic, I dare you to prove Obama is not a "war president."

Iraq

Afghanistan

Libya

There are my three examples of wars Obama has either not ended, expanded or started.

Okay.........I'll play your silly little game.........

Iraq. We got so entrenched in there because of Bush Jr. that it's gonna take a while to pull out. However, Obama has already pulled out the combat troops.

Afghanistan. Again, Obama inherited that war from Bush Jr. We should have actually gone into Afghanistan rather than Iraq, but Jr. was too fucking blinded by payback for his father and oil.

Libya. It's not a war yet. Oh yeah.....you DO realize that Congress passed a resolution in support of a no fly zone in Libya a full 10 days prior to Obama taking action? Rand Paul even voted in favor of it.

Try again stupid.

When someone sends me a private message and calls me foul names I respond in the open, not hide like they did.
"there are 2 ways a human can get over even let's say 240 pounds.... 230 is pushing it. 1:get really fucking fat or 2: Steroids..." :lol:
You are an idiot. I played with many that came as freshman from the country that were not fat, 6'4 and over 260 at age 19 before they were in the conditioning program.
Steroids were used by sprinters in the Olympics in the late 60s dude. So Olympic sprinters are fat?:lol::lol:
Now by the 80s, way past my days, weight lifters and football players were using them. It was a huge problem in the NFL.
But I played against and with many that got big from diet, strength coaches, whey solids and vitamins. I was born big.
Know your subject dude. You obviously know nothing about football. Talk about putting one's foot up their own ass.:razz:
What SEC school did you play for in the early 70s? No one I knew then took steroids. :lol:
At least you post all of your nonsense in the open and I give you credit for that.:clap2:

Well, the bodybuilding sports thing is off topic but you're a fucking moron going off your post. Who cares if sprinters took roids, I didn't say you HAD to be over 230... Shit Arnold was over 6 foot at 225 during his "prime" steroid use... So it sounds like you out ran a fat guy, like I said.

Iraq

Afghanistan

Libya

There are my three examples of wars Obama has either not ended, expanded or started.

Iraq. We got so entrenched in there because of Bush Jr. that it's gonna take a while to pull out. However, Obama has already pulled out the combat troops.

Afghanistan. Again, Obama inherited that war from Bush Jr. We should have actually gone into Afghanistan rather than Iraq, but Jr. was too fucking blinded by payback for his father and oil.

Libya. It's not a war yet. Oh yeah.....you DO realize that Congress passed a resolution in support of a no fly zone in Libya a full 10 days prior to Obama taking action? Rand Paul even voted in favor of it.

Try again stupid.

I didnt realize grease gun enemas affected the brain too.
Iraq: Obama followed BUsh's timetable for the pull out.
Afghanistan: Obama widened the war, sending more troops in a strategy that his chosen commander gave only moderate chances for success. The war is a disaster.
Libya: We now have troops there. Do we even know what we are doing and what our objective is?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing covert U.S. government support for rebel forces seeking to oust Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, government officials told Reuters on Wednesday.

(SCROLL DOWN FOR LIVE UPDATES)

Obama signed the order, known as a presidential "finding", within the last two or three weeks, according to four U.S. government sources familiar with the matter.

Such findings are a principal form of presidential directive used to authorize secret operations by the Central Intelligence Agency. The CIA and the White House declined immediate comment.

News that Obama had given the authorization surfaced as the President and other U.S. and allied officials spoke openly about the possibility of sending arms supplies to Gaddafi's opponents, who are fighting better-equipped government forces.

The United States is part of a coalition, with NATO members and some Arab states, which is conducting air strikes on Libyan government forces under a U.N. mandate aimed at protecting civilians opposing Gaddafi.
Story continues below

In interviews with American TV networks on Tuesday, Obama said the objective was for Gaddafi to "ultimately step down" from power. He spoke of applying "steady pressure, not only militarily but also through these other means" to force Gaddafi out.

I wished back when that Bush had taken Saddam out covertly. It would have saved thousands of lives and a ton of money.

And yes I do think Gaddafi will end up being "taken out". The guy needs killing, like Saddam did.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing covert U.S. government support for rebel forces seeking to oust Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, government officials told Reuters on Wednesday.

Obama signed the order, known as a presidential "finding", within the last two or three weeks, according to four U.S. government sources familiar with the matter.

Such findings are a principal form of presidential directive used to authorize secret operations by the Central Intelligence Agency. The CIA and the White House declined immediate comment.

News that Obama had given the authorization surfaced as the President and other U.S. and allied officials spoke openly about the possibility of sending arms supplies to Gaddafi's opponents, who are fighting better-equipped government forces.

The United States is part of a coalition, with NATO members and some Arab states, which is conducting air strikes on Libyan government forces under a U.N. mandate aimed at protecting civilians opposing Gaddafi.
Story continues below

In interviews with American TV networks on Tuesday, Obama said the objective was for Gaddafi to "ultimately step down" from power. He spoke of applying "steady pressure, not only militarily but also through these other means" to force Gaddafi out.

I wished back when that Bush had taken Saddam out covertly. It would have saved thousands of lives and a ton of money.

And yes I do think Gaddafi will end up being "taken out". The guy needs killing, like Saddam did.

Hey dumbshit. Assassination is against the law.
And how would that have saved thousands of lives? What do you think would happen with his entire structure intact?

So you're saying "you're beat" because all you did was bring Reagan up as a way to talk shit or "give lip?"

You come in here, make an ass of yourself and then own yourself only a few posts later... Awesome.

There are 2 ways a human can get over even let’s say 240 pounds... 230 is pushing it. 1: get really fucking fat or 2: Steroids... So either you managed to outrun a giant fat ass or you're super human and achieved what less than .000001% of "natural" athletes managed to achieve since the introduction of steroids in sports. Either way, how does that have anything to do with you avoiding the fact that Obama is a War President on his very own terms?

Iraq

Afghanistan

Libya

Obama expanded Iraq?:cuckoo:
The Pentagon expanded the Afghanistan war.
I disagreed with both when Bush fucked them both up. Rummie took resources AWAY from Afghanistan for Iraq and fucked that war up. Rumsfeld/Bush/Cheney were advised by the entire US military and US military ground force commanders in theatre NOT to turn their backs on the remaining Baathist police, militaryand government officials in post war Iraq and what did Bush do? Let 80,000 of them hit the streets, armed to the teeth with the Shia chasing them. The next day the IEDs started and the insurgency fought us just like our military advised they would do.
Libya? Read my posts from way back. Obama administration, just like the Reagan administration, dropped the ball on this from the start. They entered too late, ran their mouth from the start. "Ghadafi must go" comment was a bad statement to make public.
Speak softly yet carry a big stick.
Obama is not a war President. He inherited 2 wars and downsized one and is re-evaluating the other.
No wonder we end up with McCain/Palin. We need to focus on running this team off yet all I hear is Run Sarah Run, Obama is a Kenyan secret agent war President and he plays too much golf.

But bottom line we are on the same page. Obama is not a fiscal conservative and amateur at foreign policy. He must go.

Iraq

Afghanistan

Libya

I disagreed with both when Bush fucked them both up. Rummie took resources AWAY from Afghanistan for Iraq and fucked that war up. Rumsfeld/Bush/Cheney were advised by the entire US military and US military ground force commanders in theatre NOT to turn their backs on the remaining Baathist police, militaryand government officials in post war Iraq and what did Bush do? Let 80,000 of them hit the streets, armed to the teeth with the Shia chasing them. The next day the IEDs started and the insurgency fought us just like our military advised they would do.
Libya? Read my posts from way back. Obama administration, just like the Reagan administration, dropped the ball on this from the start. They entered too late, ran their mouth from the start. "Ghadafi must go" comment was a bad statement to make public.
Obama is not a war President. He inherited 2 wars and downsized one and is re-evaluating the other.
No wonder we end up with McCain/Palin. We need to focus on running this team off yet all I hear is Run Sarah Run, Obama is a Kenyan secret agent war President and he plays too much golf.

But bottom line we are on the same page. Obama is not a fiscal conservative and amateur at foreign policy. He must go.

I don't agree that Obama couldn't end the wars if he wanted to, that is why I say they are his wars now. Obama expanded Afghanistan, or allowed it.

Libya is a war as defined by what makes a war a war. Only in the Political world of I want to do a war but not call it a war is it not a war, and this war is already breaching the lines drawn in the sand by people who reeeeeeaaalllly don't want this viewed as a war.

That’s my take on it.

Obama has turned out to be a third Bush term. I doubt any liberals that voted for Obama would have been happy if they could have viewed where things are today before they voted back in 2008. I believe the rebels on their own stand a significant chance of losing, do you really think Obama wants this war to turn out like that when he took the risk he has? He will do whatever is “needed” to win this war all the while not calling it a war… He has to win, it’s the smart/intellectual choice and that’s what is at risk here…

Iraq

Afghanistan

Libya

I don't agree that Obama couldn't end the wars if he wanted to, that is why I say they are his wars now. Obama expanded Afghanistan, or allowed it.

Libya is a war as defined by what makes a war a war. Only in the Political world of I want to do a war but not call it a war is it not a war, and this war is already breaching the lines drawn in the sand by people who reeeeeeaaalllly don't want this viewed as a war.

That’s my take on it.

Obama has turned out to be a third Bush term. I doubt any liberals that voted for Obama would have been happy if they could have viewed where things are today before they voted back in 2008. I believe the rebels on their own stand a significant chance of losing, do you really think Obama wants this war to turn out like that when he took the risk he has? He will do whatever is “needed” to win this war all the while not calling it a war… He has to win, it’s the smart/intellectual choice and that’s what is at risk here…

Win these wars???
Every commander and General we have in the field from the go has stated WE will never win any of these wars. How can we win any of these wars? No one in the military claims we can win any of these wars. That is absurd.
It is the Afghans, Iraqis and Libyans wars to win and Patreus and all of the others have stated so from the start to date.

Story continues below

I just had to revisit the OP to see how it related to Bush/Iraq.
Any discussion that attaches war to Obama always turns out the same way............"Boooooosh did it!"
wah-fuckin-wah

Obviously Congress should demand more information on this. They have the authority to demand this information. Lets hope they do their jobs.

Story continues below

S.O.P. It would be more surprising if this wasnt done with air combat operations in affect.

That’s my take on it.

Win these wars???
Every commander and General we have in the field from the go has stated WE will never win any of these wars. How can we win any of these wars? No one in the military claims we can win any of these wars. That is absurd.
It is the Afghans, Iraqis and Libyans wars to win and Patreus and all of the others have stated so from the start to date.

You lost me. Are you now saying that none of these Wars were really wars?

I'm against all 3 wars, was from the start... The best thing we could do is pull out of all of them asap. Trying to save face will not work, even if it did it wouldn't make it right.

You're right that it is the Afghan/Libyans/Iraq people’s war to fight and win. The difference it seems is I believe it's their war to win without the aid of America... With that the dictators in power should have not or still or ever receive America aid, as we have done.

You know.......if Egypt and Qatar are really serious about this, they should send advisors into eastern Libya to train up the rebels who have no background in military ops and let those that do fight on the front lines until the new ones get trained up.

Woudn't hurt to send several crates of AK-47's, ammo for the weapons and a couple of crates of pineapple fragmentation grenades. No RPG's or things like that though.

You know.......if Egypt and Qatar are really serious about this, they should send advisors into eastern Libya to train up the rebels who have no background in military ops and let those that do fight on the front lines until the new ones get trained up.

Woudn't hurt to send several crates of AK-47's, ammo for the weapons and a couple of crates of pineapple fragmentation grenades. No RPG's or things like that though.

You nailed it there, training is the biggest problem. Most of the rebels are civilians and have no kind of Military training whatsoever, just handing someone a crate of weapons doesn't really do much if hes not trained on how to use them.

Is that similar to the order Reagan signed selling missles to Iran to funnel cash to the Contras?

are we talking about Reagan? Do you see his name in the thread title moron?

By know you know that some people, when they have nothing good to say, simply try and point out the flaws of some republican! lol

It's not just some republican that was brought up it was the Pseudo-conservative hero and Grandfather, Ronnie Raygun! Yeah, how dare someone bring up the fact that a modern day Republican President may have done something simular or worse.

Iraq

Afghanistan

Libya

Try again stupid.

Speaking of which...

msnbc.com Video Player

Story continues below

But wait didn't Obama just accept a Transparency award..... in secret he's transparent he's the one! how dare you suggest he did this in secret as well

Iraq

Afghanistan

Libya

Try again stupid.

Speaking of which...

msnbc.com Video Player

So here is what I found so far, just a quote from Rand Pauls people... I will have to find out more before I defend Paul but this was with less than a few min of looking... Sooo, if this is true, what then? Bet you look for another dumbshit that attacks Rand without doing an ounce of homework...

The Paul staff told Free Man In Kentucky "There wasn't a vote. It was rushed through by Unanimous Consent, with no debate or discussion about what was in it. We didn't even get to see what it was, and Senator Paul never voted on it. Also, Senator Paul didn't even have a chance to object to it because the resolution--which is non-binding-- was in and out before he made it back to the floor."

Forum List

Back