Obama Signed Secret Libya Order Authorizing Support For Rebels

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing covert U.S. government support for rebel forces seeking to oust Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, government officials told Reuters on Wednesday.

(SCROLL DOWN FOR LIVE UPDATES)

Obama signed the order, known as a presidential "finding", within the last two or three weeks, according to four U.S. government sources familiar with the matter.

Such findings are a principal form of presidential directive used to authorize secret operations by the Central Intelligence Agency. The CIA and the White House declined immediate comment.

News that Obama had given the authorization surfaced as the President and other U.S. and allied officials spoke openly about the possibility of sending arms supplies to Gaddafi's opponents, who are fighting better-equipped government forces.

The United States is part of a coalition, with NATO members and some Arab states, which is conducting air strikes on Libyan government forces under a U.N. mandate aimed at protecting civilians opposing Gaddafi.
Story continues below

In interviews with American TV networks on Tuesday, Obama said the objective was for Gaddafi to "ultimately step down" from power. He spoke of applying "steady pressure, not only militarily but also through these other means" to force Gaddafi out.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing covert U.S. government support for rebel forces seeking to oust Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, government officials told Reuters on Wednesday.

Obama signed the order, known as a presidential "finding", within the last two or three weeks, according to four U.S. government sources familiar with the matter.

Such findings are a principal form of presidential directive used to authorize secret operations by the Central Intelligence Agency. The CIA and the White House declined immediate comment.

News that Obama had given the authorization surfaced as the President and other U.S. and allied officials spoke openly about the possibility of sending arms supplies to Gaddafi's opponents, who are fighting better-equipped government forces.

The United States is part of a coalition, with NATO members and some Arab states, which is conducting air strikes on Libyan government forces under a U.N. mandate aimed at protecting civilians opposing Gaddafi.
Story continues below

In interviews with American TV networks on Tuesday, Obama said the objective was for Gaddafi to "ultimately step down" from power. He spoke of applying "steady pressure, not only militarily but also through these other means" to force Gaddafi out.

Is that similar to the order Reagan signed selling missles to Iran to funnel cash to the Contras?

Story continues below

Is that similar to the order Reagan signed selling missles to Iran to funnel cash to the Contras?

are we talking about Reagan? Do you see his name in the thread title moron?

Story continues below

are we talking about Reagan? Do you see his name in the thread title moron?

By know you know that some people, when they have nothing good to say, simply try and point out the flaws of some republican! lol

Many years ago I played defensive end for a long time. I always knew when I had that 6'4" 290 lb offensive lineman beat.
They always started crying to the officials and calling names.
When a quitter knows they are defeated all they have left is lip.

Responsibility lies with Congress to get involved with this. This should be thoroughly investigated as to its Constitutionality. I guess we'll see what Congress does or doesn't do. Stay tuned.

I am not even sure why they outed this now unless they think its a fait accompli, to going to come out and soon anyway.

The cia I guess wheres wingtips , so he can indeed that there were no 'boots' on the ground.

It will be interesting to see if he had informed the senate and house select intelligence committees that he had let the cia go into Libya.

Last edited:
Many years ago I played defensive end for a long time. I always knew when I had that 6'4" 290 lb offensive lineman beat.

So you're saying "you're beat" because all you did was bring Reagan up as a way to talk shit or "give lip?"

You come in here, make an ass of yourself and then own yourself only a few posts later... Awesome.

There are 2 ways a human can get over even let’s say 240 pounds... 230 is pushing it. 1: get really fucking fat or 2: Steroids... So either you managed to outrun a giant fat ass or you're super human and achieved what less than .000001% of "natural" athletes managed to achieve since the introduction of steroids in sports. Either way, how does that have anything to do with you avoiding the fact that Obama is a War President on his very own terms?

So you're saying "you're beat" because all you did was bring Reagan up as a way to talk shit or "give lip?"

You come in here, make an ass of yourself and then own yourself only a few posts later... Awesome.

There are 2 ways a human can get over even let’s say 240 pounds... 230 is pushing it. 1: get really fucking fat or 2: Steroids... So either you managed to outrun a giant fat ass or you're super human and achieved what less than .000001% of "natural" athletes managed to achieve since the introduction of steroids in sports. Either way, how does that have anything to do with you avoiding the fact that Obama is a War President on his very own terms?

When someone sends me a private message and calls me foul names I respond in the open, not hide like they did.
"there are 2 ways a human can get over even let's say 240 pounds.... 230 is pushing it. 1:get really fucking fat or 2: Steroids..." :lol:
You are an idiot. I played with many that came as freshman from the country that were not fat, 6'4 and over 260 at age 19 before they were in the conditioning program.
Steroids were used by sprinters in the Olympics in the late 60s dude. So Olympic sprinters are fat?:lol::lol:
Now by the 80s, way past my days, weight lifters and football players were using them. It was a huge problem in the NFL.
But I played against and with many that got big from diet, strength coaches, whey solids and vitamins. I was born big.
Know your subject dude. You obviously know nothing about football. Talk about putting one's foot up their own ass.:razz:
What SEC school did you play for in the early 70s? No one I knew then took steroids. :lol:
At least you post all of your nonsense in the open and I give you credit for that.:clap2:
Obama a "war President"? :lol:

When someone sends me a private message and calls me foul names I respond in the open, not hide like they did.
"there are 2 ways a human can get over even let's say 240 pounds.... 230 is pushing it. 1:get really fucking fat or 2: Steroids..." :lol:
You are an idiot. I played with many that came as freshman from the country that were not fat, 6'4 and over 260 at age 19 before they were in the conditioning program.
Steroids were used by sprinters in the Olympics in the late 60s dude. So Olympic sprinters are fat?:lol::lol:
Now by the 80s, way past my days, weight lifters and football players were using them. It was a huge problem in the NFL.
But I played against and with many that got big from diet, strength coaches, whey solids and vitamins. I was born big.
Know your subject dude. You obviously know nothing about football. Talk about putting one's foot up their own ass.:razz:
What SEC school did you play for in the early 70s? No one I knew then took steroids. :lol:
At least you post all of your nonsense in the open and I give you credit for that.:clap2:

Well, the bodybuilding sports thing is off topic but you're a fucking moron going off your post. Who cares if sprinters took roids, I didn't say you HAD to be over 230... Shit Arnold was over 6 foot at 225 during his "prime" steroid use... So it sounds like you out ran a fat guy, like I said.

Now more on topic, I dare you to prove Obama is not a "war president."

Iraq

Afghanistan

Libya

There are my three examples of wars Obama has either not ended, expanded or started.

Last edited:

Well, the bodybuilding sports thing is off topic but you're a fucking moron going off your post. Who cares if sprinters took roids, I didn't say you HAD to be over 230... Shit Arnold was over 6 foot at 225 during his "prime" steroid use... So it sounds like you out ran a fat guy, like I said.

Now more on topic, I dare you to prove Obama is not a "war president."

Iraq

Afghanistan

Libya

There are my three examples of wars Obama has either not ended, expanded or started.

you got 1 out of 3 right.

I am not even sure why they outed this now unless they think its a fait accompli, to going to come out and soon anyway.

The cia I guess wheres wingtips , so he can indeed that there were no 'boots' on the ground.

It will be interesting to see if he had informed the senate and house select intelligence committees that he had let the cia go into Libya.
And where exactly did the article say anything about personal???????????
It said arms, money, training and propaganda.

I weight 250 lbs, I'm not fat at all, and I've never taken steroids. I don't even have that much muscle. I'm 6'6".

Boots are on the way:

Lejeune Marines prepare to deploy off Libyan coast | abc11.com

Twenty-two hundred Marines and sailors from Camp Lejeune are preparing to deploy off the coast of Libya in northern Africa. They said goodbye to their families Monday afternoon, and they'll be leaving in the days ahead.

Boots are on the way:

Lejeune Marines prepare to deploy off Libyan coast | abc11.com

Twenty-two hundred Marines and sailors from Camp Lejeune are preparing to deploy off the coast of Libya in northern Africa. They said goodbye to their families Monday afternoon, and they'll be leaving in the days ahead.
Off the coast is not on the ground, except to CON$, of course.

Forum List

Back