Obama sidesteps another question...Abortion

My point exactly. You saying, "anyone can make it", is living in a utopian world. Because not EVERYONE is going to make over $100K.

No, saying "anyone can make it" is a truth. Not EVERYONE is going to, but everyone CAN, if they want to. But they shouldn't expect the government to do it for them.

I laugh when you say that the GOP takes money from the poor to give to the rich, when it's the Democrats that raise taxes across the board.

However, I totally agree with you on one thing. America WAS better before Bush. I've never said it wasn't. But, I disagree with anyone who says McCain is just another Bush, and I disagree with anyone that trusts Barack Obama to fix the problems in this country. He has not the experience or the background to do such. He's simply an idealist who speaks rhetoric.

Thought it was a great quote.. above my paygrade.. lol.. seems that that answer is above the paygrade of all.. funny thing is listening to you idiots that didnt get it...

Thought it was a great quote.. above my paygrade.. lol.. seems that that answer is above the paygrade of all.. funny thing is listening to you idiots that didnt get it...

hey! i resemble that remark! :tongue:

what's not to get? it was a lame response.

It was a cop out to avoid answering a tough question. Par for the course for Obama.
Ok einstein, when do human rights begin?

Macs was the stupid answer... um... conception...

The real question I want answered is why didnt Mac say "WTF are you talking about" when asked about the cone of silence?

The real question I want answered is why didnt Mac say "WTF are you talking about" when asked about the cone of silence?

the answer that disqualifies anyone running for public office is this, "it's above my pay scale"

No mac's was a real answer based on his convictions, just because you do not agree you call it stupid. On the other hand Obama deflected instead of answering.

I tend to agree with Mac, life begins at conception. However I am willing to compromise, and allow abortions as long as they are not abused. to bad people like Obama are completely unwilling to compromise. They will allow no constrains on abortion. They want un fettered access to them up to the point of Birth, and no controls on how many times a women can have one.

Yet you think they are the ones being reasonable.

No mac's was a real answer based on his convictions, just because you do not agree you call it stupid. On the other hand Obama deflected instead of answering.

I tend to agree with Mac, life begins at conception. However I am willing to compromise, and allow abortions as long as they are not abused. to bad people like Obama are completely unwilling to compromise. They will allow no constrains on abortion. They want un fettered access to them up to the point of Birth, and no controls on how many times a women can have one.

Yet you think they are the ones being reasonable.

A few things here
  1. I tend to agree is not an answer to the question...
  2. Abortions are never abused. Dont even know how you could abuse abortions..
  3. Macs answer was pandering.. it was not thought out reflecting on the difficult nature of the question...
  4. Why do you think Obama is unwilling to comprimise. Infact, Obamas response shows that he is more willing to comprimise.
  5. Abortions up to the point of birth? This shows you are nothing more that a partisan prick. Nobody will sign on to abortion up to the point of birth. Your comment is stupid.
  6. No controls on the amount of abortions? Ok einstein, abortions are a pisspoor form of birthcontrol. They are costly, painfull and chances of getting pregnant again are substantially reduced.
  7. By your stupid comments here alone, I sure as hell would not want your voice entering the discussion between my wife and her doctor. WTF gives you the idea that you have that right.
That being said, when do you cats propose dressing women in burkas?

No, saying "anyone can make it" is a truth. Not EVERYONE is going to, but everyone CAN, if they want to. But they shouldn't expect the government to do it for them.

I laugh when you say that the GOP takes money from the poor to give to the rich, when it's the Democrats that raise taxes across the board.

However, I totally agree with you on one thing. America WAS better before Bush. I've never said it wasn't. But, I disagree with anyone who says McCain is just another Bush, and I disagree with anyone that trusts Barack Obama to fix the problems in this country. He has not the experience or the background to do such. He's simply an idealist who speaks rhetoric.

Reagan's own budget director said that Reagan's "tax cuts" were a "Trojan horse" to lower taxes for the rich.

Obama has the right ideas. Getting out of Iraq will save us $200 billion dollars a year. A single payer healthcare system will save us $200 billon more dollars a year, and American energy independence is the most important issue of all.

Are frozen embryos human beings?

Don't know how to tell you this, but some people who work those jobs that pay $10 an hour are content with the way things are. Of course the economy needs those people, probably more than it needs the rich.

But, no one has any right bitching about what they make. We all have the same opportunities to better ourselves.

In a utopian world, we all could make $100,000 a year doing what we love. This isn't a utopian world. And hey, guess what, it never will be.

So if McCain wins and Corporate America cuts everyone's pay another $5K so the CEO's of America can make even more, are you saying that none of us will have the right to bitch? Teachers make $5K less, Police, nurses, IT guys, salespeople, HR, shipping, truck drivers, waiters, finance department, accountants, archetects, ambulance drivers, you name it.

The company is always looking for ways to maximize profits. What's to stop them from cutting into our pay even more if we are stupid enough to vote in John McCain?

And your argument about people being happy making $10, and that we need them, is the best argument for why we need social security. Thanks.

I never said I wanted everyone to make $100K. You missed the point, again. Do you do that on purpose or are you close minded?

Just like you don't see why everyone should make $100K, I don't see why the ceo that made $5 million a year in 1999 has to now make $10million.

A lot less people now have the "opportunity" to better themselves under GOPanomics. Because now they make less and jobs are harder to find. Why can't you understand a bad economy is not good? You keep saying, "anyone can make it if they really want to". I agree. But under your approach, the masses get poorer and go further into debt. Why do the poor have to get poorer in order for the rich to get richer?

Basically, you think you are going to be the house slave. The house slave is the upper level of the slave community. You don't want anything to change because you have it good.

Forum List

Back