Obama sidesteps another question...Abortion

Obama also lied (or was convieniently clueless) about abotions going up during Bush's terms.

From the pro-choice Guttmacher Institute...
Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States

More stats...
Historical abortion statistics, United States

Fack Check debunked this foolishness when it was uttered in 2005
Abortions rising under Bush? Not true.
FactCheck.org: The Biography of a Bad Statistic

come on obama, show some balls and clearly state your positions. joking about it when it is a very important topic to many people is just stupid.

i think most americans would love honesty from their politicians

come on obama, show some balls and clearly state your positions. joking about it when it is a very important topic to many people is just stupid.

Honest? I think he tried. He said legally, abortion and gay rights should be ok. Your relgion says those two things are bad? That's your right. But keep your religion away from the rest of us. You are like the taliban. Trying to make this a Christian nation. Not if I have anything to say about it. I think the worst people on earth are the religion people. I don't mind.

He was saying what MOST people believe unless they're spouting religious dogma, which is it isn't there place to say when a fetus becomes a child.... which is why the issue should be left up to the individual.

And for those pathetic souls who will now say: "and if you belived it was morally ok to [insert heinous act here], pretty pathetic....

just keep your religious determinations away from my body....

Honest? I think he tried. He said legally, abortion and gay rights should be ok. Your relgion says those two things are bad? That's your right. But keep your religion away from the rest of us. You are like the taliban. Trying to make this a Christian nation. Not if I have anything to say about it. I think the worst people on earth are the religion people. I don't mind.

im not very religious, and i am pro choice. my problem is that he made a joke about an issue which many people find very important. is that really what a president should do? for me, obama has been a major disappointment.

the taliban? youre reaching, bobo.

im not very religious, and i am pro choice. my problem is that he made a joke about an issue which many people find very important. is that really what a president should do? for me, obama has been a major disappointment.

How about McCain's bomb bomb bomb Iran joke? How about his joke that we export cigarettes to Iran and that's how we are killing them?

Not very presidential at all.

And how Bush's antics for 8 years? Presidential? I think not.

So for you to suggest Obama is the one acting unpresidential? You are reaching SARA.

Abortion an important issue to "many people" :rofl:

Good one!

The people to whom this issue is "important," no matter how many or on which side, already made up their mind about which party they'll be voting for even before the nominees were known. There are absolutely no votes to be won or lost on this one.

Last edited:
Abortion an important issue to "many people" :rofl:

Good one!

The people to whom this issue is "important," no matter how many or on which side, already made up their mind about which party they'll be voting for even before the nominees were known. There are absolutely no votes to be won or lost on this one.

Dudley's disenchantment with the GOP isn't unique among young, devoutly Christian voters. According to a September 2007 survey by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, 15 percent of white evangelicals between 18 and 29, a group traditionally a shoo-in for the GOP, say they no longer identify with the Republican Party. Older evangelicals are also questioning their traditional allegiance, but not at the same rate.

Politics | Young, evangelical ... for Obama? | Seattle Times Newspaper

WRONG! This is another demographic that is up for grabs. Same with the military vote. The GOP should not think that any group/state is a shoe in for them this year. Not after the last 8 years. No way.

How about McCain's bomb bomb bomb Iran joke? How about his joke that we export cigarettes to Iran and that's how we are killing them?

Not very presidential at all.

And how Bush's antics for 8 years? Presidential? I think not.

So for you to suggest Obama is the one acting unpresidential? You are reaching SARA.

did i say i didnt have a problem with those? damn bobo, after all ive said on these boards do you think im a republican? get your head out of your ass and realize one comment doesnt show my opinion on every issue

He was saying what MOST people believe unless they're spouting religious dogma, which is it isn't there place to say when a fetus becomes a child.... which is why the issue should be left up to the individual.

And for those pathetic souls who will now say: "and if you belived it was morally ok to [insert heinous act here], pretty pathetic....

just keep your religious determinations away from my body....

so why didnt he say that? as i already said, im pro choice. i want people to decide for themselves. the problem i have is with the stupid joke.

You need to stop listening to the corporate media. I'm scared too, because I see how hard the main stream media is working for McCain too.

Obama didn't lose the debate. Where is all the talk about how much better McCain did?

In fact, the talk today is about how prepared McCain was for every question at the debate. Almost as if he was listening to Obama's answers while he was sitting in his limo.

They weren't told what the exact questions would be. Only McCain had that much prior knowledge.

And they went off topic and ambushed Obama with right wing talking points.

I didn't even see it, but I'm not noticing much bragging on the GOP's part, so Obama clearly survived it.

How you can be disappointed with Obama is beyond me.

Do you not like blacks or possible muslims? Be honest.

Otherwise, I would chalk it up to nerves. When I rushed a fraternaty, on hell night, my other pledge brothers were SURE we were all getting blackballed the night of initiation. Can you imagine? They tortured us for 2 months and then they're gonna kick us out? Rediculous. But they were soooo nervous. It think you are just nervous and buying into every GAFFE the GOP says Obama made. He made NO Gaffes. They are spinning and lying about everything that comes out of his mouth. Ignore EVERYTHING you hear from the right wingers on these boards. Go check their facts. Always wonder, "what are they leaving out of this story". And you almost always find that they are full of shit.

I would have to hear Obama's laugh, but I'm sick of people deciding over his laugh or Kerry seems like an elitist or Dean went YEAAAA!!! in a speech. How easy is it to tear someone down? Gore was feminine, so fucking what? He would have been 10 times the leader GW was. If you don't agree with that, then you are voting for McCain no matter what i say.

You need to stop listening to the corporate media. I'm scared too, because I see how hard the main stream media is working for McCain too.

Obama didn't lose the debate. Where is all the talk about how much better McCain did?

In fact, the talk today is about how prepared McCain was for every question at the debate. Almost as if he was listening to Obama's answers while he was sitting in his limo.

They weren't told what the exact questions would be. Only McCain had that much prior knowledge.

And they went off topic and ambushed Obama with right wing talking points.

I didn't even see it, but I'm not noticing much bragging on the GOP's part, so Obama clearly survived it.

How you can be disappointed with Obama is beyond me.

Do you not like blacks or possible muslims? Be honest.

Otherwise, I would chalk it up to nerves. When I rushed a fraternaty, on hell night, my other pledge brothers were SURE we were all getting blackballed the night of initiation. Can you imagine? They tortured us for 2 months and then they're gonna kick us out? Rediculous. But they were soooo nervous. It think you are just nervous and buying into every GAFFE the GOP says Obama made. He made NO Gaffes. They are spinning and lying about everything that comes out of his mouth. Ignore EVERYTHING you hear from the right wingers on these boards. Go check their facts. Always wonder, "what are they leaving out of this story". And you almost always find that they are full of shit.

I would have to hear Obama's laugh, but I'm sick of people deciding over his laugh or Kerry seems like an elitist or Dean went YEAAAA!!! in a speech. How easy is it to tear someone down? Gore was feminine, so fucking what? He would have been 10 times the leader GW was. If you don't agree with that, then you are voting for McCain no matter what i say.

youre accusing me of being a right wing racist because i said im disappointed in obama? ive been following his career longer than you have, i can guarantee you that. why? because i lived in kenya for 5 years, and an american politican with a kenyan father was intriguing to me. you want to know why im disappointed? because he wont clearly define all his views. he has said almost nothing about fiscal responsibility or the national debt. he has acted weak when dealing with hillary. he has labelled himself as a new kind of politician, but he has acted like all the others. but i guess him not being the kind of politician i thought he would be isnt enough reason for me to be disappointed.

and as far as ive heard, there is NO PROOF that mccain knew the questions ahead of time. but can you enlighten me of all this evidence?

and the only 'news' i watch is the daily show and colbert report, but even then i only catch a couple shows a week.

im still undecided. you'd think a staunch obama supporter would be trying to secure my vote, especially since i live in PA. but instead you insult me without knowing much about me. great tactic there bobo. im sure obama is glad to have you as a supporter

I love how bobo the clown is attacking his own side. And leftists usually accuse right wingers of eating their own.

Bobo, you haven't seen the debate, but you claim you know Obama didn't lose? But, if Obama did lose, it must be only because McCain cheated.

You're a fucking loon.

I love how bobo the clown is attacking his own side. And leftists usually accuse right wingers of eating their own.

Bobo, you haven't seen the debate, but you claim you know Obama didn't lose? But, if Obama did lose, it must be only because McCain cheated.

You're a fucking loon.

well, im not a dem. i'm an independent. i realize both parties have major faults. but i guess in bobo's eyes anyone who doesnt have obama wetdreams is a racist conservative. for that i want to :slap:

Independent is the only way to go. Partisan voters just piss me off.

I'm a moderate leaning left. But Obama's way too far left for me.

Last edited:
Dudley's disenchantment with the GOP isn't unique among young, devoutly Christian voters. According to a September 2007 survey by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, 15 percent of white evangelicals between 18 and 29, a group traditionally a shoo-in for the GOP, say they no longer identify with the Republican Party. Older evangelicals are also questioning their traditional allegiance, but not at the same rate.

Politics | Young, evangelical ... for Obama? | Seattle Times Newspaper

WRONG! This is another demographic that is up for grabs. Same with the military vote. The GOP should not think that any group/state is a shoe in for them this year. Not after the last 8 years. No way.

not only is this true, but Obama is going to win the military vote this year too. He got the most money from the military. That should tell you something. So if it comes back that McCain won the military vote, expect is a a lie and the election has been stolen again.

The widening gap between rich and poor is a very serious topic, wouldn't you say? The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. Is that something to joke about?

This from when they asked McCain what he considers rich:

McCain took a far more discursive approach to answering the question but ultimately settled on a dramatically higher figure: "I think if you're just talking about income, how about $5 million?"

The Arizona Republican quickly added that he was "sure that comment will be distorted," and his campaign said Sunday that he was joking.

Yet the $5-million level, Smith said, includes "almost nobody." Experts said that of all the households in the nation, fewer than one-tenth of 1% had an annual income of $5 million or more.

Forum List

Back