Obama should start flying commercial

He's the president fucktard. What's wrong with you morons? Seriously? The US is not a company and he is not a CEO.

That's right, if he were a CEO he'd have a job that adds to the economy instead of a job that spends over 20% of our GDP and produces no economic value. It's more important for those that create economic value to fly in jets and grow the economy then for someone who produces nothing to.

My point...again...is that Obama chose this to attack private business, he made it an issue. Yet he flies in a personal jet all the time. I am not seriously saying he shouldn't do that, I'm saying he's a hypocrite.

Explain how Wall Street adds value.

The US Presidency is not just one man. It's an institution, one that is held in the highest regard among institutions worldwide. He's not gonna ride in a rickshaw because some dopey malcontent called "Kaz" has decided he doesn't like him.

I agree. It is ridiculous to think that our President - no matter what party - should not be afforded the security, and prestige of AF1. We are America, for God's sake!

Some people just don't think. It's sad, but true.

That wasn't my point, bubblehead. If you disagree with my point, that's fine. But argue my actual point, which is not that he seriously should not fly on air force one but that he flies on air force one then knocks business for flying in jets. Does the word "hypocrisy" mean anything to you, or are there too many letters in that for a blonde?

This particular thing, yea, I get. I get the whole 'corporate jet' thing far, far, far better than most posters would realize.... but... fact remains, whether Obama is a fucking idiot or not, he's the President, he gets the benefit of using AF1.

Is he a hypocrite for using it and slamming the 'corporate jet' guys - yes.

I quite like it when he makes these asinine statements. I figure there are some liberals out there who shake their heads slowly and wonder why the fuck they voted for such a plank.

So Obama says that corporate jets aren't a legitimate business expense for execs of multinational companies. Well, he's a servant of the people of the United States. He's not only not just writing off his jets, but we're directly paying for it.

So Obama, walk the walk. If international CEOs who actually create our economy and work for a profit can't deduct jets, how can a "servant of the people" actually make the people PAY for their jet. They can't. Buy a ticket. Even if you buy tickets for half the plan to be secret service, it's still a lot cheaper for your customers then paying for your personal 747.

This is actually a valid complaint.

Not that I think this or any POTUS can use commercial flights to get around, but when one is kvetching about corporate jets, this complain does have some gravitas.

Anyone who's ever been in a nearby area to the president is all too familiar with the hassle of security, which is needed but often causes headaches for regular Americans just trying to go about their day to day stuff. What comes to mind for me is sitting in stopped, parked, traffic on the Kennedy Expressway in Chicago for 45 minutes or so because the president's motorcade would have exclusive use of several miles of its lanes, in both directions.

Please, let him keep his plane.

No, it's not a perk. Maybe a perk for the airports that would have to shut down and fly him solo because you don't just drop the leader of the greatest (arguably) country in the free world on an airplane full of people.

So Obama says that corporate jets aren't a legitimate business expense for execs of multinational companies. Well, he's a servant of the people of the United States. He's not only not just writing off his jets, but we're directly paying for it.

So Obama, walk the walk. If international CEOs who actually create our economy and work for a profit can't deduct jets, how can a "servant of the people" actually make the people PAY for their jet. They can't. Buy a ticket. Even if you buy tickets for half the plan to be secret service, it's still a lot cheaper for your customers then paying for your personal 747.

Yeah..that makes a lot of sense. The leader of the free world and person responsible for the death of the most vile leader of the most vile organization on commercial jets.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tTDiZZYCAs]‪Gabrielle Giffords warns Sarah Palin there will be consequences.‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Sorta like putting gun sites on Democrats..right?

You guys are rich.

Yeah..that makes a lot of sense. The leader of the free world and person responsible for the death of the most vile leader of the most vile organization on commercial jets

Agreed. Any point on the actual discussion that someone who has a personal jet actually paid for by taxpayers knocking CEOs who have personal jets which aren't paid for by taxpayers, only deducted as business expenses, is a hypocrite?

Forum List

Back