Obama should start flying commercial

Dubya got Sodomy's pistol. I wonder Obama got this ?

Attachments

• $osamacarpet.jpg
    $osamacarpet.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 63
So Obama says that corporate jets aren't a legitimate business expense for execs of multinational companies. Well, he's a servant of the people of the United States. He's not only not just writing off his jets, but we're directly paying for it.

So Obama, walk the walk. If international CEOs who actually create our economy and work for a profit can't deduct jets, how can a "servant of the people" actually make the people PAY for their jet. They can't. Buy a ticket. Even if you buy tickets for half the plan to be secret service, it's still a lot cheaper for your customers then paying for your personal 747.

Dude- Shut up.

How does it make sense it's not a legitimate business expense for business executives to own jets, they can't just deduct jets as a business expense, but it does make sense for a servant of the people to make them actually pay for his jets? Explain.

Are you purposely lying or are you just plain stupid?

The proposal is this: Commercial airlines write off their jets over a 7 year period. Corporations write off their jets over a 5 year period. He merely proposed that both use the 7 year period.

I'm going to neg you because I'm convinced that you're lying.

So Obama says that corporate jets aren't a legitimate business expense for execs of multinational companies. Well, he's a servant of the people of the United States. He's not only not just writing off his jets, but we're directly paying for it.

So Obama, walk the walk. If international CEOs who actually create our economy and work for a profit can't deduct jets, how can a "servant of the people" actually make the people PAY for their jet. They can't. Buy a ticket. Even if you buy tickets for half the plan to be secret service, it's still a lot cheaper for your customers then paying for your personal 747.

Oh please.... can you just stop the stupid?

He's our President. If you think we achieve anything by saving a few bucks and making ourselves look like a fucking third world nation, you really are not smart enough to vote. Do us a favor. Stay home on election day.

Interesting article from June 30th:

Obama for Corporate Jet Tax Break Before He Was Against It | CNSnews.com

President Barack Obama signed two bills granting special tax breaks for corporate jet purchasers before making corporate jets a key target in populist rhetoric during Wednesday’s news conference.

Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, better known as the stimulus act, in February 2009. In September 2010, Obama signed H.R. 5927, the Small Business Lending Fund Act. Both pieces of legislation included tax breaks to help businesses buy their own planes.

This is in stark contrast to what the president said Wednesday. Obama mentioned corporate jet owners six times as the target for needed tax hikes.

There is no way adequate security could be provided for the president on a commercial flight. Your premise is asinine.

Obama has been one of the most disgusting Presidents for playing CLASSWARFARE to get his AGENDA.

And from the polls, the people are sick of it too.

Ill give him a pass for airforce one...He is the president and deserves it.

Now his wife and kids (when not with him)... congress and the like.... sorry. They should all have to fly commercial.

We should have delta contracting bombing runs in Afganistan too?

You may say wtf? but Obama is the military commander and chief of the US military.

OK, the point is that OBAMA said that companies should not be able to write off their jets. Yet he has one. That is the point. Address his hypocrisy. That is the point. I'm not seriously suggesting that he not fly a jet, I'm saying wtf to his hypocrisy. They drive the economy forward, he drives it into the ground. I'd rather they have jets then him, at least we'd have jobs.

Repeat after me. Obama made this an issue in his budget. That he flies commercial is ridiculous. That execs from big companies on business fly commercial is just as ridiculous. Why does he get a pass?

The US Presidency is not just one man. It's an institution, one that is held in the highest regard among institutions worldwide. He's not gonna ride in a rickshaw because some dopey malcontent called "Kaz" has decided he doesn't like him.

Obama has been one of the most disgusting Presidents for playing CLASSWARFARE to get his AGENDA.

And from the polls, the people are sick of it too.

Actually, it's the baggercon party playing class warfare, but you'll never admit it, will you, sheeple? Baaaaaaaaaaa.

You may say wtf? but Obama is the military commander and chief of the US military.

OK, the point is that OBAMA said that companies should not be able to write off their jets. Yet he has one. That is the point. Address his hypocrisy. That is the point. I'm not seriously suggesting that he not fly a jet, I'm saying wtf to his hypocrisy. They drive the economy forward, he drives it into the ground. I'd rather they have jets then him, at least we'd have jobs.

Repeat after me. Obama made this an issue in his budget. That he flies commercial is ridiculous. That execs from big companies on business fly commercial is just as ridiculous. Why does he get a pass?

The US Presidency is not just one man. It's an institution, one that is held in the highest regard among institutions worldwide. He's not gonna ride in a rickshaw because some dopey malcontent called "Kaz" has decided he doesn't like him.

Bravo!:clap2::clap2:

I agree. It is ridiculous to think that our President - no matter what party - should not be afforded the security, and prestige of AF1. We are America, for God's sake!

Some people just don't think. It's sad, but true.

OK bitch, anyone who reads your post without political bias would recognize what a flaming hypocrite you are because obviously the standard you set for me in this post is one you would never set for yourself or anyone else you agree with. That is unless you're telling me that you never state your view about any politician or political figure unless you think they are going to do what you say, the standard you set for me. What a whack job.

BTW, I don't state my view for anyone but myself. It's my view, that's what I'm stating. I don't have neither the need for others to validate my views by agreeing with them nor the desire for anyone else to accept them without them making sense to them. No one should do anything with my or anyone else's view but but consider it.

I agree. It is ridiculous to think that our President - no matter what party - should not be afforded the security, and prestige of AF1. We are America, for God's sake!

Some people just don't think. It's sad, but true.

That wasn't my point, bubblehead. If you disagree with my point, that's fine. But argue my actual point, which is not that he seriously should not fly on air force one but that he flies on air force one then knocks business for flying in jets. Does the word "hypocrisy" mean anything to you, or are there too many letters in that for a blonde?

He's the president fucktard. What's wrong with you morons? Seriously? The US is not a company and he is not a CEO.

God, how did the right wing corral all these morons? International CEOs who create our economy? No wonder the right wing hates education. Clearly, for them, it didn't "stick".

The proposal is this: Commercial airlines write off their jets over a 7 year period. Corporations write off their jets over a 5 year period. He merely proposed that both use the 7 year period.

I'll give you that I wasn't very precise, but clearly he's using it as a class warfare attack. Are you stupid or you don't get that? There's almost no money involved in moving small jets from a five year to seven year depreciation schedule. The full amount should be appreciable in the first year anyway, the whole write off over years is crap when the money is spent in one. It would be a boon for jobs if companies didn't have to take years to write of an expenditure this year and as you may know we have trillions sitting on the sidelines.

I'm giving you a neg for being a word parsing nit picking ass who doesn't address the actual point.

Last edited:

There is no way adequate security could be provided for the president on a commercial flight. Your premise is asinine.

Wow, that's true. Good thing that wasn't my actual point.

OK bitch, anyone who reads your post without political bias would recognize what a flaming hypocrite you are because obviously the standard you set for me in this post is one you would never set for yourself or anyone else you agree with. That is unless you're telling me that you never state your view about any politician or political figure unless you think they are going to do what you say, the standard you set for me. What a whack job.

BTW, I don't state my view for anyone but myself. It's my view, that's what I'm stating. I don't have neither the need for others to validate my views by agreeing with them nor the desire for anyone else to accept them without them making sense to them. No one should do anything with my or anyone else's view but but consider it.

Your views are stupid. Not my fault. :thup:

He's the president fucktard. What's wrong with you morons? Seriously? The US is not a company and he is not a CEO.

That's right, if he were a CEO he'd have a job that adds to the economy instead of a job that spends over 20% of our GDP and produces no economic value. It's more important for those that create economic value to fly in jets and grow the economy then for someone who produces nothing to.

My point...again...is that Obama chose this to attack private business, he made it an issue. Yet he flies in a personal jet all the time. I am not seriously saying he shouldn't do that, I'm saying he's a hypocrite.

That's right, if he were a CEO he'd have a job that adds to the economy instead of a job that spends over 20% of our GDP and produces no economic value. It's more important for those that create economic value to fly in jets and grow the economy then for someone who produces nothing to.

My point...again...is that Obama chose this to attack private business, he made it an issue. Yet he flies in a personal jet all the time. I am not seriously saying he shouldn't do that, I'm saying he's a hypocrite.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'll give you that I wasn't very precise, but clearly he's using it as a class warfare attack. Are you stupid or you don't get that? There's almost no money involved in moving small jets from a five year to seven year depreciation schedule. The full amount should be appreciable in the first year anyway, the whole write off over years is crap when the money is spent in one. It would be a boon for jobs if companies didn't have to take years to write of an expenditure this year and as you may know we have trillions sitting on the sidelines.

I'm giving you a neg for being a word parsing nit picking ass who doesn't address the actual point.

Then why don't you say that instead of lying about what he said?

I agree with you that a business should be able to write off their expense when they are incurred. But what you are advocating is that corporations be given special treatment when in reality they neither deserve it or need it.

Forum List

Back