Obama should speak out against "have to be employed" edict

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. That is such BS. Many of the people that are unemployed or underemployed are recent college graduates without real world experience, older workers near retirement, or people who didn't have seniority and were at the bottom of the seniority list.

It sucks that it happens but it does. I get more interest by employers while employed than unemployed.

They are just honest about it now. That is how it HAS ALWAYS BEEN. They are just trying to save paper costs for all those applications they have been shredding since time immemorial

It's a private business. It's their right to hire who ever the hell they want.

So what if they hired an already employed person? It means that job will then come open.

But do you know WHY they are doing this? Because if that person is already employed, then that person must have been a good employee as his company didn't lay him off. Evidence of a good employee means more opportunity.

See fellas, THIS is what I meant by we don't need unions. Without unions, you can bargain individually on your own merit, and ONLY on your own merit. Companies will attempt to contact you because you are a talented employee. And when your current company realized you (their talented employee) may be leaving, they'll offer you a deal to stay. WITHOUT unions. Thats how the world works. Companies wanna keep good employees, because good employees help them make money.

So to all you "good" employees out there who weren't laid off, good luck, you have some new opportunities.

Now, waiting for librerals to be outraged because they think I'm saying all employees who were laid off are "bad" employees.

They are just honest about it now. That is how it HAS ALWAYS BEEN. They are just trying to save paper costs for all those applications they have been shredding since time immemorial

Yup. It's always easier to find a job when one already has one. When I see McDonald's perpetually hiring and an interviewee says that they haven't been able to find a job in 6 months I call bullshit.

If you were an employer, had a job opening in your business, and had two people apply for the job. One has been unemployed for two years and the other is still working. Who would you hire? The question answers itself.

If you were an employer, had a job opening in your business, and had two people apply for the job. One has been unemployed for two years and the other is still working. Who would you hire? The question answers itself.

Did the guy who was unemployed for two years sell pot? If so, then I may have to go with him depending on the quality. As a business owner, I am always looking to diversify my portfolio and the marijuana industry is up for grabs. After all, have you seen the shit going on in Mexico. It's hard to worry about quality pot when you have a Tijuana death squad looking for your head.

before you will be considered for a job

WTF is that?

It's these fucking newfangled presidents these days.

No one beats a good martin van buren, or a william henry harrison. Those were the DAYS!

So what if they hired an already employed person? It means that job will then come open.

But do you know WHY they are doing this? Because if that person is already employed, then that person must have been a good employee as his company didn't lay him off. Evidence of a good employee means more opportunity.

See fellas, THIS is what I meant by we don't need unions. Without unions, you can bargain individually on your own merit, and ONLY on your own merit. Companies will attempt to contact you because you are a talented employee. And when your current company realized you (their talented employee) may be leaving, they'll offer you a deal to stay. WITHOUT unions. Thats how the world works. Companies wanna keep good employees, because good employees help them make money.

So to all you "good" employees out there who weren't laid off, good luck, you have some new opportunities.

Now, waiting for librerals to be outraged because they think I'm saying all employees who were laid off are "bad" employees.

You DO know, I hope, that union membership among all American workers is small by comparison: Only 11.9%. To hear some of you, everyone who works is represented by one of the evil unions.

You DO know, I hope, that union membership among all American workers is small by comparison: Only 11.9%. To hear some of you, everyone who works is represented by one of the evil unions.

Actually, the reverse is true. Unions and their cheerleaders say "American workers" when in reality they are only talking about union workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back