Obama set's back Iran's nuclear program by years

The Yongbyon complex is at the heart of the North's plutonium weapons program. It consists of a five-megawatt reactor, whose construction began in 1980, a fuel fabrication facility and a plutonium reprocessing plant, where weapons-grade material is extracted from spent fuel rods. The site about 100 km (60 miles) north of Pyongyang also contains a 50-megawatt reactor whose construction was suspended under a 1994 nuclear deal with the United States.

Factbox: A look at North Korea's nuclear arms program | Reuters

Clinton was president in 1980? Construction was SUSPENDED in 1994. Who was president in 1994?

Oops.

Clinton was president in 1980? Construction was SUSPENDED in 1994

Carter was president in 1980
According toi clinton he had N. Korea under control but as soon as Bush became President word got out just how advance N korea had advance it's nuclear program while clinton was president. Meaning you're a fool

Carter was president in 1980 until the end of the year. Then we had eight years of Reagan. What did he do? Oops.
wrong again, dipshit
Carter was POTUS for ALL of 1980
Reagan didnt take office till Jan 20th 1981

Why on earth are you detracting from who is really responsible. We all know none of this was possible without Al Gore. He invented the Internet. He deserves all the credit.

Stuxnet A U.S.-Israeli Joint Effort?

The worm itself now appears to have included two major components. One was designed to send Iran’s nuclear centrifuges spinning wildly out of control. Another seems right out of the movies: The computer program also secretly recorded what normal operations at the nuclear plant looked like, then played those readings back to plant operators, like a pre-recorded security tape in a bank heist, so that it would appear that everything was operating normally while the centrifuges were actually tearing themselves apart.

President Obama, first briefed on the program even before taking office, sped it up, according to officials familiar with the administration’s Iran strategy.

stuxnet-b-570x412.jpg

So glad Republicans left this for Obama to do. Could you imagine leaving technological warfare in the hands of Republicans? A political party that doesn't believe in science? A party that sends our technology to China?

RDeanie-Weenie,

The Central Point, which an Obamarrhoidal LibTURD would OBVIOUSLY try to do is to belittle, and/or obfuscate Bush's genius (which you attempted to do in the last pararagraph of your post, smearing the Republicans in the process).

However, the bumbling idiot that you are, you accomplished the very OPPOSITE !!! And, I quote you:

"President Obama, first briefed on the program (Iran's Nuclear Sabotage Program....my insert) even before taking office........

IN OTHER WORDS, FOOL, YOU ARE INADVERTENTLY POINTING OUT THAT THIS BRILLIANT UNDERTAKING OF SABOTAGING IRAN'S NUCLEAR PROGRAM WAS STARTED BY BUSH....and that your EXPOSED LIE that Bush and the Republicans are essentially ignorant about science, and the uses of it.... explodes in your face triggered by YOUR very own words !!!

Obami Salami is just trying to complete Bush's brilliant work , and as usual, take credit for it !!!

TO BUSH: :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::.....TO BUSH !!!

Last edited:
The Yongbyon complex is at the heart of the North's plutonium weapons program. It consists of a five-megawatt reactor, whose construction began in 1980, a fuel fabrication facility and a plutonium reprocessing plant, where weapons-grade material is extracted from spent fuel rods. The site about 100 km (60 miles) north of Pyongyang also contains a 50-megawatt reactor whose construction was suspended under a 1994 nuclear deal with the United States.

Factbox: A look at North Korea's nuclear arms program | Reuters

Clinton was president in 1980? Construction was SUSPENDED in 1994. Who was president in 1994?

Oops.

Clinton was president in 1980? Construction was SUSPENDED in 1994

Carter was president in 1980
According toi clinton he had N. Korea under control but as soon as Bush became President word got out just how advance N korea had advance it's nuclear program while clinton was president. Meaning you're a fool

Carter was president in 1980 until the end of the year. Then we had eight years of Reagan. What did he do? Oops.

Carter was President for all of 1980, and until Jan. 21 1981. You really like spreading false flags and assumptions don't you?

Obama made sure the world knew seconds after he paid a visit to the the congresswoman that she could see again.He can probably walk on water as well but why bother with the little stuff.Besides that's already been done.He's off to bigger and better things.

His next miracle will be to get Limbaugh and Hannity off the air because they question his divine powers.

Thats a scarey thought. Let's not venture down that road, because someone with divine powers was killed, and we know the rest of that story.

In other words, this script was being built and the operation that got it to into the Iranian computer was in the process for years, Obama comes along, lays his hands on the script and made it good and therefore deserves all credit for what have been in progress for who knows how long.

Nothing happened under Bush at all, but when when Obama comes and gives his blessing, all the scripts come together happily under his guidance?

Stuxnet seems to have been a tremendous effort of really brainy people for a long time.

If Obama has any sense at all, he would find this thread embarrassing.
Baruch Menachem you need to face reality about Obama's extraordinary powers.

Look, last week just his presence brought a congress woman out of her coma.

And this week people in mass devotion to his ideas over turned their government in Tunisia.

I can hardly wait until next week to see his newest miracle to help mankind will be!! :cool:

Phoni-Baloni-Sunni,

OMG !!!!

YOU ARE FUCKING DELUSIONAL !!!!!

Why on earth are you detracting from who is really responsible. We all know none of this was possible without Al Gore. He invented the Internet. He deserves all the credit.

Do you get all your facts from paraphrasing pundits?

snopes.com: Al Gore Invented the Internet

Here's Al

"I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

So who was it that took "I took the initiative in creating the Internet." to mean "I invented the internet"? Why does the myth persist?

Here's Al

"I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

So who was it that took "I took the initiative in creating the Internet." to mean "I invented the internet"? Why does the myth persist?

It doesn't. No one truly thought that AL Gore meant he invented the internet. It was a statement that was made by a politician that many of us played with for laughs.

No one truly believed that Obama thought there were 57 states either. But THAT line will live with him forever as well.

What is wrong with political humor?

Interesting read from the NYTs.

As to credit. Congrats to both the Bush White house and the Obama White House.

"The project’s political origins can be found in the last months of the Bush administration. In January 2009, The New York Times reported that Mr. Bush authorized a covert program to undermine the electrical and computer systems around Natanz, Iran’s major enrichment center. President Obama, first briefed on the program even before taking office, sped it up, according to officials familiar with the administration’s Iran strategy. So did the Israelis, other officials said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/world/middleeast/16stuxnet.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1

Hey I got an idea! NUKE IRAN. That will solve all the problems. Git in, nuke 'em and git out.

This way we won't have to put up with their bullshit nonsenese indimidation tactics. They are underestimating the power of AMERICA!

Here's Al

It doesn't. No one truly thought that AL Gore meant he invented the internet. It was a statement that was made by a politician that many of us played with for laughs.

No one truly believed that Obama thought there were 57 states either. But THAT line will live with him forever as well.

But Obama did actually mistakenly say 57 states. Gore did not say he invented the internet. A pundant turned the word create and turned it into invent. It's an often repeated lie that many people believe. Some I suspect chose to believe it even though they know it's a lie.

Here's Al

But Obama did actually mistakenly say 57 states. Gore did not say he invented the internet. A pundant turned the word create and turned it into invent. It's an often repeated lie that many people believe. Some I suspect chose to believe it even though they know it's a lie.

Because "I took the initiative in creating the Internet" can easily be spun into "I invented the internet"...

And the truth is, you dont even need to spin "I took the initiative in creating the Internet"....the words alone IN THAT ORDER can easily mean that he is taking claim to inventing the interent.

Because "I took the initiative in creating the Internet" can easily be spun into "I invented the internet"...

And the truth is, you dont even need to spin "I took the initiative in creating the Internet"....the words alone IN THAT ORDER can easily mean that he is taking claim to inventing the interent.

The snopes article explains the difference between create and invent. And in fact he did sponsor the legislation that helped create the internet we know.

Al Gore did take the initiative in creating the internet.

He worked in the congress to pave the way for its success.

he was right.

Gore can not help that people want to misunderstand what he said on purpose to score political points.

"President Obama, first briefed on the program even before taking office..."

Obama started the program while Bush was President? Really? Yeah?

Rdean how many Xboxes were employed in this undertaking?

Here's Al

How is it a myth when you just quoted him stating that he created the Internet?

Seriously, if you are going to claim something is a myth, it helps if you don't quote him saying spedifically that.

Fukkin Brilliant!

Yesterday obama got credit for the revolution in tunisia going the peoples way.

And today he sets Iran back to the dork ages.

Tomorrow?

The end to world hunger and a cure for pee shivers.

Stuxnet A U.S.-Israeli Joint Effort?

The worm itself now appears to have included two major components. One was designed to send Iran’s nuclear centrifuges spinning wildly out of control. Another seems right out of the movies: The computer program also secretly recorded what normal operations at the nuclear plant looked like, then played those readings back to plant operators, like a pre-recorded security tape in a bank heist, so that it would appear that everything was operating normally while the centrifuges were actually tearing themselves apart.

President Obama, first briefed on the program even before taking office, sped it up, according to officials familiar with the administration’s Iran strategy.

stuxnet-b-570x412.jpg

So glad Republicans left this for Obama to do. Could you imagine leaving technological warfare in the hands of Republicans? A political party that doesn't believe in science? A party that sends our technology to China?

Lets assume this story is true, and we have destroyed some of Irans property.

We have not declared war on Iran, therefore we can not legally destroy thier property.

It's a war crime.

Obama is a war mongering war criminal.

Whatcha say lefties?

Iran denies Stuxnet disrupted its nuclear programme

Iran has denied that the Stuxnet virus has caused any delays in its nuclear power programme.

It issued the denials following speculation from a former UN nuclear inspector that Stuxnet had managed to damage key equipment.

But Iran said it had caught Stuxnet before it managed to reach its intended target - controllers for centrifuges.

The country accused the West of trying to sabotage what it called its "peaceful" nuclear power plans.

The denial came from Iranian Vice President Ali Akbar Salehi who oversees the country's nuclear project.

"From more than a year ago, Westerners tried to implant the virus into our nuclear facilities in order to disrupt our activities but our young scientists stopped the virus at the very same spot they wanted to penetrate," he said in comments reported on an Iranian state television website.

Stuxnet is the first malicious program that targets key parts of industrial plants. Analysis by security firm Symantec suggest that Stuxnet was intended to wreck the centrifuges used to concentrate uranium - a key part of the nuclear power generation process.

Reports suggest that Iran has taken thousands of centrifuges offline in recent months and its nuclear programme is known to have suffered significant delays.

Earlier this week, three senior diplomats from member countries of the UN's International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) confirmed that Iran had had to power down its centrifuges.

The revelations, reported by AP, raised further suspicion that Stuxnet had infected control systems in Iran's nuclear plants.

Olli Heinonen deputy director at the IAEA confirmed that Iran had experienced problems with centrifuges and said they could have been caused by technical problems or Stuxnet, but added that there was no proof that the worm was responsible.

BBC News - Iran denies Stuxnet disrupted its nuclear programme

Forum List

Back