Obama set's back Iran's nuclear program by years

If you think the internet would not have happened w/o Gore, you're deluded

wait

Never mind..

Nobody has ever claimed that, nor will they. But hey, carry on. Maybe you'll start a whole new series of Gore-bashing threads. I'd actually like to see some of those because I'll bet not a single one of you even knows why you hate him so much, other than he wrote another book based on scientific analysis. And that he has a stodgy personality.

Gore is out of politics, so he would normally have little affect on our lives.
Gore wants in our pocket books. Since his book and movie have been debunked as half baked science, I don't think he should be held in high reguard by anyone.

but keep the faith

your making blind faith, cross huggers seem normal.

Except that it's hardly half-baked science, but that's your opinion based on YOUR sources, not mine. I just watched a documentary on the biggest earth digging drill in the world, drilling deep into Antartica's history to analyze layer-by-layer the extreme temperature changes for millions of years. The oceans tell the story of Earth, like it or not. And right now, the oceans are warming affecting extreme climate conditions all over the world.

Ice and Snow

Interesting how this thread has morphed into a general discussion on lots of issues. I like it.

Amazing that lefties were calling for the destruction of Israel last year and now they claim a B. Hussein Obama allience with Israel caused the slowdown of Iran's nuclear program. It's OK though. Go ahead and give Barry the credit if it makes you feel better. I would venture a guess that Obama's dirty tricksters are slowing down America's nuclear programs as well as every other energy related industry also..

Nobody has ever claimed that, nor will they. But hey, carry on. Maybe you'll start a whole new series of Gore-bashing threads. I'd actually like to see some of those because I'll bet not a single one of you even knows why you hate him so much, other than he wrote another book based on scientific analysis. And that he has a stodgy personality.

Gore wants in our pocket books. Since his book and movie have been debunked as half baked science, I don't think he should be held in high reguard by anyone.

but keep the faith

Except that it's hardly half-baked science, but that's your opinion based on YOUR sources, not mine. I just watched a documentary on the biggest earth digging drill in the world, drilling deep into Antartica's history to analyze layer-by-layer the extreme temperature changes for millions of years. The oceans tell the story of Earth, like it or not. And right now, the oceans are warming affecting extreme climate conditions all over the world.

Ice and Snow

Interesting how this thread has morphed into a general discussion on lots of issues. I like it.

Thats becuase those who enage in a debate with "liar" and "idiot" and "moron" are not part of this thread.

Yes, a refreshing change.

Not trying to make excuses for my stupid, but that's why it went over my head.

As someone who has trained dogs, including protection dogs for many years, there is a lot of validity to what you say. That has even been the experience of many police dogs.

Aggressive dogs require an alpha. When the alpha is no longer there, they become alpha or they go into a deep depression.

I love this:

german-shepherds-watching-cat.jpg

THAT my wise sister is beautiful. That is training.

Makes my heart flutter.

Thanks.

My filed copy has the caption "And yea though I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no evil." (Presumably by the cat!)

You talking about Bush?

A crimes a crime. If he had something to do with it, he needs to be charged.

As gruesome as this will sound

I'm not against torture, not at all.

A gang of people have one of my kids and I have ahold of a person that knows where my kid is but won't talk no matter how kind I am.

I wonder how far I would go to get the info needed out of him, given the chance.

So when they are waterboarding murderers that know when other peoples kids will be killed, I'm ok with that.

And you can send me to jail after I save lives.

Or you've gone on a wild goose chase after the perp tells a bunch of lies just to stop the torture.

OK...

and the alternative is to do what?

Say pretty please?

Maggie....TM opted not to answer...so I will ask you..

If you were being tortured to give your ATM card PIN number and told that if the number you gave uis wrong things would be worse for you...

Would you give the number?

Maggie....Ideologues say torture doesnt work becuase as they put it "it doesnt work"

Logic, however says it DOES work....and it is proven by putting yourself in a positon of being tortured for info.

Would you hold back?

I might, just in order to make it stop if only for a short period of time. The real logic becomes what happens if the one being tortured really doesn't have the accurate information? What if I couldn't remember my ATM password? What if I gave them the information and they found out there's only $12.00 there? Would I continue to be beaten?

From my "little book of facts";

In all of recorded human history, there has been world peace for 2% of that time.

Just look back at history, who did we learn about in history class?
The peacemakers? HA!
We learned to admire who was better at killing other people.

The only difference between now and then is we can kill more faster with cool special effects.

The US has also killed off more people and foreign leaders by it's covert activities than you'll ever find in traditional textbooks. But that's probably a good thing. I could never understand why we didn't just take out Saddam Hussein by a CIA coup, and then deny any involvement.
I thought it was quite obvious...

Becuase GHWB and GWB wanted a confilct that resulted in as many civilian causalites as possible.

Sadly, the Gulf War didn't do that....so the Bush's waited out the clinton years, and then GWB brainstormed with his dad and Cheney and created 9-11....

And well...the rest is history....

There was more motivation for US involvement in the first Gulf War, and that was to stop the genocide of Kuwaities as Saddam attempted to take over their small country. By the time the invasion of Iraq happened in 2003, Saddam Hussein had been contained and his firepower was limited to lobbing a few SCUD missiles at planes doing flyovers. I was actually not against the invasion when it was promised it would be a single strike and the Iraqis would all be throwing parties for the US troops, who would all be home by Christmas. Somebody forgot to study the history of the Iraqi people, it seems.

Or you've gone on a wild goose chase after the perp tells a bunch of lies just to stop the torture.

OK...

and the alternative is to do what?

Say pretty please?

Maggie....TM opted not to answer...so I will ask you..

If you were being tortured to give your ATM card PIN number and told that if the number you gave uis wrong things would be worse for you...

Would you give the number?

Maggie....Ideologues say torture doesnt work becuase as they put it "it doesnt work"

Logic, however says it DOES work....and it is proven by putting yourself in a positon of being tortured for info.

Would you hold back?

I might, just in order to make it stop if only for a short period of time. The real logic becomes what happens if the one being tortured really doesn't have the accurate information? What if I couldn't remember my ATM password? What if I gave them the information and they found out there's only $12.00 there? Would I continue to be beaten?

we are addressing why torture (waterboarding) is helpful.
Sure...there are what ifs attached...

But what is the alternative?

Let some unknown mall blow up becuase we know it is going to happen we just dont know where...and we have soomeone in custody who we have proof was interacting regularly with those we know set the bombs...but morally, we cant let himi think he is drowning in an effort to get information?

Kill him? No. He may be a bad guy, but he truly may not have the info. Maim him? No, for the same reason. Waterboard him? If we have no alternative.....yes.

huh?
How many Gore threads do you see on this site?
Now lets compare to how many Palin threads there are?

One WAS VP...the other ran for VP
Both are in the limelight by choice.

Yet you criiticize the few that bash Gore?

DO you do the same to those that bash Palin?

Gore isn't in the limelight 24/7 the way Palin is. When he had his book published, then the movie, you can bet he was the subject of a ton of threads. And please note that I said I'd "like to see" threads bashing Gore, not that there are some still existing.

Gore is in the limelight as often as Palin. He did not just write a book and a movie...he gives speeches, seminars, press conferecnes; has a wbsite, etc....just like Palin.

The difference is, the right does not attack every single word he says...and why? The right is not afraid of him. He is not a political threat anymore.

But it is disingenuous to imply that Gore only has a book and a movie and Palin has so much more. You only know of Palin's more bceuase the left AND the media bring it out into the open for ALL of us to hear about.

I have never wathced Palin's reality show nor have I ever read her tweets.....but I know all about them.

Oh please, I have some cable news program going 16 hours a day running in the background, and Al Gore is NOT in the news, no matter who and where he's giving speeches. Palin, on the other hand, either is inyourface pointing an accusatory finger or defending her personal position, and when she's not doing that, she's tweeting or updating her Facebook comments.

And Bin Laden was not capable of attacking our shores.

We knew he was, but just didn't believe he'd do it. Big difference. In fact, a Pentagon study in 1998, I believe, even involved war games that imagined commericial planes being used as weapons. Frankly, I don't think any amount of intelligence could have prevented the attacks, if not on September 11th, then on some other date, because al-Qaeda operatives who planned the attacks were spread all over the globe and to predict the attacks on a given day would have meant completing the jigsaw puzzle. We knew it would happen, just not when and exactly how. Read some of the stuff Richard Clarke has published to find out how enigmatic this particular enemy was, and is.

That was my point Maggie.

Likewise, we know all about Achmedinejad....but we just dont believe he has the political power to do it.

Just as we believed Bin Laden wouldn't do it.

Achmedinejad has a country with borders. At least we know where he is.

Uh....Maggie....sort of what we did?
Thus the thread that cirticizes THAT action as well.

When has the US threatened to use nuclear weapons against Iran? For years, the US has led the way for nonproliferation not threats by boasting our capabilities if one country or another doesn't shape up. It's called detente, and when Iran shows that it wants to join the rest of the world by trying to save it from nuclear holocaust, then nothing like covert hacking will even be necessary.

lol...I think we are on the same side of this debate Maggie.

Probably. On that issue, anyway.

The US has also killed off more people and foreign leaders by it's covert activities than you'll ever find in traditional textbooks. But that's probably a good thing. I could never understand why we didn't just take out Saddam Hussein by a CIA coup, and then deny any involvement.
I thought it was quite obvious...

Becuase GHWB and GWB wanted a confilct that resulted in as many civilian causalites as possible.

Sadly, the Gulf War didn't do that....so the Bush's waited out the clinton years, and then GWB brainstormed with his dad and Cheney and created 9-11....

And well...the rest is history....

There was more motivation for US involvement in the first Gulf War, and that was to stop the genocide of Kuwaities as Saddam attempted to take over their small country. By the time the invasion of Iraq happened in 2003, Saddam Hussein had been contained and his firepower was limited to lobbing a few SCUD missiles at planes doing flyovers. I was actually not against the invasion when it was promised it would be a single strike and the Iraqis would all be throwing parties for the US troops, who would all be home by Christmas. Somebody forgot to study the history of the Iraqi people, it seems.

MIne was a post of sarcasm.
I am well aware of the reason for the first attack...and well aware of the reason for the second attack.
As for the promise of a single strike...we were not prepared for the insurgents...and were most certainly not expecting the use of schools and hospitals as places of refuge for snipers and others....

Amazing that lefties were calling for the destruction of Israel last year and now they claim a B. Hussein Obama allience with Israel caused the slowdown of Iran's nuclear program. It's OK though. Go ahead and give Barry the credit if it makes you feel better. I would venture a guess that Obama's dirty tricksters are slowing down America's nuclear programs as well as every other energy related industry also..

WHO was calling for the destruction of Israel???? Geezus, not another loon. Please...

but keep the faith

Ice and Snow

Thats becuase those who enage in a debate with "liar" and "idiot" and "moron" are not part of this thread.

Yes, a refreshing change.

Well, one just jumped in. I may have to take a break. :lol:

Forum List

Back