Obama sent condolence letters to dead Seals families signed with an electric pen

Have some fucking tact. Observe yourself as an outsider. You're trying to score political points over the lives of dead soldiers.

I'm afraid not. It's the Scumbucket in Chief who loves to score political points over dead people.

He's a real champ at that now isn't he?

Idiot, this is exactly what has always happened regardless of who the President has been. Where was your faux outrage then?

Read thru the thread. I've put it up so many times. Rummy was in huge shit for not signing the letters personally.

Fuck the "faux outrage" shit. I've already put up my feelings about it. It's not right to send the family of dead loved ones who've died for their country a letter of condolence with a stamped signature on it.

President Bush personally signed the letters. Confirmed by Stripes.

Bush sent a personal note to the family of every one of the fallen. obama is too busy campaigning to be bothered. But, he's not too busy to make a personal call to a woman who wants free contraception.

Link? Bush sent 2,000 + personal notes to every service member that died in Iraq and Afghanistan?

I say you're a liar.

Rummy was in deep shit for not personally signing the condolence letters.He was seriously busted and it was all over the news.

It was a huge bruhaha and he apologized publicaly and then began personally signing the letters again.

As he should have.

Stripes verified President Bush signed his condolence letters.
But those are not the letters Bush is "writing." They are form letters. With the exception of the salutation and a reference to the fallen soldier in the text, the letters the families shared with me are all the same. Now some one has gone to the trouble of finding out if the given name of the solider and the name he or she used were different. And Bush does sign them all personally. But it would be more accurate to say he is "sending" all the families letters, a practice that goes back many presidents.

Maggie Caldwell of Massachusetts was still a newlywed when a mine exploded under the Humvee of her husband, Todd, in Iraq. A few weeks later, she received Bush's letter. "Something a little more personal would have been nice," she says. Maggie is not running for office or writing a snarky column, she just wants to know that her nation appreciates what Todd--and she--have sacrificed.

War Stories: Sympathy Forms - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

Now apologize for using American soldiers as tools.

I'm afraid not. It's the Scumbucket in Chief who loves to score political points over dead people.

He's a real champ at that now isn't he?

Idiot, this is exactly what has always happened regardless of who the President has been. Where was your faux outrage then?

Read thru the thread. I've put it up so many times. Rummy was in huge shit for not signing the letters personally.

Fuck the "faux outrage" shit. I've already put up my feelings about it. It's not right to send the family of dead loved ones who've died for their country a letter of condolence with a stamped signature on it.

President Bush personally signed the letters. Confirmed by Stripes.

Rumsfield was in trouble because it was custom for the DS to personally sign letters.

If you're too damn lazy to personally sign a condolence letter you probably shouldn't bother sending one.

Obama could take the time to send a personal letter of condolence from him and Michelle to the family of a dead rapper( Sharpton even read it at the funeral), but he couldn't take the time to send one to the family of Brian Terry.

Shows the heart of the man. And it's cold.

Last edited:

Do you need me to put up the electronic pen signature pics again?

That's where he's at now. Your link is to when he was first in Office.

Fail.

In his first few weeks in office, sometime between celebratory bill signings and phone calls from foreign leaders, President Obama sat in the Oval Office for the most somber task of his presidency - penning letters to families of troops killed in combat.

Read more: Obama signs 'Barack' to fallen troops' kin - Washington Times

Right, because a couple of letters in 2009 makes up for this recent callousness. He wasn't campaigning in 2009, so I guess he writes personal notes to the families of fallen soldiers when campaigning isn't a priority....

He is a despicable out of touch hack. He has never cared about our men and women in uniform except to the degree they provide him political points.

The families didn't appreciate "Barack" as a signature. Neither would I. It's not very respectable. A letter of condolence should be authentic and formal - not "Barack."

:rolleyes: The ones in the article appreciated it. Do you speak for every dead soldier?

The families didn't appreciate "Barack" as a signature. Neither would I. It's not very respectable. A letter of condolence should be authentic and formal - not "Barack."

Yeah, because "formal" really gives that personal touch. If you read the link, apparently some people like the "Barack" sig line quite a bit.

You asswipe. That article is when he first got signed into office.

And from a legitimate news source. Perhaps he has totally changed how he does things, and perhaps your story is less than honest. Either are totally possible.

Thanks. That's all I need to neg the OP for being a fucking hack.

Yeah, because "formal" really gives that personal touch. If you read the link, apparently some people like the "Barack" sig line quite a bit.

Fail.:D The date tells the story.

Obama signs ‘Barack’ to fallen troops’ kin
Comments (27)
Size: + / -
Print

By Christina Bellantoni

-

The Washington Times

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Read more: Obama signs 'Barack' to fallen troops' kin - Washington Times

letter-two-e1346291607960.jpg

Here’s a closer look at the letter sent to the parents of Chief Petty Officer Nicholas H. Null.
It’s the same form letter.

lettter-three.jpg

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...parents-a-form-letter-signed-by-electric-pen/

I personally don't have an issue with a form letter in a time of war. But I do have an issue with a CIC who can't sign the letters by hand.

AND this situation with the 17 Seals dying was an extraordinary event. 30 U.S. servicemen died that day. The largest death toll at once in Afghanistan.

Not that every soldier's death isn't special, but you'd think at least on this one Obama could have taken a few moments out of his campaign, fundraising and golfing to personalize these letters.

Last edited:
I hope you die a painful death you fucking piece of shit.

Well this is a shocking claim. That's some caring Commander in Chief.

Obama Honored Fallen SEALs By Sending Their Parents a Form Letter Signed By Electric Pen
Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 10:31 AM

On August 6, 2011, 30 US service members were killed when a CH-47 Chinook helicopter they were being transported in crashed in Wardak province, Afghanistan.

It was the deadliest single loss for U.S. forces in the decade-long war in Afghanistan. 17 members of the elite Navy SEALs were killed in the crash.

Yesterday, Karen and Billy Vaughn, parents of Aaron Carson Vaughn, spoke at the Defending the Defenders forum sponsored by the Tea Party Patriots outside the RNC Convention in Tampa. Karen brought a copy of the form letter they were sent following their son’s death.

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

It was signed by an electric pen.

That’s not all.
Karen Vaughn reached out to the parents of the other SEALs killed in that crash.
Their letters were all the same.
Form letters – signed by an electric pen.

letter-2-e1346254203876.jpg

Here's the link:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...parents-a-form-letter-signed-by-electric-pen/

Who gives a fuck?

Here’s a closer look at the letter sent to the parents of Chief Petty Officer Nicholas H. Null.

lettter-three.jpg

Dude, that same letter has been used since at least Reagan's time. What's your beef?

If you actually took the time to read my posts, you would find out.

Here ya go.

I personally don't have an issue with a form letter in a time of war. But I do have an issue with a CIC who can't sign the letters by hand.

AND this situation with the 17 Seals dying was an extraordinary event. 30 U.S. servicemen died that day. The largest death toll at once in Afghanistan.

Not that every soldier's death isn't special, but you'd think at least on this one Obama could have taken a few moments out of his campaign, fundraising and golfing to personalize these letters.

lettter-three.jpg

Those signatures, while similar, aren't exact copies of each other. You continue to use American soldiers as tools. Fuck yourself.

Forum List

Back