Obama sent condolence letters to dead Seals families signed with an electric pen

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Well this is a shocking claim. That's some caring Commander in Chief.

Obama Honored Fallen SEALs By Sending Their Parents a Form Letter Signed By Electric Pen
Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 10:31 AM

On August 6, 2011, 30 US service members were killed when a CH-47 Chinook helicopter they were being transported in crashed in Wardak province, Afghanistan.

It was the deadliest single loss for U.S. forces in the decade-long war in Afghanistan. 17 members of the elite Navy SEALs were killed in the crash.

Yesterday, Karen and Billy Vaughn, parents of Aaron Carson Vaughn, spoke at the Defending the Defenders forum sponsored by the Tea Party Patriots outside the RNC Convention in Tampa. Karen brought a copy of the form letter they were sent following their son’s death.

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

It was signed by an electric pen.

That’s not all.
Karen Vaughn reached out to the parents of the other SEALs killed in that crash.
Their letters were all the same.
Form letters – signed by an electric pen.

letter-2-e1346254203876.jpg

Here's the link with more of the form letters shown.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...parents-a-form-letter-signed-by-electric-pen/

Last edited:

Obama Honored Fallen SEALs By Sending Their Parents a Form Letter Signed By Electric Pen

On August 6, 2011, 30 US service members were killed when a CH-47 Chinook helicopter they were being transported in crashed in Wardak province, Afghanistan.

It was the deadliest single loss for U.S. forces in the decade-long war in Afghanistan. 17 members of the elite Navy SEALs were killed in the crash.

Yesterday, Karen and Billy Vaughn, parents of Aaron Carson Vaughn, spoke at the Defending the Defenders forum sponsored by the Tea Party Patriots outside the RNC Convention in Tampa. Karen brought a copy of the form letter they were sent following their son’s death.

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.
Karen Vaughn reached out to the parents of the other SEALs killed in that crash.

Here's the link:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...parents-a-form-letter-signed-by-electric-pen/

Who gives a fuck?

Have some fucking tact. Observe yourself as an outsider. You're trying to score political points over the lives of dead soldiers.

Have some fucking tact. Observe yourself as an outsider. You're trying to score political points over the lives of dead soldiers.

I'm afraid not. It's the Scumbucket in Chief who loves to score political points over dead people.

He's a real champ at that now isn't he?

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

Here's the link:

Who gives a fuck?

Obviously Obama feels like you do. Tch Tch.

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

Here's the link:

Who gives a fuck?

I Do.. As do these families, obviously!

Thumbs down to this thread.

Are you saying that the parents of these fallen soldiers shouldn't be upset? It's their issue.
Are you that cold?

I'm just the messenger who saw it on Drudge.

They have the right to grieve how they choose.

However, using the death of a solider to point a wagging finger at Obama, is low.

Why don't you just get hold of Karen and Billy Vaughn and tell them they can't be upset about this treatment they received by the President?

Go ahead and tell them they are low for pointing a wagging finger at Obama.

Last edited:

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

And like Bush before him, and Clinton before him, and Bush Snr before him...

Your point? Oh, another chance to attack the CIC with faux outrage...BORING!

Are you saying that the parents of these fallen soldiers shouldn't be upset? It's their issue.
Are you that cold?

I'm just the messenger who saw it on Drudge.

However, using the death of a solider to point a wagging finger at Obama, is low.

Why don't you just get hold of Karen and Billy Vaugh and tell them they can't be upset about this treatment they received by the President?

Don't deflect. I said families can grieve as they choose, hell if they wanted to be upset because the president does personally knock on their door to give them the news, I would understand.

However using their pain and creating a story out of it to take shots at the president is low, as is reposting it and trying to stir up outrage over what is a common practice.

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

And like Bush before him, and Clinton before him, and Bush Snr before him...

Your point? Oh, another chance to attack the CIC with faux outrage...BORING!

I'm not outraged at all. I don't respect President Obama whatsoever. It's the parents of these soldiers that are outrage.

Go dump on them.

Here's the key to the story:

After the deadliest single loss of US forces in Afghanistan, Barack Obama sent out form letters to the parents.

My father was a veteran of the WWII, so we got a letter from LBJ when dad died in 1967.
There were probably hundreds of such letters being mailed every day during Johnson's term, so it's understandable if it's an automated signature.

But this... is unconscionable.

Last edited:
You have missed the point which can happen when you allow your own personal partisanship to overrule your common sense.

If this were 4 years ago, and msnbc was taking advantage of grieving parents by blasting Bush for not personally signing the condolence letter, I highly doubt you would be helping carry the torches and pitchforks.

Why don't you just get hold of Karen and Billy Vaugh and tell them they can't be upset about this treatment they received by the President?

Don't deflect. I said families can grieve as they choose, hell if they wanted to be upset because the president does personally knock on their door to give them the news, I would understand.

However using their pain and creating a story out of it to take shots at the president is low, as is reposting it and trying to stir up outrage over what is a common practice.

It's a message board. I'm in the Political forum. It's a story about upset parents of dead Seals. It's a big deal.

They are pissed at the President. Deal with it. If you don't like my threads, don't read them.

Now just like fallen soldiers families were pissed at Donald Rumsfeld because he had not signed every one personally we have a repeat situation here. Rumsfeld then signed every letter personally. His letter of apology is at the link I'll give.

BTW President Bush DID sign all of his personally.

Family members had expressed similar concerns to Stripes about President Bush’s signature on his condolence letters, but Allen Abney, spokesman for the president, said that Bush does personally sign the letters sent from the White House.

Rumsfeld to personally sign all condolence letters - News - Stripes

Really? It seems to me these people are exposing the president for who he is, a self serving, arrogant bastard who doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. Personally signing those letters is just a matter of common decency, for God's sake.

You have missed the point which can happen when you allow your own personal partisanship to overrule your common sense.

If this were 4 years ago, and msnbc was taking advantage of grieving parents by blasting Bush for not personally signing the condolence letter, I highly doubt you would be helping carry the torches and pitchforks.

I doubt Bush, or any president prior to him for that fact, would have done something so inconsiderate.

I'm afraid not. It's the Scumbucket in Chief who loves to score political points over dead people.

He's a real champ at that now isn't he?

Did the last president do the same thing?
Or did he personally sign all the 5000 or so letters to the families of soldiers killed in action?

Forum List

Back