Obama Sent Bribe To Rev. Wright To Get Him To STFU

Well, well, well.............Looks like Reverend Wright is getting to speak again. Looks like he might have thrown Obama under the bus. Turnabout is fair play!!

Good for Reverend Wright, it's about time someone tells the truth about the Chicago Punk occupying the White House. :clap2:

I missed the part where Obama himself offered a bribe, and the part where this 'proof' has been substantiated.

Well, well, well.............Looks like Reverend Wright is getting to speak again. Looks like he might have thrown Obama under the bus. Turnabout is fair play!!

Good for Reverend Wright, it's about time someone tells the truth about the Chicago Punk occupying the White House. :clap2:

Indeed

Don't bite the hand that feeds

I missed the part where Obama himself offered a bribe, and the part where this 'proof' has been substantiated.

Of course Obama himself wouldn't write the good Reverend a check. That would be incredibly stupid. However, if we can believe Romney's classmates about the haircut story, then why can't we beleive reverend Wright about the bribe story?

You guys aren't too good at this game, are you?

Papa Obama team tried to ‘bribe’ to silence Wright- is that even legal?

Edward Klein interviewed Wright, who told him Obama’s team tried to buy his silence.

“Who sent the e-mail?” I asked Wright.
“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”
“He offered you money?”
“Not directly,” Wright said. “He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me.”
“How much money did he offer you?”
“One hundred and fifty thousand dollars,” Wright said.

“And what did you say?” I asked. “I said, ‘I don’t see it that way. And anyway, how am I supposed to support my family?’
And he said, ‘Well, I wish you wouldn’t speak in public. The press is gonna eat you alive.’

Reverend Wright took a trip to Ghana before the election in 2008.

You use supermarket tabloid news for politics?

Edward Klein interviewed Wright, who told him Obama’s team tried to buy his silence.

“He offered you money?”
“Not directly,” Wright said. “He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me.”

“And what did you say?” I asked. “I said, ‘I don’t see it that way. And anyway, how am I supposed to support my family?’
And he said, ‘Well, I wish you wouldn’t speak in public. The press is gonna eat you alive.’

So does that mean that everything else Reverend Wright said was the truth or is it suddenly "true" because it's a potential slam against Obama? Secondly, I don't see it as any sort of bribe. Here: "“He offered you money?”
“Not directly,”.

“He offered you money?”

You use supermarket tabloid news for politics?

You mean the NY Times?
:eusa_whistle:

It is not a supermarket tabloid
But of course, those kind did break the Edward's story

I do believe since the author did the interview and is quoting
that this would be easy to refute

“He offered you money?”

So does that mean that everything else Reverend Wright said was the truth or is it suddenly "true" because it's a potential slam against Obama? Secondly, I don't see it as any sort of bribe. Here: "“He offered you money?”
“Not directly,”.

I do not seem to remember the truth of his statements being questioned
but the un-American and radical nature of them.
Bribes offered indirectly does not limit the criminality of the people involved.
This is one of the issues Edwards is facing now in court

Wright says Obama went to him in person finally and asked him to refrain from preaching till after the election. Guess he felt bad about throwing the hateful preacher under the bus, so offered up some incentive to STFU.

Of course Obama himself wouldn't write the good Reverend a check. That would be incredibly stupid.

Then I guess the OP shouldn't be titled, 'Obama Sent Bribe To Rev. Wright To Get Him To STFU'.

However, if we can believe Romney's classmates about the haircut story, then why can't we beleive reverend Wright about the bribe story?

You guys aren't too good at this game, are you?

Wright might be telling the truth. That's not my point. My point is -- as I already stated -- that Obama himself did not offer a bribe. Obama cannot control what others do.

I wasn't even going to bring up Romney; but, since you want to compare the two, ok. If his 5 classmates separate accounts are to be taken as truthful, Romney actually did lead a charge to harass and cut the hair of a 'different' classmate.

Like I said in another thread, I don't actually think that the haircut incident is a winning issue for Romney's opponents; but, you wanted to talk about it, so, there you go.

You're not too good at this, are you?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back