Obama sends US troops to Uganda to help fight rebels

We don't need anymore Wars. I think we have enough already. When will all these foreign interventions end? Why do wee need to be involved with so many wars around the world? Is this a permanent policy for our nation? Just a long endless string of wars? Why don't we give peace a chance? Who knows,we might just like it.

We need wars because I work for a defense contractor and I want to buy a new Corvette Z06.

Is this true or are you being sarcastic? It's a nice car,i'll give you that. But i still want to give peace a chance. I'm sick of these endless foreign interventions. Will things ever change?

I'm still waiting for code pink to start up, but being there is a Democrat in office I wont hold my breath. And where is the outrage from the anti-war left? Not only did Obama break his promises on Gitmo,Iraq and Afghanistan, he took us into libya and now Africa.
Hypocrisy is a bitch isn't it?

With the exception of AIDS assistance, the U.S. forgot about the African continent after the Cold War. I deployed to Africa two times in the 1990s and was on the hook to go to Rwanda and/or Burundi to help with the genocide and famine related to the Hutu and Tutsi conflict. The president at the time couldn't pul the trigger and we didn't go in. Meanwhile, China is building roads in exchange for mineral rights, bases of operation, and other advantages that will surely make us wish we had stayed engaged.

I guess you don't remember Somalia and the battle of Mogadishu do you? :eusa_whistle:

I remember Clinton denying knowledge of the Op when it went bad.

We don't need anymore Wars. I think we have enough already. When will all these foreign interventions end? Why do wee need to be involved with so many wars around the world? Is this a permanent policy for our nation? Just a long endless string of wars? Why don't we give peace a chance? Who knows,we might just like it.

We need wars because I work for a defense contractor and I want to buy a new Corvette Z06.

Is this true or are you being sarcastic? It's a nice car,i'll give you that. But i still want to give peace a chance. I'm sick of these endless foreign interventions. Will things ever change?

Things will not change as long as there are humans on the earth.

That's just the way we roll.

CaféAuLait;4270202 said:

WASHINGTON — US President Barack Obama said Friday he is sending 100 "combat-equipped" troops to Uganda to help and advise forces battling Lord's Resistance Army rebels accused of grievous human rights abuses.

The US troops, subject to the approval of national authorities, could also deploy from Uganda into South Sudan, the Central African Republic and Democratic Republic of the Congo, Obama said in a message to Congress.

LRA rebels are accused of terrorizing, murdering, raping and kidnapping thousands of people in the four nations, and tens of thousands of people died in their 20-year war with security forces in northern Uganda.

AFP: Obama sends 100 US troops to Uganda to help fight rebels
Why now? The libs holler about Bush going into Iraq and getting the murdering hussein, will they whine now?

OK...
TEXT OF A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
TO THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
AND THE PRESIDENT PRO TEMPORE OF THE SENATE
October 14, 2011

.....I believe that deploying these U.S. Armed Forces furthers U.S. national security interests and foreign policy and will be a significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central Africa...
Sincerely,
BARACK OBAMA
Obama sending combat troops to central Africa to aid fight against rebels – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

So when Obama said there was NO vital "national security interests" in Iraq please would someone explain why there IS national security interests in Central Africa? Someone there have a nuke?
Because HE said so, that makes him right. But he is probably lying, again.

With the exception of AIDS assistance, the U.S. forgot about the African continent after the Cold War. I deployed to Africa two times in the 1990s and was on the hook to go to Rwanda and/or Burundi to help with the genocide and famine related to the Hutu and Tutsi conflict. The president at the time couldn't pul the trigger and we didn't go in. Meanwhile, China is building roads in exchange for mineral rights, bases of operation, and other advantages that will surely make us wish we had stayed engaged.

I guess you don't remember Somalia and the battle of Mogadishu do you? :eusa_whistle:

I remember Clinton denying knowledge of the Op when it went bad.
He denied a lot of things, among them MONICA!!!

OK...
October 14, 2011

.....I believe that deploying these U.S. Armed Forces furthers U.S. national security interests and foreign policy and will be a significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central Africa...
Sincerely,
BARACK OBAMA
Obama sending combat troops to central Africa to aid fight against rebels – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

So when Obama said there was NO vital "national security interests" in Iraq please would someone explain why there IS national security interests in Central Africa? Someone there have a nuke?

Oil maybe that we did not get our hands on in Iraq?

Have you noticed how well trained and disciplined the American Left useful idiots are? The Marines could take a few pointers from them. They haven't said a PEEP in years against Obama's countless and endless wars!

OK...
October 14, 2011

Sincerely,
BARACK OBAMA

is there any oil?

The rag tag Lords Resistance Army has been terrorizing the the area for years.

But all at once they are priority #1 on the terrorist hit list.

Why??

Here is the answer:

Uganda: 2.5 Billion Barrels of Oil Discovered

Oil exploration firm Tullow Oil says the quantity of oil discovered in Uganda has surpassed the 2 billion barrels that were confirmed last year.

The announcement indicates that more crude oil remains beneath the Albertine Graben in the western part of Uganda.

"Rift Basins are a core play for Tullow and to-date we have discovered and identified resources in excess of 2.5 billion barrels in the Lake Albert Rift Basin in Uganda," said Mr Angus McCoss, the exploration director of Tullow Oil Plc yesterday.

allAfrica.com: Uganda: 2.5 Billion Barrels of Oil Discovered - Tullow

CaféAuLait;4270202 said:

WASHINGTON — US President Barack Obama said Friday he is sending 100 "combat-equipped" troops to Uganda to help and advise forces battling Lord's Resistance Army rebels accused of grievous human rights abuses.

The US troops, subject to the approval of national authorities, could also deploy from Uganda into South Sudan, the Central African Republic and Democratic Republic of the Congo, Obama said in a message to Congress.

LRA rebels are accused of terrorizing, murdering, raping and kidnapping thousands of people in the four nations, and tens of thousands of people died in their 20-year war with security forces in northern Uganda.

AFP: Obama sends 100 US troops to Uganda to help fight rebels
Why now? The libs holler about Bush going into Iraq and getting the murdering hussein, will they whine now?

When he invades a country, talk to us.

Forum List

Back