Obama sends form letter to fallen Marine's father

Lincoln hand wrote letters. Very moving ones. He was a master. And he frequented the front lines, even going so far as to demean himself for the amusement of the troops.

WWII, we had thousands killed on some days, and so families got nothing more than a telegram.

This was a helicopter crash which killed five men. Five. Skip a basketball game and take the time!

You think Abe Lincoln personally wrote well over a hundred thousand letters during the Civil War?

As a matter of fact Abe did write letters to family members... they are out there, do a "google" search and see for yourself.

No shit. I highly doubt he wrote a letter to all or even most of the fallen. Somewhere near 30,000 Union soldiers were killed in three days of fighting at Gettysburg alone.

It would have taken a lifetime to write a personal letter to every family.

Holy shit.......enough with the drama. Everything Obama does sickens some of you assholes.

True....but regardless of anything questionable Obama does, his supporters refuse to look into it and question him.

You think Abe Lincoln personally wrote well over a hundred thousand letters during the Civil War?

As a matter of fact Abe did write letters to family members... they are out there, do a "google" search and see for yourself.

No shit. I highly doubt he wrote a letter to all or even most of the fallen. Somewhere near 30,000 Union soldiers were killed in three days of fighting at Gettysburg alone.

What does that have to do with Obama's lack of concern for todays Gold Star families?

150px-Gold_Star_Service_Banner_svg_zpsa3ab9814.png

Last edited:
A carrier going down would require a presidential address to us.... ALL OF US. Give me a break.. your bias is showing Bro.[/SIZE][/FONT]

So....if Obama gave a Presidential address to all the families who have lost loved ones during this war, that would satisfy you?

Well at least Obama didn't try to use a military death to enhance his political campaign as did Romney. It seems Glehn Doherty, a navy seal's mother had to ask Romney to stop using her son's death to give publicity to his political campaign. I understand Romney didn't deny using Doherty's name and bravery for his campaign, and did say he would stop the name-using practice.

A carrier going down would require a presidential address to us.... ALL OF US. Give me a break.. your bias is showing Bro.[/SIZE][/FONT]

So....if Obama gave a Presidential address to all the families who have lost loved ones during this war, that would satisfy you?

No... you guys are being assclowns about it.

No one here expects him to write every family, but it wouldnt hurt the man (and I use that term loosely) to put pen to paper a few times.

Gawd what a bunch of douchebags!!

Yebbut Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg Address that we memorized here in the 7th Grade honoring the fallen that people still know today because of the wonderful teachers postwar. ;)

What is protocol?

Protocol? Seriously? How about, what is common decency?

If your son was killed in Afghanistan, would you want a form letter? It isn't like WWII when thousands were being killed every day, and a telegraph was all you got. This was just five men. Skip a ball game and take the time.

Receiving nothing would be preferable to receiving a form letter form the Commander-in-Chief, or the man's company commander. If it isn't real, it is an insult. The dead soldier gave all he had to give, and if it is too much trouble to say so, then say nothing.

After one of the early Civil War battles, a state governor asked Lincoln to pack their state's dead in ice and ship the bodies home. Did Lincoln do that, no he didn't even send the bodies home. Romney would have packed the bodies in ice and sent them home, in fact, if Romney were asked that very question, I bet, Romney would say that's exactly what he would do. Just the difference between Romney and Obama.

Forum List

Back