Obama sends Biden to Arlington-can't interrupt his vacation

I was responding to that sweetie. Pure and simple.

And if you think it is slinging mud to believe that Joe Biden was at least honest and sincere in his remarks regarding our fallen warriors, moreso than Obama and his not all that veiled disdain for the military would have been, then so be it. I don't see that as mud slinging. That is expressing the impression that the President himself has put out there by some of his words and by some of the appointees he has made in his administration.

General statement. If I was going to say it to you, you know I have no qualms about saying your name specifically. :lol:

Well if you don't identify it as a general statement and it is said while quoting comments I made, you can pretty well count on me taking it personally. But even if not intended personally, and I will accept your explanation that it was not personally directed, I still take exception to the comment itself. You were the one who twisted criticism of Barack Obama into 'using dead soldiers as tools for talking points.' And that is simply absurd.

:cuckoo: Is this the official handbook somewhere that I missed as a rule for a POTUS? Obama respected the soldiers who served our country bravely elsewhere today, and it doesn't make him any less of a person for doing so.

I'm sick and tired of people using dead soldiers as a tool to further their political talking points.

And I'm sick and tired of Lefties misinterpreting what is said or politicizing it to suit your own talking points. So there.

I personally am glad that Biden gave the speech at Arlington because I think our war dead there were better honored than they would have been by Obama. We won't ever know whether that would be the case though will we?

And yes, there is a long standing tradition that the President of the United States, if able, lay the wreath at the tomb of the unknown on Memorial Day. Many of our nation's veterans did feel like it was a slap in the face for the sitting President to schedule a vacation and thereby bypass that ceremonial and symbolic acknowledgment by the Commander in Chief. It is a legitimate criticism of the President's priorities, especially when he was so vocal at criticizing President Bush's 'lack of priorities' in scheduling vacations. Speaking of tools to politicize things.

But I do think our veterans were most likely better served by Biden than they would have been by a President who didn't want to be there.
:clap2:

Hey, **** Mike..........

DID YOU EVER SERVE IN THE MILITARY ASSHOLE?

If so, how long and what branch.

If not, how the fuck do you know what the war dead would consider honor?

You were the one who twisted criticism of Barack Obama into 'using dead soldiers as tools for talking points.' And that is simply absurd.

Unjustified criticism. People acting like Arlington is the only Military Cemetery in the world is ridiculous. What matters to me and what should matter is the fact he honored our fallen. At least he wasn't out on the golf course or something along the lines of that.

You were the one who twisted criticism of Barack Obama into 'using dead soldiers as tools for talking points.' And that is simply absurd.

Unjustified criticism. People acting like Arlington is the only Military Cemetery in the world is ridiculous. What matters to me and what should matter is the fact he honored our fallen. At least he wasn't out on the golf course or something along the lines of that.

Unjustified in your opinion, perhaps. But if the Veterans who felt disrespected are "using dead soldiers as tools for talking points' then they should be justified in seeing people like you as blind, irrational lapdogs groveling at the feet of Obama as adoring worshipers who will defend him no matter what he says and does.

Would that be fair? Or would you see that as mud slinging?

Unjustified in your opinion, perhaps. But if the Veterans who felt disrespected are "using dead soldiers as tools for talking points' then they should be justified in seeing people like you as blind, irrational lapdogs groveling at the feet of Obama as adoring worshipers who will defend him no matter what he says and does.

Would that be fair? Or would you see that as mud slinging?

I can see where the veterans who felt disrespected are coming from. However, I still think it's unjustified criticism all things considering.

They can see me however they like, doesn't make them right. Especially when I disagree with Obama it seems on more issues than agree these days. But hey, to each his/her own.

I wish we had a President who respected the protocol of laying the wreath at the tomb of the Unknowns and giving the annual address at Arlington, etc.

But I lsitened to Biden's speech, and he did well. Much better than I believe Obama would have done. Biden actually honored the war dead and those who have served. I think Obama would have given another policy/campaign speech.

So our war dead were honored. And that is what is important.

Then why are you biaching about protocol if honoring our military dead is what's important and that was done????

I wish we had a President who respected the protocol of laying the wreath at the tomb of the Unknowns and giving the annual address at Arlington, etc.

But I lsitened to Biden's speech, and he did well. Much better than I believe Obama would have done. Biden actually honored the war dead and those who have served. I think Obama would have given another policy/campaign speech.

So our war dead were honored. And that is what is important.

Then why are you biaching about protocol if honoring our military dead is what's important and that was done????

Well call me crazy, but I would prefer to have a President who fully understood the blessings of the Constitution and the contributions of the finest military in the world who help keep it intact. I would prefer a President who fully appreciated how that Constitution has been bought and paid for and continues to be so by the blood of our fallen warriers. But in speeches to the military, in his overall attitude, in his gratuitous deference that feels phony as a $3 bill, I don't believe we have that. And I think that's why Obama seemingly casually skipping the protocol feels more personal to many of those veterans. And me.

Perhaps President Reagan and George H.W. Bush didn't always follow it as much as some would have liked either. Reagan had more excuse for that than Bush did, but both men were 100% pro-military and our forces and our veterans knew that. I think they are not as secure in that with the current occupant of the Whitehouse. And that's why the protocol takes on a greater significance.

But in the end, I still think our fallen warriors were better served by VP Biden than they would have been had Obama done the honors himself. So. . . . .

Obama is a black man. Lincoln freed the black people.

There is a national cemetery named for Lincoln.

Obama showed up not only to honor the war dead, but to also pay homage to the man who made his presidency possible.

Why the fuck do you GOP idiots keep beating a dead horse?

By the way, I'm a retired veteran, and I had absolutely no problem with him being in Chicago and Biden being in Arlington.

"Ha..Ha...Hey Rob!... Ya know he will never see this post"

Then I'll ask

Hey **** Mike, did you ever serve?

Disgusting. An embarrassment to this country.

Damn, you people are UTTERLY shameless, aren't you?

Is there anything you won't try to use for political points?

Well, I guess you did use 9/11 as a reason for just about everything for all those years, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Look, I don't really care if you disagree with the man's policies, but seriously, this is some petty shit. Grow up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back