Obama Sells Out America's Youth with Eric Holder

This may be true... I just want the discrimination to end. Let's apply the same valid reasoning to making the use of alcohol and tobacco criminal offenses against The People.

I can't tell you how many times I have to hold my breath 'cause some clown is smoking just outside a mall or office I'm walking in or out of. That shit stinks.

-Joe

First... I am not disagreeing about the displeasure of walking thru someone else's smoke...

Second.. even though second hand tobacco smoke has it's problems for others... second hand pot smoke (unlike alcohol or tobacco) can pass on the mind altering effects of the product... you are not going to get drunk from someone beside you drinking a pint of Jim Beam and that tobacco smoke is not going to change your abilities...

It's called a self fulfilling prohecy, DD.

If you make it impossible for stoners to get good jobs, (and we do) then expecting them to be highly productive on jobs they are not allowed to compete for is rather foolish don't you think?

I'm a stoner.

My closest competition in my field started with 88 times as much money as I started out with. They started out with $4.4 million, I've invested about $50k.

I kick their asses in every metric that one can apply to our industry.

Now, if we lived in a true meritocracy?

Stoners wouldn't be disadvantaged, DD.

But the circular logic that since stoners are not good workers (simply because they're stoners), ergo we won't allow stoners to compete on the job, should be fairly obvious, even to someone as prejudiced as you are.

You also have to take into account that not only are you into a mind altering drug... but you will be disadvantaged (and rightfully so) for being a willing breaker of law... you may not agree with the law for whatever reason, but you are still obligated to obey it.... there is no merit to you breaking the law just because you want to

Here are a few:

Barack Obama, president-elect. Bill Clinton, 42nd president of the U.S. John Kerry, U.S. Senator and 2004 Democratic nominee for president. John Edwards, multi-millionaire, former U.S. Senator, and 2004 Democratic nominee for vice president. Sarah Palin, governor of Alaska, 2008 Republican nominee for vice president. British Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, Transport Secretary Ruth Kelly, and and Chancellor Alistair Darling. Josh Howard, NBA all-star. New York Governor David Paterson. Former Vice President, Nobel Peace Prize winner, and Oscar winner Al Gore. Former Sen. Bill Bradley, who smoked while playing professional basketball. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, and former New York Governor George Pataki. Billionaire and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

And how many, besides the NBA athletes or whatever... kept that climb going while remaining avid and continual drug takers?

Granted we have the Teddy K's etc who continue their climb even when plastered off of 2 liters of Scotch....

You also have to take into account that not only are you into a mind altering drug... but you will be disadvantaged (and rightfully so) for being a willing breaker of law... you may not agree with the law for whatever reason, but you are still obligated to obey it.... there is no merit to you breaking the law just because you want to

Actually civil disobedience of laws that are a crime against humanity is the act of a truly moral person.

Remember, chum, that the good soldiers who drove the Jews into the ovens were just law abiding citizens following orders.

First... I am not disagreeing about the displeasure of walking thru someone else's smoke...

Second.. even though second hand tobacco smoke has it's problems for others... second hand pot smoke (unlike alcohol or tobacco) can pass on the mind altering effects of the product... you are not going to get drunk from someone beside you drinking a pint of Jim Beam and that tobacco smoke is not going to change your abilities...

Agreed. Let's keep pot criminalized and criminalize alcohol and tobacco too. The issues with alcohol and tobacco are not the same, but just as bad, so let's make all of it illegal.

-Joe

Actually civil disobedience of laws that are a crime against humanity is the act of a truly moral person.

Remember, chum, that the good soldiers who drove the Jews into the ovens were just law abiding citizens following orders.

Defending pot smoking and the disobedience of that law citing "crime against humanity"

FUNKIN' PRICELESS :lol: :cuckoo:

Agreed. Let's keep pot criminalized and criminalize alcohol and tobacco too. The issues with alcohol and tobacco are not the same, but just as bad, so let's make all of it illegal.

-Joe

You or some politician wants to bring up making alcohol or tobacco illegal.. be my guest.... don't think it is going to happen... just as the drug laws are not going to be reversed...

And how many, besides the NBA athletes or whatever... kept that climb going while remaining avid and continual drug takers?

Granted we have the Teddy K's etc who continue their climb even when plastered off of 2 liters of Scotch....
What is your point here? That these people, either former or current pot smokers, are successful pretty much debunks your idea that marijuana use means low productivity.

What is your point here? That these people, either former or current pot smokers, are successful pretty much debunks your idea that marijuana use means low productivity.

Almost every one is either in entertainment, popularity, or athletics... and none of the ones in big business or politics made their great strides by continuing their continual pot smoking...

Much like it being that the rare super alcoholic that makes it big, it would be the very rare case that some pot smoker makes it big... except, as noted, in entertainment, popularity, creating 'High Times' magazine, etc

Defending pot smoking and the disobedience of that law citing "crime against humanity"

FUNKIN' PRICELESS :lol: :cuckoo:

You might think I was right if you were imprisoned for hemp, I think.

I'll ask you again...aren't you one of those who lectures us about how the government interfers with freedom?

If so them please give me your rationalization for the government involving itself in that issue.

Try reading the link on Marinol.... with the same "munchie" benefits without the high.... plus, as stated, no drug has EVER or will ever be recommended with smoking as a delivery mechanism...

Nice try.... but the same effect could have been obtained without the joint.... though the stoners don't want to hear that

And since when have I ever said to be, claimed to me, or had stances in line with libertarians? I have pulled the lever for 1, this election as a matter of fact... but mainly due to the fact that I could not vote for the far left DEM, and could not vote for the incumbent REP because I already know he was corrupt

There is valid reasoning behind having drugs (including pot) illegal.. but once again we have someone applying that simply likes to ignore those reasons when replying with their preordained opinion

Please explain the valid reason for making mj illegal and alcohol legal .. which is more harmful.

Think prohibition.

How many productive and goal oriented drunks do you see?

As for your question, the real answer is that there are far more productive and goal oriented stoners than there are drunks. In fact, I've known successful executives, lawyers, judges, business owners, who like to light up now and then. It's not my poison, I prefer a glass of wine. But I've never been able to understand why my glass of wine is ok, but someone lighting up a joint can cost them their job, their livelihood, their freedom.

Sorry, it seems silly to me but for a moral designation that really has no basis in reality.

And just for good measure, I seem to recollect that you can see the current governor of california lighting up in the movie Pumping Iron. I could be wrong about that, but I know for a fact he lit up after every competition. ;)

As with everything else, you're talking about the difference between moderation and excessive use. Personally, I figure I'm safer around someone who uses pot excessively than someone who's a drunk. But if government is going to pick and choose what is legal, shouldn't they be rational in those choices?

I mean, I thought the AWB was equally stupid because of the same type of baseless distinctions without difference and I figure same rules apply to drugs vs alcohol.

DAMN .. I couldn't rep you for this .. said I had to spread it around. :eusa_angel:

Please explain the valid reason for making mj illegal and alcohol legal .. which is more harmful.

Think prohibition.

As stated...

There are some benefits to consumption of some alcoholic products in small doses and moderation....

There is also no way that someone sitting next to someone drinking a glass of wine or a shot of Bourbon to get an effect from that action... sitting next to someone with a joint or smoking marijuana another way can receive the mind altering effects of that action

There are differences....

As for which is more harmful.... both are very harmful with over use.... and smoking pot has zero benefits that cannot be had with the legal use of the already approved Marinol drug

As stated...

There are some benefits to consumption of some alcoholic products in small doses and moderation....

There is also no way that someone sitting next to someone drinking a glass of wine or a shot of Bourbon to get an effect from that action... sitting next to someone with a joint or smoking marijuana another way can receive the mind altering effects of that action

There are differences....

As for which is more harmful.... both are very harmful with over use.... and smoking pot has zero benefits that cannot be had with the legal use of the already approved Marinol drug
I've never gotten high from being around people smoking weed. Even if this were true, which I doubt, so what. Regulate where you can smoke it, just like cigarettes.

I'm pretty sure they either have or are about to isolate the beneficial drug in alcohol, so that kills that theory.

I've never gotten high from being around people smoking weed. Even if this were true, which I doubt, so what. Regulate where you can smoke it, just like cigarettes.

I'm pretty sure they either have or are about to isolate the beneficial drug in alcohol, so that kills that theory.

It is not a "beneficial drug" in alcohol... try reading up on the health benefits of things such as red wine, dark bear, wheat beer, etc...

I am not into the regulation of doing something that is completely legal, in public.... now I am all for allowing business owners, property owners, etc in having the freedom to dictate what takes place on their own property..

The simple facts are, ravi... that there is nothing beneficial from the smoking of pot... just as there is nothing beneficial about the dropping of acid, the snorting of coke, etc... and the negatives are many... hence why it is illegal...

Could i see eventually some governmental elimination of tobacco? Yeah... don't agree totally, but I could see that..

But alcohol is legal... and I see no circumstance where it will ever be illegal.. we will continue to have laws surrounding acts surrounding alcohol use, but not on it's use itself....

It is not a "beneficial drug" in alcohol... try reading up on the health benefits of things such as red wine, dark bear, wheat beer, etc...

I am not into the regulation of doing something that is completely legal, in public.... now I am all for allowing business owners, property owners, etc in having the freedom to dictate what takes place on their own property..

The simple facts are, ravi... that there is nothing beneficial from the smoking of pot... just as there is nothing beneficial about the dropping of acid, the snorting of coke, etc... and the negatives are many... hence why it is illegal...

Could i see eventually some governmental elimination of tobacco? Yeah... don't agree totally, but I could see that..

But alcohol is legal... and I see no circumstance where it will ever be illegal.. we will continue to have laws surrounding acts surrounding alcohol use, but not on it's use itself....

Try studying why they call it "medicinal marijuana" .. your conclusions that there are no benefits are flat wrong.

Additionally, the war on drugs is a monumental failure and we are the greatest prison nation in human history. Think prohibition.

DEBUNKED

There is NO medical benefit of smoked marijuana... but nice try... also smoked marijuana is not a valid delivery system or recommended for anything medicinal... but nice try again

Speaking Out Against Drug Legalization, Fact 4

potheads will try anything to self validate

the is no natural or medical benefit to marijuana... it's easy to say and accept... unless you're a goddamn stoner looking for an excuse for your high

:lol:

so you reply with what is essentially a fucking AD for pharmaceuticals that EMULATE THE FUCKING ACTIVE INGREDIENTS ON MARIJUANA?

:lol:

thats fucking rich, dude. Yea, NOTHING says "no medical benefit" quite like developing a fucking pharmy version and calling in MARInol. Guess where that MARI come from, motherfucker.

:clap2:

Your gripe with the delivery of pot via smoking it doesn't invalidate the FACT that it is, by far, one of the most malleable drugs options that grows naturally in nature instead of a fucking lab. You and your opinion about pot can lick my taint.

:thup:

There is valid reasoning behind having drugs (including pot) illegal.. but once again we have someone applying that simply likes to ignore those reasons when replying with their preordained opinion

yea.. NEVER MIND all those drunk driving deaths that we can fucking bank on each year! Some asshole has an opinion about pot while tipping his fucking glass.. Again, let's play "lets see who can overdose on the illegal and legal substance", motherfucker. You could use some perspective at the end of your blood poisoning tryst at the hospital.

yea yea yea.. blow it out your bootlegging tailpipe you ignorant bitch. You may not want to face it but the legalization of pot is a comin'. I suggest you take your shrine to Carrie Nation with you into the wilderness when it happens.

You or some politician wants to bring up making alcohol or tobacco illegal.. be my guest.... don't think it is going to happen... just as the drug laws are not going to be reversed...

just so you know, I live in a town that decriminalize up to an ounce and a quarter of pot down to what amounts to a traffic ticket. Enjoy knowing that.

:thup:

Forum List

Back