Obama Selling Access

i guess it's never too early to make a quick buck. speech is still free, you just have to pay to hear it. class act.

Obama campaign selling Chicago election night coverage packages to news outlets - Lynn Sweet

Learn to read. From the article.

I am told by an Obama spokesman who did not want his name used that this just covers costs and they are not turning a profit on this.

The Media is always charged for events like this. This is nothing new except Drudge, and you, finding something new to whine about.

mission accomplished
thanks for playing

Your mission was to post something retarded to get someone to shoot it down?

Umm, ok then. You need a job or a hobby that isn't quite so unproductive.

i guess it's never too early to make a quick buck. speech is still free, you just have to pay to hear it. class act.

Obama campaign selling Chicago election night coverage packages to news outlets - Lynn Sweet

will this turn out to be just like when the right said that Bill Clinton was selling plots in Arlington National Cemetary but it turned out to be a lie? :eusa_whistle:

even if it is true, I don't think it's the DNC or Obama's responsibility to provide the media networks with free food, cable, internet and vaious other things they'd need to broadcast on election night. If they can't come up with a piddly $935 to get what could turn out to be the story of the year, win or lose, then they are pretty pathetic.

will this turn out to be just like when the right said that Bill Clinton was selling plots in Arlington National Cemetary but it turned out to be a lie? :eusa_whistle:

even if it is true, I don't think it's the DNC or Obama's responsibility to provide the media networks with free food, cable, internet and vaious other things they'd need to broadcast on election night. If they can't come up with a piddly $935 to get what could turn out to be the story of the year, win or lose, then they are pretty pathetic.
I heard that McCain is paying the media to attend his events...and serving lobster and caviar and champagne.

The Obama fundraising juggernaut apparently has caused John McCain's campaign to conduct extraordinary outreach to unlikely donors, even to Russia's ambassador to the United Nations.

Al Kamen - Brother, Can You Spare a Ruble? - washingtonpost.com

Amazing how you can flip the coin, isn't it?

:eusa_think: Obama vs McCain how they are getting money :eusa_think:

If you can't get to the link ... try this on for size.

By Al Kamen
Wednesday, October 22, 2008; Page A17

The Obama fundraising juggernaut apparently has caused John McCain's campaign to conduct extraordinary outreach to unlikely donors, even to Russia's ambassador to the United Nations.

The Russians released a copy of a Sept. 29 solicitation addressed to Vitaly I. Churkin, urging him to contribute as much as $5,000 to "stop the Obama Democrats from seizing control of the entire federal government."

"Please know this -- we will not concede any region to the Democrats," the letter stated. That might have resonated with Churkin, who doubtless started thinking about South Ossetia, Chechnya and such.

But when McCain then criticized Obama for recklessly supporting an "unconditional timeline" for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, a position that Churkin supports, you could see the checkbook going back into his pocket. And McCain's warnings about Obama's "big-government solution to health care" or increasing the size of the federal government or big tax increases probably left the Russian only scratching his head.

But Churkin, like everyone else, might have been sympathetic to McCain's complaint about the "vicious attacks" from "the Democrats and their liberal special interest allies." Clearly something that would not be permitted in Russia.

The letter doesn't mention U.S. policy toward Russia, although McCain condemned Russia's recent invasion of neighboring Georgia, and his call for sanctions has infuriated leaders in Moscow, our colleague Colum Lynch writes in The Post's political blog The Trail.

Russia's U.N. mission pretended to take the errant solicitation seriously, perhaps to slap McCain, and issued an official statement saying: "We have received a letter from Senator John McCain with a request for a financial donation to his presidential election campaign. In this respect we have to reiterate that neither Russia's permanent mission to the United Nations, nor the Russian government or its officials finance political activities in foreign countries."

McCain couldn't accept a donation anyway, since it's illegal to take contributions from a foreign government.

"It was just a mistake. We don't solicit folks who can't give," said campaign spokesman Brian Rogers.

Diplomats from several other nations said they do not believe that they had received any financial appeals from either Obama or McCain. "He must have been really desperate," said one European official, when informed of McCain's Russian appeal. Another joked: "We just give our money directly to Obama."

In the letter, McCain told Churkin, "I am reaching out to you to ask you to sign and return the enclosed 2008 Pledge of Support along with a campaign contribution of $35, $50, $100, $500, $1,000, $2,500 or even $5,000 to the McCain-Palin Victory 2008."

Ah, comrade, have you looked at the price of crude lately?

Last edited:
Your mission was to post something retarded to get someone to shoot it down?

Umm, ok then. You need a job or a hobby that isn't quite so unproductive.

i'm just trying to get into the partisan flow of overreacting to every little soundbite/article/video put out there.

y'know, like you guys.

Kind of like the hysterical overreaction to ACORN that comes around every two years.

no, i was thinking more along the lines of alqaida supporting mccain, obama's a muslim, palin got new clothes, michelle ate a lobster etc.

i'm new at it, so i expect to have a few rough spots, but i'll endeavor to persevere. i'd be happy for any pointers.

no, i was thinking more along the lines of alqaida supporting mccain, obama's a muslim, palin got new clothes, michelle ate a lobster etc.

i'm new at it, so i expect to have a few rough spots, but i'll endeavor to persevere. i'd be happy for any pointers.
Florida lobster is tastier.

Forum List

Back