Obama sees executive pay rules as next financial reform: report

[

You seem to think bankrupting a company is a crime unto itself. It's not. You seem to have a hard time understanding this very simple concept. If CEOs committed fraud or stole or broke the law, then they should be prosecuted. But business decisions causing companies to lose money and lay off workers is not a crime. At least not here in America. Maybe it is in Cuba or N Korea. Perhaps you'd feel more comfortable there, komrade.

Why isn't it? .

You can't be this fucking stupid in real life, can you?

Criminalizing failure will mean no one will set up enterprises and thus no jobs for idiots like you.

[

You seem to think bankrupting a company is a crime unto itself. It's not. You seem to have a hard time understanding this very simple concept. If CEOs committed fraud or stole or broke the law, then they should be prosecuted. But business decisions causing companies to lose money and lay off workers is not a crime. At least not here in America. Maybe it is in Cuba or N Korea. Perhaps you'd feel more comfortable there, komrade.

Why isn't it? .

Criminalizing failure will mean no one will set up enterprises and thus no jobs for idiots like you.

Oh, please, the greedy will ALWAYS be greedy. If they cared about consequences, they wouldn't have fucked it all up as bad as they did.

My proposal is put a little more consequences on the risk side.

Frankly, I get tired of them taking "risks" with my livlihood.

They fuck up, they go to jail. Consequences. Just like the rest of us mere mortals have to face.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Don't invest your money. That's the answer. Now we don't decide whether the risk is worth our investment, the government decides that. Should anyone pay for the failure of the 34 green energy companies that went bankrupt after government investment?

If a CEO is a bad leader/manager, he/she won't get paid the big $$$...what a concept.

The Feds have no business telling companies what they can or can't pay a CEO.

I guess they think they can "even the playing field" in business by claiming it is unfair American Airlines outbid Delta for the #1 airline CEO in the world.

If a CEO is a bad leader/manager, he/she won't get paid the big $$$...what a concept.

But that isn't what happens.

Good or Bad, they still get their money.

Wagonneer ran GM so badly the government had to bail it out. He still got 12 million in salary and stock options when Obama insisted he be fired as part of the bailout.

Those guys with AIG all got their bonuses despite requiring a government bailout.

And this is the point. If you capitalize gain and socialize risk (I.E. Too Big to Fail, TARP, Bailouts) there is really no disincentive for these ASSHOLES to take huge, foolish risks on the hope that if they pay off, they score big. If they fail. Meh. Government will bail us out.

Dumbfuck....so I guess the city you live in should come after you when you do a bad job in your factory work and cause the company to shut down, eh dumbfuck.

Oh, I don't see Obamination going after sCam Newton for being an overrated, overpaid asshole QB for the Carolina Panthers...he is stealing millions from their owner and fans.....

You idiots never stop being idiots.

But that isn't what happens.

Good or Bad, they still get their money.

Wagonneer ran GM so badly the government had to bail it out. He still got 12 million in salary and stock options when Obama insisted he be fired as part of the bailout.

Those guys with AIG all got their bonuses despite requiring a government bailout.

And this is the point. If you capitalize gain and socialize risk (I.E. Too Big to Fail, TARP, Bailouts) there is really no disincentive for these ASSHOLES to take huge, foolish risks on the hope that if they pay off, they score big. If they fail. Meh. Government will bail us out.

This stupidity can go on and on and on outside Wall Street.

Obamination can just regulate everything in America.

Some actor makes a flop movie, Obamination can step in and demand he repay the movie maker.

Some MLB player doesn't bat .200 after getting paid millions, well the Feds step in and tell him to repay some money.

Someone overcooks the fries at McDonalds, get on your Obama phone and call Obama for that teenager to repay his salary.

Awww, we all should be thrilled that Obama is so worried about what others pay is and wants to tackle that like all good little dictators would..

my gawd people how much more do you NEED TO SEE?

Many Wallstreet CEO's are more powerful than dictators of many countries. These CEO's worry about how much they can keep workers in poverty & on tax payer subsidies to boost their own CEO pay.

Last edited:
Dumbfuck....so I guess the city you live in should come after you when you do a bad job in your factory work and cause the company to shut down, eh dumbfuck.

Oh, I don't see Obamination going after sCam Newton for being an overrated, overpaid asshole QB for the Carolina Panthers...he is stealing millions from their owner and fans.....

Well, that's the point. If I did a bad job, I'd be fired.

Of course, I've done a good job, and got illegally fired once because I had run up medical bills. That's capitalism, and frankly, I'm fairly sick of it. Literally and figuratively.

But if you're a CEO and do a bad job, you not only get your big huge bonus and stock options, but if you fuck it up badly enough, the government comes by and gives you a bailout.

The rich are different. They have money.

Dumbfuck, get back to your factory job.

If a CEO is a bad CEO, he/she won't ever get paid big $$$ again unless some insane person like you is hiring him for another company.

Obamination can't even run the State Department so keep his nose out of Wall Street....the math is too hard for his tiny brain.

Well, that's the point. If I did a bad job, I'd be fired.

Of course, I've done a good job, and got illegally fired once because I had run up medical bills. That's capitalism, and frankly, I'm fairly sick of it. Literally and figuratively.

But if you're a CEO and do a bad job, you not only get your big huge bonus and stock options, but if you fuck it up badly enough, the government comes by and gives you a bailout.

The rich are different. They have money.

Why isn't it? .

Oh, please, the greedy will ALWAYS be greedy. If they cared about consequences, they wouldn't have fucked it all up as bad as they did.

They fuck up, they go to jail. Consequences. Just like the rest of us mere mortals have to face.

Sounds reasonable to me.

That may be the stupidest thing ever written here. It's as moronic as putting laid off workers in jail.

That may be the stupidest thing ever written here. It's as moronic as putting laid off workers in jail.

That's kind of what we are doing anyway, isn't it? We lock up 2 million people and we have 7 million on probation (Taking away their right to vote in the process. Otherwise, Republicans would never win an election.)

As I said, a really good prosecutor would be able to find SOME violatio of the law to charge these guys with, and they should.

And then get a jury of Workin' Joes to convict.

The next one will think twice about doing something stupid.

That's kind of what we are doing anyway, isn't it? We lock up 2 million people and we have 7 million on probation (Taking away their right to vote in the process. Otherwise, Republicans would never win an election.)

As I said, a really good prosecutor would be able to find SOME violatio of the law to charge these guys with, and they should.

And then get a jury of Workin' Joes to convict.

The next one will think twice about doing something stupid.

You were fired. You failed. Your gross incompetence caused other people to lose money. Ergo you are a criminal and should go to jail. Your jury should be capitalists. And Mormons. And after they find you guilty - and you are guilty - they should beat you with baseball bats and terrorize your family.

:thup:

[

You were fired. You failed. Your gross incompetence caused other people to lose money. Ergo you are a criminal and should go to jail. Your jury should be capitalists. And Mormons. And after they find you guilty - and you are guilty - they should beat you with baseball bats and terrorize your family.

No longer being able to actually argue teh point, Toro is back to the "let's take things Joe said completely out of context and accuse him of horrible things, because my pussy arguments are so weak."

I get it, man. You work in an industry you've admitted is based on bullshit and evil.

Sooooo Sorry you can't make your argument.

[

No longer being able to actually argue teh point, Toro is back to the "let's take things Joe said completely out of context and accuse him of horrible things, because my pussy arguments are so weak."

I get it, man. You work in an industry you've admitted is based on bullshit and evil.

Sooooo Sorry you can't make your argument.

Nope. Just taking your argument and turning it on its head. Maybe now you'll realize how stupid it is.

Why isn't it? .

Sounds reasonable to me.

Joe, you're an ignorant man filled with hatred and I can't help you. Go fuck yourself. :fu:

Forum List

Back