Obama seeks to keep military from voting with law suits on Ohio and other states

Democraps are now spinning it that it is unfair military get some different treatment than other people (code word for minorities in ghetto areas).

Exactly why would you give a fair shot at getting their vote counted to an American serviceman /woman who risks their life, travels to the other side of the world and leaves their family all of their own free will ?

That is as unfair as making someone show ID to prove who they are.

Dems have always fucked with absentee ballots
Experienced it first hand on active duty
Romney will "call" this asswipe Obama on it in the debates.

Active duty / retired - we don't need four more years of this "Commander In Chump"

Democraps are now spinning it that it is unfair military get some different treatment than other people (code word for minorities in ghetto areas).

Well, military sometimes face deployments right in the middle of an election, I've encountered it and needed to vote early before I left the USA. I also did absentee once because of a deployment and I don't know if my ballot ever counted compared to the chance to vote in a voting booth.

Democraps are showing their hatred of the military claiming this is special treatment and ignoring the situations military face unlike common voters especially those sitting on their asses drawing welfare checks with no chance of being out of the country on election day.

They took the last weekend of voting away from civilians in Ohio. There is no defensible argument for doing so while leaving the military people able to vote those 3 days.

It was clearly a partisan GOP ploy to disadvantage one group while exempting another, and the exempted group is known to vote disproportionately GOP. That is blatant discrimination for partisan gain.

You are an expert in the art of bullshit excuses.

Exactly why would you give a fair shot at getting their vote counted to an American serviceman /woman who risks their life, travels to the other side of the world and leaves their family all of their own free will ?

That is as unfair as making someone show ID to prove who they are.

Unfair? Unfair is when people with a certain agenda create a class that is "more equal" by NOT requiring certain voters to identify themselves to insure they are who they claim they are.
Acquiring an ID is a minimum requirement. Libs have deemed it a hardship.

Third day in a row someone has posted this story, by now most of the more rational conservatives have seen the glaring flaw in this line of attack but it looks we have some spectacularly uninformed people still left.

Humor us slow ones.

It's much more fun to watch you all wallow in ignorance rather than check a real news source.

It is fun isn't it. You got here first I will leave it to you to tell them. Don't expect them to believe it.

There is nothing in the suit that attempts to deprive active military from voting. In fact, it attempts to restore early in-person voting to everyone, including our vets. This post is based on a lie.

Is Obama challenging voting privileges of Ohio military members? - The Washington Post

You have just told the knuckle draggers a fact that has been at their disposal from the beginning. Will they be apologetic? NO. Will they admit error? NO. Will they continue the lie? ABSOLUTELY!

It is what they do.

Active duty / retired - we don't need four more years of this "Commander In Chump"

This has NOTHING to do with absentee ballots. UOCAVA voters are still covered under the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) Act (signed into law by DEMOCRAT President Barack Obama) which requires ballots be mailed 45 days before the election...AND requires that these voters can receive their ballots electronically.

This is about Republicans in Ohio wanting to take away in-person early voting away from all Ohio voters, with the exception being for Active Duty military. The DOJ wants the early voting restored for ALL Ohioans. (Which would include, I might add, over 900,000 military veterans.

While we are on the subject, (uber liberal) California has had laws for UOCAVA voters that go further than the MOVE Act calls for. We've had electronic delivery of ballots for many years and we send our ballots to UOCAVA voters 60 days in advance of the Election. Voters must return their ballots by fax or by mail. I'm not aware of any state which accepts ballots electronically.

Is it just coincidence that active military tend to vote (R)????

Which is why it seems really stupid to end early voting for 900,000 veterans, many who I know like to vote early in-person. (I work full time at an Elections Office...that allows early in-person voting 29 days before every Election)

This has NOTHING to do with absentee ballots. UOCAVA voters are still covered under the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) Act (signed into law by DEMOCRAT President Barack Obama) which requires ballots be mailed 45 days before the election...AND requires that these voters can receive their ballots electronically.

This is about Republicans in Ohio wanting to take away in-person early voting away from all Ohio voters, with the exception being for Active Duty military. The DOJ wants the early voting restored for ALL Ohioans. (Which would include, I might add, over 900,000 military veterans.

While we are on the subject, (uber liberal) California has had laws for UOCAVA voters that go further than the MOVE Act calls for. We've had electronic delivery of ballots for many years and we send our ballots to UOCAVA voters 60 days in advance of the Election. Voters must return their ballots by fax or by mail. I'm not aware of any state which accepts ballots electronically.
Then if all is well, why are they screwing with it?
Something stinks here.

Something stinks here.

Exactly. Why is the Ohio GOP screwing with early voting? You finally asked a sensible question.

Something stinks here.

Exactly. Why is the Ohio GOP screwing with early voting? You finally asked a sensible question.

I am not going to dignify that question with a response.
It does not rise to the level of stupid.
The fact is ,these types of schemes always lead to fraud.

Something stinks here.

I am not going to dignify that question with a response.
It does not rise to the level of stupid.
The fact is ,these types of schemes always lead to fraud.

In other words, you have no valid response.

No, early voting does not "always lead to fraud".

Third day in a row someone has posted this story, by now most of the more rational conservatives have seen the glaring flaw in this line of attack but it looks we have some spectacularly uninformed people still left.

I guess that explains why so many military organizations are joining the law suit.

The National Guard Association of the United States and more than a dozen other fraternal military groups asked a U.S. judge for permission to intervene in and oppose a lawsuit filed by President Barack Obama’s campaign challenging the fairness of Ohio’s early voting rules.
The campaign sued Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Secretary of State Jon Husted on July 17, claiming the state’s two-tiered early voting process violates the U.S. Constitution’s guarantees of equal protection under the law.

State law allows families of armed forces members and civilians overseas to vote through the Monday before an election while early voting for all other Ohioans ends the preceding Friday. The campaign seeks a court order invalidating the statutes.

“Members of the U.S. Armed Forces risk their lives to keep this nation safe and defend the fundamental constitutional right to vote,” the military groups said in in their request to intervene in the case.
‘Special Consideration’

“The Obama campaign’s and Democratic National Committee’s argument that it is arbitrary and unconstitutional to afford special consideration, flexibility, and accommodations to military voters to make it easier for them to vote in person is not only offensive, but flatly wrong as a matter of law,” the groups said.

They’re asking U.S. District Judge Peter C. Economus in Columbus, Ohio, for permission to join the case on the side of the state, and to oppose the the Obama campaign’s request for injunctive relief. A hearing is scheduled for Aug. 15.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Ohio Fights Obama Efforts to Nix Military Early Voting Suit
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!
Libtards will claim it is false because they hate the fact that libtards try to deny the military vote. They tried it in 2000 and ever since. Facts really confuse the feeble minded fools.

I guess that explains why so many military organizations are joining the law suit.

The National Guard Association of the United States and more than a dozen other fraternal military groups asked a U.S. judge for permission to intervene in and oppose a lawsuit filed by President Barack Obama’s campaign challenging the fairness of Ohio’s early voting rules.
The campaign sued Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Secretary of State Jon Husted on July 17, claiming the state’s two-tiered early voting process violates the U.S. Constitution’s guarantees of equal protection under the law.

State law allows families of armed forces members and civilians overseas to vote through the Monday before an election while early voting for all other Ohioans ends the preceding Friday. The campaign seeks a court order invalidating the statutes.

“Members of the U.S. Armed Forces risk their lives to keep this nation safe and defend the fundamental constitutional right to vote,” the military groups said in in their request to intervene in the case.
‘Special Consideration’

“The Obama campaign’s and Democratic National Committee’s argument that it is arbitrary and unconstitutional to afford special consideration, flexibility, and accommodations to military voters to make it easier for them to vote in person is not only offensive, but flatly wrong as a matter of law,” the groups said.

They’re asking U.S. District Judge Peter C. Economus in Columbus, Ohio, for permission to join the case on the side of the state, and to oppose the the Obama campaign’s request for injunctive relief. A hearing is scheduled for Aug. 15.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Ohio Fights Obama Efforts to Nix Military Early Voting Suit
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!
Libtards will claim it is false because they hate the fact that libtards try to deny the military vote. They tried it in 2000 and ever since. Facts really confuse the feeble minded fools.

People will claim its false because it is. The DOJ was not suing to stop early voting for the military, but have it reinstated for all Ohioans.

Notice libs are keeping quiet on this.

They know what Obama is trying to pull, and they hope peope won't notice. :eusa_shifty: :eusa_shhh:

You are not gonna see that crowd at MSNBC going batshit over this.
TM is no where to be found now that we have actual voter suppression.

Did either of you nimrods bother to read this thread and see how this issue has played out?

:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back