Obama seeks tax credits to aid veterans

Obama seeks tax credits to help veterans get jobs - politics - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is asking Congress to approve new initiatives to help some of America's 1 million unemployed military veterans find work, including tax credits for companies that hire out-of-work vets.

As much as I appretiate this feel good attempt to help out my fellow Vets.

It's unfair to the rest of the UE and is nothing short of discrimination.

I was on the other side of one of these ideas when coal miners struck, the state of Il offered deep benefits to hire miners making it impossible for qualified applicants to get a job.

Hopefully calmer heads will prevail and something will be done that helps everyone and not another temp surge like cash for clunkers.

two thumbs
we have found a gold mine of shale oil in many states
power companies are wanting to build nuclear plants as well as clean burning coal fired plants
All BHO is got to do is get out of the way and stop talking about raising taxes, the jobs atre out there
People who are sitting on the money in this country have no reason nor place right now to invest it

Ok

what does that have to do with tax breaks to hire Vets?

And I love how you assume "everyone" should agree with adding more loop holes that will increase the debt.

How about a tax loop hole to hire people on welfare?

Not THAT would have my full support if it meant they could get off welfare.

So wait, it wouldn't have your full support or it would? Furthermore, I don't see any problem with giving a Tax credit because someone is a Vet.

What I see going on in this thread is two thoughts colliding at the same time.

1.) This will have a major impact on non-Vets not getting jobs because of the Tax Credit.

2.) This will not have a major impact at all because the Tax Credit is so small.

Each thought contradicts the other. So which is it?

I think we're all making a lot of disparate ASSumptions which is causing this thread to be a confusing cluster fuck. :lol:

The federal gov't is not supposed to be favoring one group of citizens over another. Much as I'd like to see more vets getting jobs, this comes down to cherrypicking winners and losers primarily for political purposes. Obama: We're gonna cut the hell out of the defense budget, but hey, I wanna get more vets employed.

Other point is, this is not going to make much diffetence. We're not going to see many vet hired in the next 12 months anyway, with or without this tax credit. Could be wrong, usually am, but I'm not seeing this as the jobs plan we all need.

Obama seeks tax credits to help veterans get jobs - politics - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is asking Congress to approve new initiatives to help some of America's 1 million unemployed military veterans find work, including tax credits for companies that hire out-of-work vets.

As much as I appretiate this feel good attempt to help out my fellow Vets.

It's unfair to the rest of the UE and is nothing short of discrimination.

I was on the other side of one of these ideas when coal miners struck, the state of Il offered deep benefits to hire miners making it impossible for qualified applicants to get a job.

Hopefully calmer heads will prevail and something will be done that helps everyone and not another temp surge like cash for clunkers.

two thumbs
we have found a gold mine of shale oil in many states
power companies are wanting to build nuclear plants as well as clean burning coal fired plants
All BHO is got to do is get out of the way and stop talking about raising taxes, the jobs atre out there
People who are sitting on the money in this country have no reason nor place right now to invest it

Ok

what does that have to do with tax breaks to hire Vets?

Its a pure political move
Classic Obama
what happens in a year and the tax break is gone?
people hire people to help them make a profit and they have the work that requires more people
not for a tax break
Think about it
spending25-50-75,000 a year to obtain a tax break that would be at best in the 100s is, well its Obama

There is also nothing wrong with less regulations and supporting opportunities so those who are vets as well as those who are not so we can get our UE rate back to 4-5% as it was from basically 84-08
and those 6 million people who have lost jobs sense 08 can go back to work

This is all about democrats seeking to grab onto another voting block that has historically voted Republican. More of Johnson's "Great Society"

Likely true but hopefully with a positive outcome (in that it works to help employment for Vets)

Likely true?

I dont agree...maybe true?

Why do we have to assume that every good thing a President does is in the interest of votes?

Isnt it possible that he is sick and tired of brave Americans coming home to home foreclosures and car reposessions?

I am...and I dont need no stinkin votes.

True...and it disturbs me to see people think that vets can be bribed so easily.

New Topics

Forum List

Back