Obama Seeks Quick Approval of More Money for Overseas Military Operations

Brn2bfree

Apr 1, 2009

By New York Times
The Obama administration on Thursday asked Congress for quick approval of $83.4 billion to pay for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan and other overseas initiatives through Sept. 30.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wonder how this is settling in the stomachs of the Obama's base.
How about it there 'Pink Coded ladies' ?....and you move on dot idiots...
You don't have the balls ..(fortitude) to say anything to your Messiah.

You liberals have this cult type personality. You just happily drink your kool-aid!

By New York Times
The Obama administration on Thursday asked Congress for quick approval of $83.4 billion to pay for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan and other overseas initiatives through Sept. 30.

You liberals have this cult type personality. You just happily drink your kool-aid!

Why is this in the Flame Zone?

By New York Times

Why is this in the Flame Zone?

forward thinking on his part?

By New York Times

the O bama said he would bring the troops home...we must have faith in our dear leader
and if he changes his mind we must remember... the dear the leader would only do it to protect our freedoms ..unlike bush who did it for economic interest...for the dear leader is all things good...he is hope..he is change...people like you are dangerous to our country in this time of peril we need unity...

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, when asked during the democratic debate, only Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel could promise the troops would be home from Iraq by 2013.

This is a conundrum ... on one hand ending a war ASAP is the best idea for all involved, but how? Not sure if Obama himself actually promised to do anything like that, but I do recall something about him making such a statement (just don't listen to him myself so I have to take others word for it). What I don't get is why this move is such a bad one, because no matter how it will take money. Honestly, this is a neutral issue, and this move is also neutral, what's more important is what he will do with it.

This is a conundrum ... on one hand ending a war ASAP is the best idea for all involved, but how? Not sure if Obama himself actually promised to do anything like that, but I do recall something about him making such a statement (just don't listen to him myself so I have to take others word for it). What I don't get is why this move is such a bad one, because no matter how it will take money. Honestly, this is a neutral issue, and this move is also neutral, what's more important is what he will do with it.

Have you been in the catnip again ? What's "neutral" about $84 billion going to the war effort?

Have you been in the catnip again ? What's "neutral" about $84 billion going to the war effort?

The fact that it is something we really can't avoid, the amount may be a bit much, but do you really think forgetting about those over seas as a good idea? They need something, pulling back would be great, but even that costs money, no matter what, we're over there and something needs to be corrected, and no matter how it's corrected money will be needed. What about the bailouts? We could do without most of those easily. Obama is a douche, but even a clock is correct twice a day.

The fact that it is something we really can't avoid, the amount may be a bit much, but do you really think forgetting about those over seas as a good idea? They need something, pulling back would be great, but even that costs money, no matter what, we're over there and something needs to be corrected, and no matter how it's corrected money will be needed. What about the bailouts? We could do without most of those easily. Obama is a douche, but even a clock is correct twice a day.

in 2007 obama........

Obama's legislation, offered on the Senate floor last night, would remove all combat brigades from Iraq by March 31, 2008. The date falls within the parameters offered by the bipartisan Iraq Study Group, which recommended the removal of combat troops by the first quarter of next year.

Obama Bill Sets Date For Troop Withdrawal - washingtonpost.com

If I remember correctly, when asked during the democratic debate, only Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel could promise the troops would be home from Iraq by 2013.
Well, Bill Richardson was actually the most radical.

He vouched for an immediate withdrawal, even going as far as to suggest that we should leave expensive military hardware behind in the scramble to get out.

in 2007 obama........

Obama's legislation, offered on the Senate floor last night, would remove all combat brigades from Iraq by March 31, 2008. The date falls within the parameters offered by the bipartisan Iraq Study Group, which recommended the removal of combat troops by the first quarter of next year.

Obama Bill Sets Date For Troop Withdrawal - washingtonpost.com

Thanks, I thought he had made the promise somewhere just couldn't remember where. As I said, even a broken clock.

I think Obama has forget about his promise to bring them home. Is this 84 billion specifically earmarked for plane tickets home ?

I think Obama has forget about his promise to bring them home. Is this 84 billion specifically earmarked for plane tickets home ?

Don't know, but you do see that in order to bring them back money will be needed, which was the point I was making. Obama is a douche, but if he uses this money well then it's one of those rare times he is right.

Obama has not forgotten his promise about troop withdrawal timetables.

He just merely stepped into the reality of war with this situation.

In other words, politics necessitates that Obama stick to Bush's plan or else he will appear to be an ideologue that is more concerned about his standing with far left loons than the welfare of the country.

Well, what is not neutral about it is that it will be included in the budget.

Forum List

Back