Obama Scared to Take Random Questions at Press Conference

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KMAN, Feb 12, 2009.

1. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Munin

Munin VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95
    So much for free press huh?

But considering that it is in the white house, you could expect it to be subjective already because the white house itself always decides who gets in an who does not get in. But still ...

But I doubt that he will be able to pull this of outside of the white house.

3. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,002
    Well, the President clearly wasn't having any fun at that press conference, and as I watched him taking that long walk away from the podium, I just knew he was heading to the bathroom for a smoke.

4. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    the guys a joke...at his press conference he had guys like Ed Schultz sitting front row and he fielded questions from left leaning blog sites like the huffington post. lol

What an ass

Could you imagine if Bush had Hannity sitting fron trow at his press conference and fielded questions from ahrd core right leaning BLOGS!

Amazing!

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    You wingnuts keep saying that. Me? I think it's enough change to have someone who's not a blithering idiot in the white house. Funny that.

BTW, I've gone through your threads, and I can't seem to find the ones that talk about Baby Bush's treatment of Helen Thomas.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... :lol:

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,768
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf40boQhF6M]YouTube - O'Reilly & Goldberg Mock Helen Thomas[/ame]

:lol::lol:

7. Toome

Toome Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +259
    This type of press conference is usually very tightly controlled. The purpose was clearly to get a certain message out regardless of the type of questions asked. This is not unique to any one particular president or political party; this is how the White House gets its message out.

The other thing is that President Obama is still on his honeymoon with the media. Again, nothing new here; happens to every president. It will only be a matter of weeks before the news media begins to conduct its sniper attacks against the president or ambushing administration officials during interviews.

8. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,002
    I don't ever recall seeing a press conference being this tightly controlled. Obama appeared to be reading the names of the reporters he called on from a list that had been given to him and didn't appear to even recognize some of the reporters he called on. It is not so much that Obama is still on a honeymoon with the media as that media access to Obama and other top administration officials is being tightly controlled by the White House, my guess is by Axelrod, and this contrasts sharply with the last administration, which was accused of being secretive, in which people like Rumsfeld, Cheney, Powell and Wolfowitz spoke to the media whenever they chose to and made their own decisions about what to say.

The Obama team presents a more unified message that seems to be playing well with the public, but it certainly isn't the open and transparent government he had promised. Of course, they've only been in office for a month, and once Axelrod develops more confidence in Obama's ability to stand on his own two feet at a press conference, perhaps they'll open up the questions to more reporters.

While their message is unified, the fact that Obama had promised that Geithner would present a detailed bank rescue plan the next day and that Geithner was criticized by almost everyone because the plan lacked details makes me think the administration is less on the same page than the tightly controlled message they are putting out would suggest.

9. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Funny how he can talk and answer the quetion at the same time.

Unfuckingbelievable shit from the right.

10. Meister

Meister Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,102
    Ray, I just love how you do a hit and run in this forum. You bring nothing to the table except for your stupidity. If you had heard Obama's "Question, and Answer", your right...he does talk. but, leaves the question unanswered. This is coming from an Independent...OK?