Obama Scared to Take Random Questions at Press Conference

So much for free press huh?

But considering that it is in the white house, you could expect it to be subjective already because the white house itself always decides who gets in an who does not get in. But still ...

But I doubt that he will be able to pull this of outside of the white house.

the guys a joke...at his press conference he had guys like Ed Schultz sitting front row and he fielded questions from left leaning blog sites like the huffington post. lol

What an ass

Could you imagine if Bush had Hannity sitting fron trow at his press conference and fielded questions from ahrd core right leaning BLOGS!

Amazing!

No wonder the journalists bow to this guy... They have to kiss his ass so they don't get cut off from asking questions....

Now that's "Change" for you.

Barack Obama Prescreens Reporters at Press-Conference - WSJ.com

You wingnuts keep saying that. Me? I think it's enough change to have someone who's not a blithering idiot in the white house. Funny that.

BTW, I've gone through your threads, and I can't seem to find the ones that talk about Baby Bush's treatment of Helen Thomas.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf40boQhF6M]YouTube - O'Reilly & Goldberg Mock Helen Thomas[/ame]

:lol::lol:

This type of press conference is usually very tightly controlled. The purpose was clearly to get a certain message out regardless of the type of questions asked. This is not unique to any one particular president or political party; this is how the White House gets its message out.

The other thing is that President Obama is still on his honeymoon with the media. Again, nothing new here; happens to every president. It will only be a matter of weeks before the news media begins to conduct its sniper attacks against the president or ambushing administration officials during interviews.

This type of press conference is usually very tightly controlled. The purpose was clearly to get a certain message out regardless of the type of questions asked. This is not unique to any one particular president or political party; this is how the White House gets its message out.

The other thing is that President Obama is still on his honeymoon with the media. Again, nothing new here; happens to every president. It will only be a matter of weeks before the news media begins to conduct its sniper attacks against the president or ambushing administration officials during interviews.

I don't ever recall seeing a press conference being this tightly controlled. Obama appeared to be reading the names of the reporters he called on from a list that had been given to him and didn't appear to even recognize some of the reporters he called on. It is not so much that Obama is still on a honeymoon with the media as that media access to Obama and other top administration officials is being tightly controlled by the White House, my guess is by Axelrod, and this contrasts sharply with the last administration, which was accused of being secretive, in which people like Rumsfeld, Cheney, Powell and Wolfowitz spoke to the media whenever they chose to and made their own decisions about what to say.

The Obama team presents a more unified message that seems to be playing well with the public, but it certainly isn't the open and transparent government he had promised. Of course, they've only been in office for a month, and once Axelrod develops more confidence in Obama's ability to stand on his own two feet at a press conference, perhaps they'll open up the questions to more reporters.

While their message is unified, the fact that Obama had promised that Geithner would present a detailed bank rescue plan the next day and that Geithner was criticized by almost everyone because the plan lacked details makes me think the administration is less on the same page than the tightly controlled message they are putting out would suggest.

Funny how he can talk and answer the quetion at the same time.

Unfuckingbelievable shit from the right.

Ray, I just love how you do a hit and run in this forum. You bring nothing to the table except for your stupidity. If you had heard Obama's "Question, and Answer", your right...he does talk. but, leaves the question unanswered. This is coming from an Independent...OK?

Ray, I just love how you do a hit and run in this forum. You bring nothing to the table except for your stupidity. If you had heard Obama's "Question, and Answer", your right...he does talk. but, leaves the question unanswered. This is coming from an Independent...OK?

Well, one he is the first African American President, hes pretty young, and he has a world of ,for lack of better word, shit to get us out of because people like you voted BUSH in so maybe you should give Obama a break on trying to have a little bit of structure to his conference, politicians get nervous to. Um Secondly I agree with Ray how did he leave question unanswered. I watched it and I thought he answered the questions asked pretty well and clear. And third if you can debate without calling someone stupid it kinda makes you look like you have nothing to say other than insult the person who nullifies your point which lacks rationality. Oh wait i forgot that's what republicans do. haha just like you guys to tear a persons feelings or personal life down when you cant support your argument.

Last edited:
Obama continues to run from any real question setting.

He has been on the road promoting the stimulus, the foreclosure mega billions boondoggle, etc. Never has a newly elected president spent such little time doing a hands on ochestration of a new administration within the White House. Might be why the administration has been in such a shambles since day one.

Also, it was quite odd that Obama chose to sign the stimulus bill away from DC - with none of the actual architects of the bill surrounding him. That kind of gesture has to have the Dem leadership seething.

The guy is incredibly insulated, with an increasingly false sense of security giving way to overt signs of discomfort. His message veers wildly from one extreme to the other, and all the while, Rome if not yet burning, is sparking around him.

There is a growing unease in this country - not yet enough for the majority to openly dispute Obama's leadership, but that undercurrent of increased disatisfaction is there.

RealClearPolitics - Video - CNBC's Santelli Calls For New "Tea Party" On Trading Floor

Well, one he is the first African American President, hes pretty young, and he has a world of ,for lack of better word, shit to get us out of because people like you voted BUSH in so maybe you should give Obama a break on trying to have a little bit of structure to his conference, politicians get nervous to. Um Secondly I agree with Ray how did he leave question unanswered. I watched it and I thought he answered the questions asked pretty well and clear. And third if you can debate without calling someone stupid it kinda makes you look like you have nothing to say other than insult the person who nullifies your point which lacks rationality. Oh wait i forgot that's what republicans do. haha just like you guys to tear a persons feelings or personal life down when you cant support your argument.

Apperently you don't read ray's posts. You wouldn't be blathering to defend his nonsense. I haven't seen you hammer him for the name calling...oh, yeah, he's a dumbocrat...that's an automatic excuse. next...if you read and comprehended my post..it wasn't that long...I'm not a republican, I'm an independent.
Now let's get down to your post. I don't see Obama as the first black president, or that he's "pretty young". I see him as the leader of the greatest country in the world. A country where if we sneeze, the world gets a cold. I see a man who said he will have a transparent government...everything has been pretty cloudy so far. Next..."Question, and Answer"....I don't know why it takes 17 minutes to answer a fairly simple "canned" question...except, maybe to baffle us with bullshit. It would take a liberal fool to say that the questions were answered clearly. But you being a liberal wing nut...I can understand that. Also, As far as Bush getting us into this mess...remember, your liberal dems had control of the senate, and the Congress when the economy went to hell, so stop bashing Bush for the failures. Oh yeah..one more thing...reading another thread of yours...go smoke a doobie and clear your head.
PS, I wear your hit list as a badge of honor...I've done my job well.

Last edited:
No wonder the journalists bow to this guy... They have to kiss his ass so they don't get cut off from asking questions....

Now that's "Change" for you.

Barack Obama Prescreens Reporters at Press-Conference - WSJ.com

After George W. Bush, I didn't think it could get worse. I was clearly mistaken. If America can just limp along until November 2010, maybe real Conservatives can take Congress. In the meantime, things are looking very, very bad.

Obama continues to run from any real question setting.

He has been on the road promoting the stimulus, the foreclosure mega billions boondoggle, etc. Never has a newly elected president spent such little time doing a hands on ochestration of a new administration within the White House. Might be why the administration has been in such a shambles since day one.

Also, it was quite odd that Obama chose to sign the stimulus bill away from DC - with none of the actual architects of the bill surrounding him. That kind of gesture has to have the Dem leadership seething.

The guy is incredibly insulated, with an increasingly false sense of security giving way to overt signs of discomfort. His message veers wildly from one extreme to the other, and all the while, Rome if not yet burning, is sparking around him.

There is a growing unease in this country - not yet enough for the majority to openly dispute Obama's leadership, but that undercurrent of increased disatisfaction is there.

RealClearPolitics - Video - CNBC's Santelli Calls For New "Tea Party" On Trading Floor

Are you fucking kidding me? That was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in my damn life.

They don't mind getting bailouts for their own fucking businesses. Fucking hacks.

Last edited:

Well, one he is the first African American President, hes pretty young

Making excuses for him already ?

Here's a crazy thought, maybe he should have gotten a little more seasoned before running for the highest office in the nation ? ....... :eusa_whistle:

Here's a crazy thought, maybe he should have gotten a little more seasoned before running for the highest office in the nation ? ....... :eusa_whistle:

Um Ok Anne Coulture? How about you dont leave out the rest of my post and then maybe ill recognize your argument. And if you want to talk about getting seasoned for presidency? Here's a crazy thought maybe Bush should have stuck to being a party boy and owning part of a baseball team and NOT running for president where he would later involve all of America in his Business and personal life. Let's be blunt, America dosent care if you never added up to anything in your father's eyes. And also America dosent want to send there children, husbands, fathers, mothers, and wives off to do battle for his own personal gain.

Um Ok Anne Coulture? How about you dont leave out the rest of my post and then maybe ill recognize your argument. And if you want to talk about getting seasoned for presidency? Here's a crazy thought maybe Bush should have stuck to being a party boy and owning part of a baseball team and NOT running for president where he would later involve all of America in his Business and personal life. Let's be blunt, America dosent care if you never added up to anything in your father's eyes. And also America dosent want to send there children, husbands, fathers, mothers, and wives off to do battle for his own personal gain.

Umm, I don't think anyone was making excuses for Bush, like you were doing for Obama. Just an observation.
PS can I make your list twice????

Ummm Ok Nancy Pelosi ? Obama should have stuck to hanging with terrorists and racist preachers while continuing to vote present. Let's be blunt, the left in America doesn't care if Obama's wife was never proud of this country. Also, America doesn't want THEIR grandchildren to foot the bill for Obama's and dems porkulus programs.

Umm, I don't think anyone was making excuses for Bush, like you were doing for Obama. Just an observation.
PS can I make your list twice????

correct, that whizzing sound was the point sailing over this morons head ....

Forum List

Back