Obama Says You're On Your Own Without Him. Good. Who Needs Him.

ap_barack_obama_san_francisco_ll_111025_wblog.jpg

At a million-dollar San Francisco fundraiser yesterday, President Obama told his supporters that if he loses the 2012 election it could usher in a new, painful era of self-reliance in America.

OH MY GOD!!!!

Not a self-reliant America! We can't have that. We need an America that depends on government, not one where the working folks can take care of themselves comfortably. (That doesn't expand government)

“The one thing that we absolutely know for sure is that if we don’t work even harder than we did in 2008, then we’re going to have a government that tells the American people, ‘you are on your own,’” Obama told a crowd of 200 donors over lunch at the W Hotel.

“If you get sick, you’re on your own. If you can’t afford college, you’re on your own. If you don’t like that some corporation is polluting your air or the air that your child breathes, then you’re on your own he said. “That’s not the America I believe in. It’s not the America you believe in.”

Just imagine an America without Obama. Wouldn't it be great. No more arguing over abortion, homosexuality, whether or not I can have fries with that or not. I could maybe get refinanced without a special favor from a corrupt President. We could maybe get our GD space program back.

Maybe energy prices would start going down because some of our oil reserves would be reopened. We wouldn't have to worry about radical Muslims taking over the Middle East anymore because our President won't be kissing up to them on one hand and murdering them in cold-blood on another.

Maybe we could stop the government from suing us for trying to enforce our immigration laws. Maybe we wouldn't have a Department of Justice that gives guns to drug-traffickers, or favors one race over another. Maybe we wouldn't have to worry about teacher's unions trying to bankrupt our states. Wouldn't that be great.

Maybe we can end this practice of paying for campaigns, bus-tours, and handing out thousands of copies of your book (Dreams Of My Father) and sticking the taxpayer with the bill.

Maybe we could have a government that doesn't throw billions away on pet-projects that have no sustainability and only end up taking the money right before they go bankrupt. Maybe we could have a government that starts cutting what needs to be cut and quits promising more and more spending.

Maybe we could have a government that doesn't try to buy influence abroad with our enemies by giving them foreign-aide.

And finally maybe we could get some decent leaders because these days nobody worthwhile would want the damned job. Who wants to become a target from the left and their biased media.

Now if we could just get rid of half the other lousy politicians we'd be doing great. You know, people that solve problems instead of constantly causing them on purpose.

Self Reliance??? Did he even pronounce it right? :lol:

All I can think to say is Thank You!!! :)

How long did it take you to plow the streets last snow storm? :lol::lol::lol:

You are admitting that Obama and Bloomberg both were the Plow Drivers assigned to my street, that were allegedly caught playing Poker at the IHOP on Northern Blvd, while on the clock? I heard about that. I heard they stiffed the waitress on her tip too. Evil Bastards that they are.

I'm generally out there in the snow 6 hours on average digging out, that includes other people's cars on my street, Neighbor's sidewalks, and Fire Hydrants too.

The thing is, usually when the snow hits 1" to 2" inches, it's past time for salting. Once it reaches 1' to 2' and stays that way for days (3-5) with all the four wheel drives running around, it ends up packing to about 6" of solid ice. That is a problem for the plows when they finally show up. See, the Salting would have helped that, had it been done. Bloomberg is a bad comparison to Guilani concerning snow plowing. Guilani got it done, Bloomberg got played.

I am very Self Reliant Sallow, Our Taxes clearly cover Snow Removal, and that does take priority over your buddies getting free Cell Phone Service, and Play money. See, the Clear Streets help Everyone, and keep us all safe, allot closer to General Welfare in Spirit, than Free Metro Cards for the select. ;)
Keep up the cheer-leading though, I wouldn't be surprised if a seat opens up for you on Bloomberg's leer jet, next Christmas, hopefully there won't be a blizzard this year.:lol:

So - medicare, air pollution restrictions, and financial aid for college are amongst the things y'all have an issue with?

“If you get sick, you’re on your own. If you can’t afford college, you’re on your own. If you don’t like that some corporation is polluting your air or the air that your child breathes, then you’re on your own,” he said. “That’s not the America I believe in. It’s not the America you believe in.”

That brings up an interesting question, why aren't these ows freaks who are complaining about education costs protesting the overpaid profs and colleges?

As Newt (!!) said on Today, they have as many administrators and clerks as Profs and teachers now...

The question stands despite your non answer deflection

That was my answer. Perhaps they are.

Then why are none of them protesting on campuses?

Because it's not where the gatherings are occuring - and the gatherings were born out of the corruption of Greed & Government. If they agree with the entirety, or most, of the protest, why would they seek to move/divide it? It doesn't make sense. The Education signs are there though, I know that's fact.

They are? Where?

It's implied when they say: "Education is too expensive," is it not?

I'm not getting your point either, really.

Protesting on campus would give your assertion some credibility, but they aren't doing that. Protesting Wall street complaing about education explains why they have no credibility.

Oh sure I am. They are going after collective bargaining rights nation wide. They are trying to break the Postal service in order to privatize it. They've been defunding fire departments, nationally. They've been talking about getting rid of the department of education and privatizing it. I have a valid argument and you calling me an "ass" doesn't squash it.

Collective bargaining in government is the cause of most of the deficit spending.
If the Postal Service went private they might just servive.
What has the department of education done to make college more affordable, or assure that every child is able to get a job?

Nothing. Isn't that their job?

Food for thought:

Who Rules America: Who Really Ruled in Dahl's New Haven?

Sadly, Muddy is fasting.

Not really.

Explain how this has changed.

Yale is still a privilaged institution.

Speaking of the privilaged, did you know that Washington DC currently has the highest wage-scale in the country?

I wonder how that happened under a President that's supposed to be standing up for the little guy?

Last edited:
So - medicare, air pollution restrictions, and financial aid for college are amongst the things y'all have an issue with?

“If you get sick, you’re on your own. If you can’t afford college, you’re on your own. If you don’t like that some corporation is polluting your air or the air that your child breathes, then you’re on your own,” he said. “That’s not the America I believe in. It’s not the America you believe in.”

When I was sick, I did what I had to do when I was poor. Used the ER and paid them what I could. I took out a loan for college.
And no one is saying lets let the corporations pollute the air. We are referring to crippling regulations that are less intrusive on our environment...Like my client who was forced to widen his loading bays by 6 inches even though they met code when he purchased the property and never had a "space" related accident of any kind...and after the large out of pocket cost during a recession....you cant even see the difference.
Not to mention the 2 weeks loss of shipping ability during the construction.

The question stands despite your non answer deflection

Then why are none of them protesting on campuses?

Because they keep coming up with new stuff, new support, new encouragement. I think it would be a great idea for the DNC, the Teachers Union's, the Government Workers Union's to just open up all of their accounts to bank roll these people openly. Why not just pay for them to stay at some of our finest Hotels? They deserve it. Why not give up your jobs for them too, they are qualified, right? It is the right thing to do, you must admit that. Go on GT. :lol:

They are? Where?

Protesting on campus would give your assertion some credibility, but they aren't doing that. Protesting Wall street complaing about education explains why they have no credibility.

Like protesting on Wall Street to complain about not getting enough government handouts also lends itself to the lack of credibility. :)

They are? Where?

Protesting at all gives them credibility. They are Americans and they are patriotic for attempting to use their voices to affect change.

Like protesting on Wall Street to complain about not getting enough government handouts also lends itself to the lack of credibility. :)

:eusa_shhh:

When I was sick, I did what I had to do when I was poor. Used the ER and paid them what I could. I took out a loan for college.
And no one is saying lets let the corporations pollute the air. We are referring to crippling regulations that are less intrusive on our environment...Like my client who was forced to widen his loading bays by 6 inches even though they met code when he purchased the property and never had a "space" related accident of any kind...and after the large out of pocket cost during a recession....you cant even see the difference.

Corporations don't HAVE crippling regulations - their profits are at an all time high - that's not crippled.

Also - you're deflecting.

You've a problem with what Obama said, yet to his point: medicare, pollutions, financial aid------you're not disagreeing with him.

Corporations don't HAVE crippling regulations - their profits are at an all time high - that's not crippled.

You've a problem with what Obama said, yet to his point: medicare, pollutions, financial aid------you're not disagreeing with him.

LOL NOPE THEY DONT, THATS WHY THEY ARE EXPANDING AT RECORD LEVEL PACES. :lol:

LOL NOPE THEY DONT, THATS WHY THEY ARE EXPANDING AT RECORD LEVEL PACES. :lol:

Their profits ARE expanding. You dispute this?

Much as you on the right would like to believe that American cultural tradition is one of self-reliance, you are only half right. Collective action and community are as much a part of our culture and self-image as self-reliance and competition. Sure, you had settler families bravely crossing the prairie to build a new life for themselves, but you had those same families working together and taking care of each other, and organizing to elect a sheriff and civilize the place as soon as possible.

Look at the complaints leveled by Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence against the British government. More than half of them were complaints that the King was providing the colonies too little government:

Thomas Jefferson said:
He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

In times like these, when things aren't good and the economy is in shambles, the communitarian side of our culture comes to the fore and the individualist side goes into disrepute. Like it or not, many people -- most Americans at this time -- will respond well to what Obama was saying.

He may be a hypocrite and a liar who doesn't keep his promises, but politically speaking he's no fool. He knows exactly what he's doing, and it will work for him.

ap_barack_obama_san_francisco_ll_111025_wblog.jpg

At a million-dollar San Francisco fundraiser yesterday, President Obama told his supporters that if he loses the 2012 election it could usher in a new, painful era of self-reliance in America.

OH MY GOD!!!!

Not a self-reliant America! We can't have that. We need an America that depends on government, not one where the working folks can take care of themselves comfortably. (That doesn't expand government)

“The one thing that we absolutely know for sure is that if we don’t work even harder than we did in 2008, then we’re going to have a government that tells the American people, ‘you are on your own,’” Obama told a crowd of 200 donors over lunch at the W Hotel.

“If you get sick, you’re on your own. If you can’t afford college, you’re on your own. If you don’t like that some corporation is polluting your air or the air that your child breathes, then you’re on your own he said. “That’s not the America I believe in. It’s not the America you believe in.”

Just imagine an America without Obama. Wouldn't it be great. No more arguing over abortion, homosexuality, whether or not I can have fries with that or not. I could maybe get refinanced without a special favor from a corrupt President. We could maybe get our GD space program back.

Maybe energy prices would start going down because some of our oil reserves would be reopened. We wouldn't have to worry about radical Muslims taking over the Middle East anymore because our President won't be kissing up to them on one hand and murdering them in cold-blood on another.

Maybe we could stop the government from suing us for trying to enforce our immigration laws. Maybe we wouldn't have a Department of Justice that gives guns to drug-traffickers, or favors one race over another. Maybe we wouldn't have to worry about teacher's unions trying to bankrupt our states. Wouldn't that be great.

Maybe we can end this practice of paying for campaigns, bus-tours, and handing out thousands of copies of your book (Dreams Of My Father) and sticking the taxpayer with the bill.

Maybe we could have a government that doesn't throw billions away on pet-projects that have no sustainability and only end up taking the money right before they go bankrupt. Maybe we could have a government that starts cutting what needs to be cut and quits promising more and more spending.

Maybe we could have a government that doesn't try to buy influence abroad with our enemies by giving them foreign-aide.

And finally maybe we could get some decent leaders because these days nobody worthwhile would want the damned job. Who wants to become a target from the left and their biased media.

Now if we could just get rid of half the other lousy politicians we'd be doing great. You know, people that solve problems instead of constantly causing them on purpose.

shit mon! I can't wait.

Forum List

Back