Obama Says You're On Your Own Without Him. Good. Who Needs Him.

Um..first off, public employees on the whole make less then those in the private sector, but have better benefits. But overall, we shouldn't be asking why the public sector has better benefits..we should be asking why the private sector has shitty ones.

Really?

Why?

What different does it make? People have a choice where they want to work....private or public...a company with medical, a company without....good retirement benefots, or a non match 401 (K)...

You know...choices are great....why make everything cookie cutter?

It makes ALOT of difference. I find it amazing not one of you question the wealth disparity in this country. I find it amazing not one of you doesn't find that 470:1 executive to employee compensation is completely out of whack. Without minimum wage laws and overtime rules, corporations would be paying pennies to employees and working them to death. It seems that people are :gasp: really greedy.

And history shows that when wealth disparity gets to great..something breaks.

And thus why we have minimum wage and overtime laws.

Curious....do you look for the best price on an item that you buy....like a TV?

Why are you allowed to try to spend as little as you can get away with, but business owner cant?

People ARE greedy...we want to make as much money as we can and spend as little of it as we can while satisfying our desire for "stuff".

Is there something wrong with that?

And she was the one injecting religion into politics.

And thus why she lost.

What I found interesting was how the MSM...and the left in general.....was more wrapped up in her curiosity about witchcraft as a child than they were about her injecting religion into politics as a candidate.

Why?

She was all over the place on religion. And she had some really crazy views.

Read my post again.
Your response doesnt add up.

And she was the one injecting religion into politics.

And thus why she lost.

What I found interesting was how the MSM...and the left in general.....was more wrapped up in her curiosity about witchcraft as a child than they were about her injecting religion into politics as a candidate.

Why?

She was all over the place on religion. And she had some really crazy views.
So, religion is important to you in governing.

Interesting coming from the left, in a hypocritical sense.

First of all.......the numerous Palin threads are an example of how the left have nothing constructive to post....so lets put that to rest.

regarding this thread......it is of great importance and the fact that you see it as trivial speaks volumes.

The President of the United States...a land that was built on personal responsibility.......admits that he sees Government as all important in the lives of the American People.

SO that being said, Americans can now go to the polls next november and decide....do we want a President who feels we need his help to suiccceeed or do we want a President who will allow us to go out and succeed on our own as our forefathers did.

Now...dont deflect with "you want the people to fix their own roads and police their own neiughborhoods".....for you know dam well that I am not referring to those basic expectations of the government by the people.

I will not deflect. Local government is broke, most state governments are broke and the federal government is broken. Of course, that can be debated on another thread, one in which I have personal and professional experience at all three levels.

My question is, what constructive ideas are offered by those 'New Righter's? In my life experience, I have seen the rise of the New Left (in the 60's) and the rise of the New Right (in the late 90's); both movements were iconoclastic to the extreme and divisive to the extreme.

So I ask, what form of government/society/culture do you wish to live in and leave to our posterity?

First of all...thanks for the new word...iconoclastic...needed to look that one up....love it when I learn a new word (no sarcasm there)

As for your final question...that is a very deep question and requires thought before I answer it.....I have never actually presented myself with that question.

It is a deep question, one explored by Ayn Rand and George Orwell, B.F Skinner and H.D. Thoreau. It is not one which can be contemplated and then expressed in sound bites or simple phrases, which is why I hold the echo chamber in such disdain. The form of government handed down to us for generations requires an informed electorate, one which does ask difficult questions and examines motives with an open mind and an open heart.

curious about witchcraft when she was a teenager?

or when she was a grown assed adult doing frequent appearances on a Political talk/comedy show :razz:

What a candidate does as an adult is worthy of debate.
What a candidate does as a kid is worth squat.

Of course, when it came to Obama, what he did as an adult was ALSO deemed by the left as not worthy of debate.

Curious about witchcraft as a teenager is bad, bad, bad
Not knowing or caring that your mentor as an adult has strong radical views is irrelevant, irrelevant, irrelevant.

It was deemed not worthy of debate?

It was brought up on CNN, ABC, shit even MSNBC to point to how hard Fox was pimping it......it was brought up in debates vs. Hillary, debates vs. McCain........

the media played the fuck out of Palin's comment "palling around with terrorists."

I think what happened was - most Americans didn't give as big a shit about Wright and Ayers as you did, and you're so shocked that they disagree with you that you incessantly bring it up, over and over and over.

***EDIT TO ADD - he was also challenged about Wright and Ayers on the most watched interview of that election cycle - the O'Reilly interview.

And I guess the voters decided how they felt about the witchcraft kook too, huh?

Pro-Tip: she was an *ADULT* ON BILL MAHER'S SHOW WHEN SHE WAS DEFENDING WITCHCRAFT.

Last edited:
or when she was a grown assed adult doing frequent appearances on a Political talk/comedy show :razz:

Of course, when it came to Obama, what he did as an adult was ALSO deemed by the left as not worthy of debate.

Not knowing or caring that your mentor as an adult has strong radical views is irrelevant, irrelevant, irrelevant.

It was brought up on CNN, ABC, shit even MSNBC to point to how hard Fox was pimping it......it was brought up in debates vs. Hillary, debates vs. McCain........

the media played the fuck out of Palin's comment "palling around with terrorists."

I think what happened was - most Americans didn't give as big a shit about Wright and Ayers as you did, and you're so shocked that they disagree with you that you incessantly bring it up, over and over and over.

And I guess the voters decided how they felt about the witchcraft kook too, huh?

Pro-Tip: she was an *ADULT* ON BILL MAHER'S SHOW WHEN SHE WAS DEFENDING WITCHCRAFT.
Why would someone's religion be important when choosing them for a governing position?

Really?

Why?

What different does it make? People have a choice where they want to work....private or public...a company with medical, a company without....good retirement benefots, or a non match 401 (K)...

You know...choices are great....why make everything cookie cutter?

It makes ALOT of difference. I find it amazing not one of you question the wealth disparity in this country. I find it amazing not one of you doesn't find that 470:1 executive to employee compensation is completely out of whack. Without minimum wage laws and overtime rules, corporations would be paying pennies to employees and working them to death. It seems that people are :gasp: really greedy.

Why are you allowed to try to spend as little as you can get away with, but business owner cant?

People ARE greedy...we want to make as much money as we can and spend as little of it as we can while satisfying our desire for "stuff".

Why?

Because we should recognize that greed isn't a good or bad thing. But that it exists.

And there's really nothing wrong with it. But people with access to vast amounts of liquidity will do their very best to get most of it.

So there should be parameters set both ways. On minimum wage and maximum wage.

Wealth, by itself, is not the problem. Obscene out of whack wealth..is..

Why would someone's religion be important when choosing them for a governing position?

It's not, so long as that person realizes that religion and politics don't mix.

I guess it all depends on what Religion you're talking about. Clearly, some are more blatantly nuts than others - which is a pretty decent "peek" at how Gullible a person would be in office.

Why?

Because we should recognize that greed isn't a good or bad thing. But that it exists.

And there's really nothing wrong with it. But people with access to vast amounts of liquidity will do their very best to get most of it.

Maximum wage?
We will never agree on that idea.
What right does anyone have to say that someone cant pay as much as they want to someone else?

No need to answer that question....as valid as you may think your answer is, I will see it as rediculous.

Wow....we really dont agree on that at all....

I'd rather be on my own than relying on this hateful, useless so called leader.

Yeah yeah...after the C student who asked god about invading Iraq, doubled the national debt and wrecked the economy I'm sure a civilized Harvard man gripes your ass to high heaven.

Interesting how you know Bush's college grades and use them to disparage him, but you and many others felt it rediculous and trivial that voters wanted to know Obamas grades.

I don't need either one of their grades:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4320253

I'd rather be on my own than relying on this hateful, useless so called leader.

Yeah yeah...after the C student who asked god about invading Iraq, doubled the national debt and wrecked the economy I'm sure a civilized Harvard man gripes your ass to high heaven.

Interesting how you know Bush's college grades and use them to disparage him, but you and many others felt it rediculous and trivial that voters wanted to know Obamas grades.

Actually I don't need to know either of their grades. I learn by watching and listening:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ux3DKxxFoM]President Bush -- Fool me Once - YouTube[/ame]

I guess it all depends on what Religion you're talking about. Clearly, some are more blatantly nuts than others - which is a pretty decent "peek" at how Gullible a person would be in office.

I agree that some seem to be blatantly nuts to us....but that doesnt mean that those who follow it see it as baltantly nuts.....

But such is why a candidates religion is an important topic...as you say....

But why was it rediculous for voters to show concern about the church Obama attended?

I mean....we articulated our concerns that a man that wanted us to vote for him referred to a man with a very radical view of race relations and US policy as his "mentor"..

And we were referred to as racists for showing such concern.

Why?

Maximum wage?
What right does anyone have to say that someone cant pay as much as they want to someone else?

No need to answer that question....as valid as you may think your answer is, I will see it as rediculous.

Although I don't agree on the having a "maximum wage" idea, I can't deny that too much wealth being funneled to such a small, tiny portion of people is bad for mankind in general. And when that happens, something needs to be done about it.

But you did...for you felt the need to mention Bush's grades as you disparaged him.

SO again I ask....why do you use Bush's grades to disparage him but you and others felt knowing Obama's grades was unimportant?

Why?

Maximum wage?

When you ask a question, you should never say there's no need to answer it..because it shows how close minded you actually are..

What right?

The same right that says you can't pay someone below a certain rate.

That right.

I agree that some seem to be blatantly nuts to us....but that doesnt mean that those who follow it see it as baltantly nuts.....

But such is why a candidates religion is an important topic...as you say....

But why was it rediculous for voters to show concern about the church Obama attended?

I mean....we articulated our concerns that a man that wanted us to vote for him referred to a man with a very radical view of race relations and US policy as his "mentor"..

And we were referred to as racists for showing such concern.

It's not ridiculous for them to show concern, but unfortunately for you - the majority's concern about it was far less than yours. Me included.

Reverend Wright was a Military hero *and* was held in high regard by, get this, THE CATHOLIC CHURCH! before all of the smearing and taking quotes out of context began.

Sorry, but unless you are going out and fetching your only water, have a generator running in the house you built, carry your own weapons, are ready to fight your own fires, travel to your own business on roads you built in a mode of transportation that you created and eat food from your own farm..you are already "dependent" on government.

That's no accident. That through centuries of tweaking society so it works for us.

And I for one..do not want to break that.

You are acting like an ass.

You know dam well such government services are not what conservatives refer to when they talk about unecessary government involvement in our lives.

You are not engaging in an honest debate....and that speaks volumes to me.

Oh sure I am. They are going after collective bargaining rights nation wide. They are trying to break the Postal service in order to privatize it. They've been defunding fire departments, nationally. They've been talking about getting rid of the department of education and privatizing it. I have a valid argument and you calling me an "ass" doesn't squash it.

Collective bargaining in government is the cause of most of the deficit spending.
If the Postal Service went private they might just servive.
What has the department of education done to make college more affordable, or assure that every child is able to get a job?

Nothing. Isn't that their job?

Why?

Maximum wage?

Although I don't agree on the having a "maximum wage" idea, I can't deny that too much wealth being funneled to such a small, tiny portion of people is bad for mankind in general. And when that happens, something needs to be done about it.

Sure...it would be great if the disparity diminished.....but if it means setting a maximum wage, I would not be for it.....it is not my right to control how much you pay an employee.

If I do not like your salary structures, maybe I will not buy your products....that is pretty much where my rights end as it pertains to the way you run your business.

But you did...for you felt the need to mention Bush's grades as you disparaged him.

SO again I ask....why do you use Bush's grades to disparage him but you and others felt knowing Obama's grades was unimportant?

Umm, Obama was magna cum laude, @ Harvard.......we know what the minimum of his grades were.

Forum List

Back