Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

Conservatives have been saying for years? I don't remember many objecting to the Bush tax cuts that squandered the surplus the Govt had in 2000. McCain is about the only one that comes to mind, though many don't think he's very conservative.

You are being purposefully pig headed. I posted a litany of reasons why Bush should not be considered a conservative on another thread. I can repost here is you need the education. But at the top of the list was his spending habits.

McCain's sole claim to conservatism may be his fiscal policies. I'm sure he had one or two companions, although finding conservative repubs in 1999-2006 congresses was a pretty damned hard thing to do.

Bush was not a conservative... These liberals can't seem to get him out of their head...

We were mislead because of all his talk about "compassionate conservatism," faith based programs, strict justices, anit-gay and abortion, and tax cuts. Who know those were "liberal" position? Plus he was a Republican.

Last edited:
Yes, spend, for two reasons.

1. It is stimulative

2. We need the things we are spending the money on. Unemployment, training, infrastructure.

I notice "you people" aren't bashing all the pork that you said was in Obama's bill.

If there were bridges to knowhere in his bill, I'm sure you'd be letting us know about it by now.
Not so fast BoBo.

The 'stimulous' was bullshit, it was simply a wish list of old Dem projects that they always wanted to get passed and never had the votes for.

The 'infrastucture' stuff is a massive kinard, all of that is always in the regular federal budget and is normaly subject to review, the 'stimulous' wasn't even read by the people who voted for it.

The only thing 'stimulated' by that horrid bill was Queen Nan, who wrote that garbage that my grand kids will be struggling to pay off.

No shit... booboo can't name one thing in that stimulus that has actually helped the economy...

It all has. You can't tell us of any that is "bridge to knowhere" type spending, and you're trying to flip this.

I already called you out for not being able to attack Obama's spending because it isn't as wasteful as Bush's.

Where did all that Bush money go? Dubai? Iraq? Switzerland? Caymen Islands? Offshore?

How about this one. How about extending unemployment. Imagine the foreclosures we prevented from doing that? How about the road construction projects? Stem cell research. Making government buildings more energy efficient.

You guys defended Bush stealing all our money the last 8 years because it was in the name of defense. We spent more than every other country combined, and half of it was theft/fraud/corruption/bullshit.

You are true patriots. Fucking morons.

Conservatives have been saying for years? I don't remember many objecting to the Bush tax cuts that squandered the surplus the Govt had in 2000. McCain is about the only one that comes to mind, though many don't think he's very conservative.

You are being purposefully pig headed. I posted a litany of reasons why Bush should not be considered a conservative on another thread. I can repost here is you need the education. But at the top of the list was his spending habits.

McCain's sole claim to conservatism may be his fiscal policies. I'm sure he had one or two companions, although finding conservative repubs in 1999-2006 congresses was a pretty damned hard thing to do.

Bush was not a conservative... These liberals can't seem to get him out of their head...

No one in the GOP was conservative. We were telling you this for 8 years and now you're trying to suggest that we don't understand?

FUCK YOU!!!!

Maybe the idiots around you buy into your bullshit, but don't expect us to.

1. It is stimulative

2. We need the things we are spending the money on. Unemployment, training, infrastructure.

I notice "you people" aren't bashing all the pork that you said was in Obama's bill.

If there were bridges to knowhere in his bill, I'm sure you'd be letting us know about it by now.
Not so fast BoBo.

The 'stimulous' was bullshit, it was simply a wish list of old Dem projects that they always wanted to get passed and never had the votes for.

The 'infrastucture' stuff is a massive kinard, all of that is always in the regular federal budget and is normaly subject to review, the 'stimulous' wasn't even read by the people who voted for it.

The only thing 'stimulated' by that horrid bill was Queen Nan, who wrote that garbage that my grand kids will be struggling to pay off.

No shit... booboo can't name one thing in that stimulus that has actually helped the economy...

I can't either but this report does, for what it is worth:

In a new study, business school professors Christian Broda of the University of Chicago and Jonathan Parker of Northwestern University conclude the stimulus payments “are providing a substantial stimulus to the national economy, helping to ameliorate the ongoing 2008 downturn.” U.S. households are “doing a significant amount of extra spending” because of the $90 billion in government payments that have gone out so far, they say.

The 2008 Economic Stimulus: First Take on Consumer Response - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Not so fast BoBo.

In a new study, business school professors Christian Broda of the University of Chicago and Jonathan Parker of Northwestern University conclude the stimulus payments “are providing a substantial stimulus to the national economy, helping to ameliorate the ongoing 2008 downturn.” U.S. households are “doing a significant amount of extra spending” because of the $90 billion in government payments that have gone out so far, they say.

The 2008 Economic Stimulus: First Take on Consumer Response - Real Time Economics - WSJ

This is referencing Bush's rebate checks, yes? Isn't the question being asked on here about the stimulus package that was just passed earlier this year? Any reports on that?

Not as funny as you.

Economic crisis=spend money we don't have

1. It is stimulative

Does tatoo removal count?

This is referencing Bush's rebate checks, yes? Isn't the question being asked on here about the stimulus package that was just passed earlier this year? Any reports on that?

:lol: That's so typical of him. From what I understand, only 6% of the so called stimulus has been started at this point in time. :lol:

1. It is stimulative

Not so fast BoBo.

You can't because you don't listen to shows like NPR. So don't get mad just because you are under informed.

Not as funny as you.

Economic crisis=spend money we don't have

1. It is stimulative

Does tatoo removal count?

Yea, that would be bad. Is that true? Lets kill that before they spend the money.

Or, maybe the tat removals are important. Maybe Todd Palin goes to a gym and there is this club of guys who have had sex with Sarah. They all get tatoos saying they slept with her. So she wants them all removed before Todd see's one of them, snaps and kills someone other than a moose, ex brother in law, turkey or bear.

Yeah, you're right. I stumbled across it and read "stimulus" and didn't realize it was from mid last year.

Not so fast BoBo.

It all has. You can't tell us of any that is "bridge to knowhere" type spending, and you're trying to flip this.

I already called you out for not being able to attack Obama's spending because it isn't as wasteful as Bush's.

Where did all that Bush money go? Dubai? Iraq? Switzerland? Caymen Islands? Offshore?

How about this one. How about extending unemployment. Imagine the foreclosures we prevented from doing that? How about the road construction projects? Stem cell research. Making government buildings more energy efficient.

You guys defended Bush stealing all our money the last 8 years because it was in the name of defense. We spent more than every other country combined, and half of it was theft/fraud/corruption/bullshit.

You are true patriots. Fucking morons.

booboo - Conservatives have principles and Bush's spending was just as bad as Obama's but us conservatives rip ALL people who spend too much... Even Republicans... That's one thing you will never understand...ever. We don't side with our party no matter what... If it's bad for one side it's bad for all... That's why so many people hate two-faced hypocritical liberals because it's ok for your side to do whatever the hell they want but if a Republican does the same thing they are hung.... People like you are the reason this country is going to hell...

Forum List

Back