Obama says the "A" word

Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born. - President Ronald Reagan

Doesn't exactly seem fair does it?

And perhaps even a little hypocritical?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Her uterus, yes. Her embryo? Last I checked, it took two to make an embryo, and last I checked, that makes it equally the man's.

As for whoever said men don't suffer what women do in the case of abortion, I assure you if someone were to abort my child, I'd be pretty upset. I value human life, even if it is unexpected. It's not a religious issue, or a women's rights issue, or a political issue, or a legal issue, it's an issue of responsibility. You make a mistake, you rectify it. Rather you keep the child and raise it or give it up for adoption, the LIFE of the child comes FIRST, not the convenience of the woman.

Are you dateless and single? This probably explains why you're on message boards so often, and can be found here on friday and saturday nights.

Stop whining about how you are so downtrodden as a man, and stop being so condescending towards women. Few women want to hear you whine about your "reproductive" rights as a man. This is a message board, quit being a poseur. I doubt your sanctity for the "value for life" and much as I doubt your alleged support of hillary clinton. You had no problem getting hundreds of thousands of people killed in iraq, in a war of choice that didn't have to be fought.

Are you dateless and single? This probably explains why you're on message boards so often, and can be found here on friday and saturday nights.

I'm here those nights because I work those nights, but thanks for your concern for my social life. I'll never forget it.

Stop whining about how you are so downtrodden as a man, and stop being so condescending towards women. Few women want to hear you whine about your "reproductive" rights as a man.

I don't give a fuck what women want to hear, I say what I think. If they don't like it, I don't give a shit.

This is a message board, quit being a poseur. I doubt your sanctity for the "value for life" and much as I doubt your alleged support of hillary clinton.

Been listening to jillian I see. That's ok, you don't have to believe that I supported Hillary. I did, and that's that.

You had no problem getting hundreds of thousands of people killed in iraq, in a war of choice that didn't have to be fought.

I never supported the war in Iraq, but since we're there, I see the ignorance in giving up.

Don't put words in my mouth---you asked a question;

I answered
I never said anything about them being equal .

While we are at it---please expalin to me the reproductive rights of men .

Women need a sperm donor to have their own child. Men need an egg donor and a womb.

In either case a willing partner and an agrement would do the trick.

Barring that, either gender can currently hire out the appropriate plumbing if they want to have a child (sperm donors and surrogates.)

There is also adoption.

What about the reporductive rights of the infertile? Well that sounds silly but it's a chunk of the population. I suppose they can spend thousands on fertility or adopt.

As far as the effects of having a baby, I've had three, and it has had a bad effect on my eyesight (those relaxation hormones for birthing also affect the other bones and eyesight gets poorer as a result), may have exacerbated some (preexisting) autoimmune conditions, and my boobies are pretty sad too. It knocked me out of the work force for a while, I was on complete bedrest for a while, etc etc - My memory is shot, I think it is reproduction-related -

I'm not complaining and I wouldn't do over any differently (and I would NEVER abort though hubby wanted an amnio when one of the test results came back bad and I did NOT), but it's fair to say that in general the physical cost of reproduction to a woman is generally greater than to a man. YMMV.

I don't give a fuck what women want to hear, I say what I think. If they don't like it, I don't give a shit.

And I'd wager you spend a lot of time alone holding your own plumbing with that attitude.

Been listening to jillian I see. That's ok, you don't have to believe that I supported Hillary. I did, and that's that.

And I call BS... no Hillary supporter would call women "c***ts" for being in favor of reproductive rights....

So tell it to someone gullible.

I never supported the war in Iraq, but since we're there, I see the ignorance in giving up.

So you, of course, support the fact that McCain jumped on Obama's deadline bandwagon once GWB sold him out.

Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born. - President Ronald Reagan

Doesn't exactly seem fair does it?

I actually thinks that's one of the dumbest quotes I've ever seen.

I do wonder though, how many abused and neglected children wish they had never been born.

As for a man's reproductive rights I agree he should have a say. However, he should not be able to dictate to the woman the final decision since it is not his body who will be carrying the embryo.

I suspect there are just as many men who force their wives and girlfriends into having abortions as their are men whose wives and girlfriends have abortions against their wishes.

This situation is all easily fixed however by not having unprotected sex with people whose values and opinions on abortion you don't know.

How many women walk away from their child after it's born? Now, how many men? when that ratio evens out we can talk about a man's rights when it comes to this unborn child.

How many women walk away from their child after it's born? Now, how many men? when that ratio evens out we can talk about a man's rights when it comes to this unborn child.

That is an interesting point.

Gender is a toughie.

That is an interesting point.

Gender is a toughie.

It all depends on the situation too. I think if what is going to happen is set by a woman at the beginning of the pregnancy then it's her choice.

I'm a guy and I say this. I'm not the one carrying the child for nine months then giving birth to it. :eek:

However, this country's laws for guys who have to pay for kids that aren't theirs with women is quite messed up. (I know its unrelated but felt that had to be said.)

let me ask you a serious question, do you HONESTLY think most women who have a loving and supportive mate, who actually wants the baby in question, have abortions despite his feelings? c'mon dillo get real.

This fantasty that women just go out and hoover the kid out so they can go on partying is ridiculous.

Making the decision to terminate a pregnancy is probably one of if not the most difficult decision a woman could face.

Not to mention, legal abortions rarely result in complications that result in infertility unlike illegal abortions which resulted in thousands of women being maimed and killed.

Gunny, it's not cherry picking entirely. I think the Fed should have an obligation to uphold the citizens rights when and if the State oversteps their authority in governing the people of that State. does that make sense?

I am born a United States citizen. I am a resident of Florida which is ultimately ruled by the United States. correct?

The 10th Amendment to the Constitution relegates ALL powers not specifically granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution to the states.

IMO, its Federal interference with states rights. That's a seperate topic. Not like it's the first time, nor will it be the last. Since the end of the US Civil War, teh Federal government has pretty-much done as it pleases.

IMO, if the Federal government wants to dictate law, then Congress needs to quit worrying about what baseball players are taking steroids and spend some time and effort on creating legislation that permanently makes abortion legal rather than closing their eyes and ears and letting it rest on a judicial ruling that is Constitutionally questionable. Because, it will be on those grounds that it would be overturned, if any.

Instead of all the fearmongering that this person or that person wants to overturn Roe v Wade, a Federal law would render that issue moot.

A link to support what I said above:

1.6M Men Pay Child Support For Kids That Aren't Theirs (DNA) [Archive] - Ummah.com - Muslim Forum

I could be very wrong but I remember reading a Time article about this as well.

I don't believe for a second that 1.6 million men pay child support for children that aren't theirs. As to your source, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be an archive from a messageboard where some poster relied on a link to Rense.. a source I think most of us can agree is pretty unreliable. (Well, at least I'd never rely on it).

The only times that I know of where a man has to pay child support for a child that isn't his genetically is where a) he marries someone with a kid and adopts the child, but they later get divorced; or b) doesn't ever ask for a DNA test; treats/raises the child as his own and then, after a break up, he suddenly decides to demand DNA testing. Under either situation, the courts would absolutely be likely to award child support or refuse to terminate child support in that the father could be considered the "psychological parent" of the child.

Sometimes things are done for the good of the child.

And I'd wager you spend a lot of time alone holding your own plumbing with that attitude.

And you'd be wrong, but I'd wager you spend a lot of time with a dick down your throat with your attitude.

And I call BS... no Hillary supporter would call women "c***ts" for being in favor of reproductive rights....

So tell it to someone gullible.

I don't remember calling women ***** for their stance on abortion. I may have called you a **** for being a **** though.

Again, if I cared enough about you, I'd get my bank statement to show you what I donated to her campaign. But really, I have nothing to prove to you. Getting approval from you is about as useful as having George Bush as a personal reference on my resume.

So you, of course, support the fact that McCain jumped on Obama's deadline bandwagon once GWB sold him out.

No, I don't. See, that's the difference between being independent and being a partisan follower like yourself. I don't have to support everything my candidate says or does. I have my own opinion, and I don't need anyone else to form it for me.

Obama is seriously stupid if he is bringing up the abortion issue. The last thing he really needs are commercials running against his infanticide support.

Generalizations are a form of sexism, so thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Jillian, would you also believe that if I woman has an affair while married, gets pregnant and gives birth to a child during that marriage the law recognizes the husband as the father regardless of DNA and he pays support for it unless the biological father comes forward to claim his rights because in the eyes of the law the child should not be made to suffer.

Jillian, would you also believe that if I woman has an affair while married, gets pregnant and gives birth to a child during that marriage the law recognizes the husband as the father regardless of DNA and he pays support for it unless the biological father comes forward to claim his rights because in the eyes of the law the child should not be made to suffer.

That's something similar to what I read about. Ohh I found the link!

Duped Dads Fight Back - TIME

Here you go, what I was originally talking about before.

Generalizations are a form of sexism, so thanks for pointing out the obvious.

js, it's not a generlization it's a WELL DOCUMENTED STATISTIC!

stop your pissing and moaning already I didn't say ALL men do it but there is a rather large segment of men who do and who have.

The long and short of it is Obama is pro-choice, McCain/Palin is pro-life...there WILL be Supreme Court seats opening up in the next four years..... that IS something to consider this election cycle...

Forum List

Back