Obama says one thing and does another.

Itsmethatguy

May 20, 2009
So who here remembers the painful election of 2008? I do. I also remember all the wonderful promises Obama made when he was doing his campaign. Remember when he said that he would take the troops out of Iraq immediately? Even though now he has only taken some thousands or so out, and wont start doing any large amount of troop withdrawl till 2012....if they stick to their NOW plan. Oh yeah wait, also he did say he was going to take the troops out of Iraq...but what he failed to say was he is sending them right to Afghanistan.

Then he says hes going to remove the Patriot Act that Bush had previously done, but wait whats this? No hes not improving it is he? Oh and closing Gito, yeah that hasnt offically happened yet. It also might take a little longer than expected. Oh and this is a good one, he said "There will be no lobbyist near the White House". Two things wrong with this, one of Obama's jobs was being a lobbyist, and two, he has hired Timothy Geithner as secretary of treasury, and umm wasnt he the former president and CEO of the Federal Reserve? Hmmmm sounds a little fishy to me. Dont even get me started on half of the other people he hired on to his cabinet.

Now I understand every politician makes promises they dont go through with, but to do the exact opposite, thats pretty bold, even for Obama.

Maybe he will upset the media and they will report on him like they used to report on Bush.

Then these obvious things you point out will be made public to all.....i know fox news talks about it but they have been alinskied already (Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it)

I dont ever recall Obama saying that he was going to take the troops of out Iraq immediately. The disagreement between Republicans and Democrats was that the Democrats wanted to establish a timetable for withdraw, Republicans did not favor the creation of a time table.

Also, Obama had said that the US focus on the war on terror was misplaced with its focus on Iraq and should instead have been primarily focused on Afghanistan, you know where the people actually responsible for 911 are hiding out. Prior to his election he advocated sending more troops to Afghanistan.

I am assuming that the provisions of the Patriot Act remain law until they expire via sunset provisions and Congress decides not to renew them.

He tried to close Gitmo but it was not politically viable... Congress didnt want it to happen.

Eh, I hate a lot of the idiots hes put in his cabinet as well.

I don't agree with everything Obama has done, but I got exactly what I expected because he is doing exactly what he said he was going to.

Maybe I was paying closer attention during the campaign?????????????

So who here remembers the painful election of 2008? I do. I also remember all the wonderful promises Obama made when he was doing his campaign. Remember when he said that he would take the troops out of Iraq immediately? Even though now he has only taken some thousands or so out, and wont start doing any large amount of troop withdrawl till 2012....if they stick to their NOW plan. Oh yeah wait, also he did say he was going to take the troops out of Iraq...but what he failed to say was he is sending them right to Afghanistan.

Then he says hes going to remove the Patriot Act that Bush had previously done, but wait whats this? No hes not improving it is he? Oh and closing Gito, yeah that hasnt offically happened yet. It also might take a little longer than expected. Oh and this is a good one, he said "There will be no lobbyist near the White House". Two things wrong with this, one of Obama's jobs was being a lobbyist, and two, he has hired Timothy Geithner as secretary of treasury, and umm wasnt he the former president and CEO of the Federal Reserve? Hmmmm sounds a little fishy to me. Dont even get me started on half of the other people he hired on to his cabinet.

Now I understand every politician makes promises they dont go through with, but to do the exact opposite, thats pretty bold, even for Obama.

The BOY King is about nothing beyond the accumulation of POWER... He's a Leftist... and they're liars... If the left couldn't lie, there wouldn't BE an ideological left.

If you watched the Sotomayor hearings, you saw someone who tried to protray herself as SCALIA... When in truth she is well to the Left of Ginsburg; but she felt that to gain POWER, she had to LIE and pretend to be an American.

It's what they DO...

I dont ever recall Obama saying that he was going to take the troops of out Iraq immediately.

So we're left to conclude that you're either a LIAR or you weren't listening and now want to project that ya were.

It was his CONSTANT THEME... back when the issue was the WAR...

Of course the non-fools, Ie: the non-leftists, knew he was lyin'... as it isn't possible to do so without pulling the nation of Iraq down to get it done.

I dont ever recall Obama saying that he was going to take the troops of out Iraq immediately.

So we're left to conclude that you're either a LIAR or you weren't listening and now want to project that ya were.

It was his CONSTANT THEME... back when the issue was the WAR...

Of course the non-fools, Ie: the non-leftists, knew he was lyin'... as it isn't possible to do so without pulling the nation of Iraq down to get it done.

Obama: Withdraw from Iraq immediately - UPI.com

Obama to 'refine' Iraq plan - Mike Allen - Politico.com

Obama Pledges to Withdraw US Troops From Iraq

Usually when politicians lie like this, there are called out on it.

Obama doesn't even get a raised eyebrow.

Had this been Bush with all of these lies, all hell would be breaking loose.

concept i agree 100% with you. it seems like obamanits have the its okay if he does it but if you do it your horrible. obama should start his own religion, it would do well.

Oh yeah wait, also he did say he was going to take the troops out of Iraq...but what he failed to say was he is sending them right to Afghanistan.

Novel idea, don't you think? Send our troops to fight the terrorists who actually attacked us. I wonder why Dubya and DICK never thought of that?

Oh and closing Gito, yeah that hasnt offically happened yet. It also might take a little longer than expected.

Obama is not KING. We have a Democracy here. Google it sometime. You might not be so bewildered.

Then he says hes going to remove the Patriot Act that Bush had previously done, but wait whats this? No hes not improving it is he?

Bad decision on Obama's part. I personally think he screwed this one up.

he has hired Timothy Geithner as secretary of treasury, and umm wasnt he the former president and CEO of the Federal Reserve?

Which has WHAT to do with lobbyists, exacctly?

Yeah we should go after the ones we were orginally going to go after, but going after osama, is a little different than killing all taliban. Obama swore he wouldnt allow lobbyist near the white house. Timothy Geinther is not only CEO and President of the federal reserve (not even federal, private banks make up the federal reserve) but he has ties to acorn, just like a lot of Obama's czars. what you think private banks, especially the federal reserve doesnt have, if not the biggest, lobbyists? come on you cant tell me thats not a problem. and Gitmo, he has the authority to have it closed right now, he is commander and chief, that means in charge of the whole military, and gitmo is a military instilation. he may have to get permission from congress to spend the money to demolish it, but everything else is in his power when it comes to closes military bases down.

Forum List

Back