OBAMA--says no regrets over losing 535 MILLION dollars over Solyndra!

Did anyone besides me bother reading the article past the headline?

What he said was that, overall, the program did well, and that Solydra's failure was an isolated occurrence, not indicative of anything about the program overall. In any program of this nature, there ARE going to be failures, and the program as a whole must be evaluated rather than sour-cherry-picking the instances where the loans went bad.

If it was a $53,500 it might have some validity in what he said, but a $535,000,000.00 loan, that just doesn't fly, especially what was known about the company's problems before the funds were distributed.

All you guys are doing is demonstrating that none of you have ever worked in the banking industry. The half-billion dollars lost by Solyndra is meaningless hanging out there all by itself in a vacuum.

What was the size in dollars of the entire program of which the loans to Solyndra were a part?

What was the failure rate? What percentage of the loans have been repaid?

Given total repayments versus total losses, what is the NET return rate on the program?

How is the solar power industry as a whole doing?

These are the questions that need to be asked, if your really want to understand whether a mistake was made (by the government, that is; obviously mistakes were made by Solyndra) and whether Obama should have any regrets here.

If all you want to do is play partisan gotcha, the of course none of that -- nor the truth -- is required.

Will be interesting to see just what the FBI turns up in this case.

It sure stinks to high heaven

Saw a show on Solar the other day. According to the story These guys are doing quite well in the private sector. They don't need tax dollars for anything.

Guess Barry, Chu and the rest of the idiots that okayed this loan were to busy having a beer in the rose garden to actually investigate anything.

Half a billion of our dollars down the drain.

Yeah. LIke we can afford it.

are you kidding if anything turns up it will be found out long after obama is dead and gone.

All you guys are doing is demonstrating that none of you have ever worked in the banking industry. The half-billion dollars lost by Solyndra is meaningless hanging out there all by itself in a vacuum.

What was the size in dollars of the entire program of which the loans to Solyndra were a part?

Given total repayments versus total losses, what is the NET return rate on the program?

These are the questions that need to be asked, if your really want to understand whether a mistake was made (by the government, that is; obviously mistakes were made by Solyndra) and whether Obama should have any regrets here.

If all you want to do is play partisan gotcha, the of course none of that -- nor the truth -- is required.

Speaking of partisan gotcha.....:cuckoo:

535 million dollars may be chicken feed to your liberal ass, but to the tax payer....not so much. The administration knew of the red flags before the funds were dispersed to this company. Keep spinning you need the practice. Sheeesh Always nice having a self proclaimed economist join the board.

Speaking of partisan gotcha.....:cuckoo:

535 million dollars may be chicken feed to your liberal ass, but to the tax payer....not so much. The administration knew of the red flags before the funds were dispersed to this company. Keep spinning you need the practice. Sheeesh Always nice having a self proclaimed economist join the board.

Yup Bush's DOE put the kibash to this whole deal. Barry comes in with his green agenda bs shinning in his eyes and his DOE okays it.

Wonder if they even read what the Bush DOE or PW had to say??

Bush's DOE and PW were right on the money and we taxpayers are out $535 million dollars.

Last edited:
President Obama Monday said he does not regret a half-billion dollar government loan to the now-bankrupt solar energy company Solyndra and vigorously defended his administration’s policy of providing assistance to similar entities.

“No I don’t,” the president said when asked directly if he regretted the $535 million federal loan guarantee in 2009. “Because if you look at the overall portfolio of loan guarantees that had been provided, overall it’s doing well. And what we always understood is that not every single business is going to succeed in clean energy.”

Obama: No regrets over Solyndra – The 1600 Report - CNN.com Blogs

535 MILLION taxpayer dollars down the toilet. Of course he doesn't regret it--it wasn't his money. Plus it was nothing more than a political pay-back for the main investor in this company--that was also a huge campaign bundler for his 2008 Presidential campaign. Obama states that the overall portfolio is doing well--B.S.--3 other solar companies that he loaned money too also went bankrupt--costing another 300 MILLION taxpayer dollars.

The Bush administration (energy department) turned down Solyndra one month prior to Obama taking over due to a BAD business model of this company--and Obama came into office and AGAINST all accounting auditors advice went ahead and made the loan anyway. We even have an e-mail going to Joe Biden's desk stating that this company would be bankrupt in Sept. 2011--and that's exactly when this company went bankrupt.

View attachment 15502

One Big Ass Mistake America

You voted for it--You got it!
This from a guy who's administration calls 'creating' jobs at the cost of 200k a pop a good deal... you expect better?

I reiterate. This is P-BO's Enron. It very well SHOULD take out many of his cabinet if not himself to criminal prosecution if it can be found that they knowingly did this to defraud the public and pay political allies.

535 million dollars may be chicken feed to your liberal ass, but to the tax payer....not so much.

The question is whether that much money, or for that matter ANY money, was actually lost. If more than the amount lost through the Solyndra default was earned on loans that were repaid, nothing was lost.

That's what I mean. You have to evaluate the whole program, not just a tiny piece of it in isolation. Obviously, that's what Obama was talking about, and nobody here has presented any evidence to show that he was wrong.

535 million dollars may be chicken feed to your liberal ass, but to the tax payer....not so much.

The question is whether that much money, or for that matter ANY money, was actually lost. If more than the amount lost through the Solyndra default was earned on loans that were repaid, nothing was lost.

That's what I mean. You have to evaluate the whole program, not just a tiny piece of it in isolation. Obviously, that's what Obama was talking about, and nobody here has presented any evidence to show that he was wrong.
I want my two dollars. As a tax payer, that's my part.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao6Uo2CynUA]Two Dollars - YouTube[/ame]

Dragon have you considered that 553 mil is not cherry picking. He could have given me that money and I could have created a hell of a lot of job. He is a crook pure and simple and he is playing us for fools and winning and you are the leader of his parade.

What he said was that, overall, the program did well, and that Solydra's failure was an isolated occurrence, not indicative of anything about the program overall. In any program of this nature, there ARE going to be failures, and the program as a whole must be evaluated rather than sour-cherry-picking the instances where the loans went bad.
No way you Obamabots can candy coat this bullshit.......It's becoming quite apparent that Obama pressured this loan guarantee through, full well knowing the company would be insolvent shortly afterwards......This was straight up political cronyism, that may rise to the criminal level by Obama and his merry band of liberal idiots.

His green jobs policies have been nothing more than abject failures on every level. And now we may have a criminal element to it.

Nope!......no candy coating this fraudulent bullshit committed by this crappy President and administration.

I would like to see that portfolio. Heck I would like to see the solar and wind plants that Obama is discussing that are working for America!

Obama should have said well a $535 million lose is going to be forgotten when Pelosi's brother-in-law's company squanders the $1.5 bil I gave him! :eusa_whistle:

Look, another fake outrage thread. The typical cast of whiners too who only see what they want to see.

Dragon have you considered that 553 mil is not cherry picking. He could have given me that money and I could have created a hell of a lot of job. He is a crook pure and simple and he is playing us for fools and winning and you are the leader of his parade.

He could have given me 10% of that.... and you'd never see my fat white ass again!

No way you Obamabots can candy coat this bullshit.......It's becoming quite apparent that Obama pressured this loan guarantee through, full well knowing the company would be insolvent shortly afterwards......This was straight up political cronyism, that may rise to the criminal level by Obama and his merry band of liberal idiots.

His green jobs policies have been nothing more than abject failures on every level. And now we may have a criminal element to it.

Nope!......no candy coating this fraudulent bullshit committed by this crappy President and administration.
And we have the nation of Spain to show as an object lesson of prioritizing 'green jobs' as they cost 2.1 jobs to create only 1 that has to be heavily subsidized.

Green is dead.

Look, another fake outrage thread. The typical cast of whiners too who only see what they want to see.
Yeah, you libs just hate it when your beloved lib politicians are being held accountable for their fraudulent ways.

Funny this is, it's your beloved liberal dominated MSM who are exposing Obama's crminal ass!

Kudos to ABC and LA Times for being all over this criminal action, commited by this President and Administration.

No way you Obamabots can candy coat this bullshit.

It's not "candy coating" anything. Everything I've said should be standard practice in evaluating any government loan program. You do NOT sour-cherry-pick the one loan that went bad and present the figures from that as if it meant anything in isolation.

Nobody's done any research to answer the questions I posed yet, so maybe I need to do it myself.

Besides Solyndra, Who Benefits From Government's Green Loan Program??PICTURES - Michael Catalini - NationalJournal.com

The total size of the loan guarantee program was almost $40 billion. The loan guarantees Solyndra defaulted on amount to barely one percent of that total. There is no indication that any of the other loans are going bad.

The solar industry as a whole seems to be doing very well.

No way you Obamabots can candy coat this bullshit.

It's not "candy coating" anything. Everything I've said should be standard practice in evaluating any government loan program. You do NOT sour-cherry-pick the one loan that went bad and present the figures from that as if it meant anything in isolation.

Nobody's done any research to answer the questions I posed yet, so maybe I need to do it myself.

Besides Solyndra, Who Benefits From Government's Green Loan Program??PICTURES - Michael Catalini - NationalJournal.com

The total size of the loan guarantee program was almost $40 billion. The loan guarantees Solyndra defaulted on amount to barely one percent of that total. There is no indication that any of the other loans are going bad.

The solar industry as a whole seems to be doing very well.

Your problem is that you're trying to be objective and use logic. The people on this site have no interest in such things. They are just looking for anything that can make Obama or democrats look bad, even if it doesn't make sense. There is NOTHING you can possibly say that will ever convince them otherwise.

Forum List

Back