Obama says: "I will end 'don't ask-don't tell,'"

Ok So is Obama gonna triple the defense Budget to make all the new barracks where everyone has a room to themselves? After all, can't house Homosexuals with other homosexuals, can;t house them with straights and you can not house them with the opposite sex. It would cause all kind of moral problems if homosexuals just got rooms to themselves while everyone else had to share as well.

Will we still exclude them from submarine duty, you know where about a third of the crew hot racks cause the sub does not have enough beds for an entire crew? Will they get charged with conduct unbecoming if they have a gay day parade on base or participate in one off base?

We already arrest and try military members for obscene behavior and for harassment, does this mean Gays will be prosecuted for aggressive sexual behavior and hunting? Or will they get a pass on that too?

Ok So is Obama gonna triple the defense Budget to make all the new barracks where everyone has a room to themselves? After all, can't house Homosexuals with other homosexuals, can;t house them with straights and you can not house them with the opposite sex. It would cause all kind of moral problems if homosexuals just got rooms to themselves while everyone else had to share as well.

Will we still exclude them from submarine duty, you know where about a third of the crew hot racks cause the sub does not have enough beds for an entire crew? Will they get charged with conduct unbecoming if they have a gay day parade on base or participate in one off base?

We already arrest and try military members for obscene behavior and for harassment, does this mean Gays will be prosecuted for aggressive sexual behavior and hunting? Or will they get a pass on that too?

Seriously Gunny...

Is that the best you can do? Do you really fear that gays will be humping in bed in a submarine?? They can do that right now if they have so little self control.
As you well know, there are standards of behavior in the military. Gays would be prosecuted for that behavior just like a straight person would.
Your argument about needing new barracks because nobody wants to sleep in a room with gays is the same argument used when some soldiers didn't want to sleep in the same room with blacks

So do you, Sunni. Animals eat, so do you. Animals use oxygen, so do you. Animals reproduce or are able to, so do you.

Any rancher I know would cull a male animal. If he saw it humping another male animal. :eek:

Def of cull:
(Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Agriculture) to reduce the size of (a herd or flock) by killing a proportion of its members

From Sunni: I have never advocated violence against gays.

Sick bastard. "Killing" IS violence.

Ah, but what kind of "therapy"? What kind has "worked" in the past?

Reparative therapy? Lobotomy? Electroshock? Castrating drugs? Exorcism? Douches?
Hey, what ever therapy, treatment, or surgery, that works would be fine with me :eusa_angel:

That's just the thing, idiot moron, none of those "worked".

People like you are just so jealous of the gays. Your life is a waste, a pit. Wallowing in hating people you only know from behind country gas stations at truck-stops. Just make sure you use a condom.

Seriously Gunny...

Is that the best you can do? Do you really fear that gays will be humping in bed in a submarine?? They can do that right now if they have so little self control.
As you well know, there are standards of behavior in the military. Gays would be prosecuted for that behavior just like a straight person would.
Your argument about needing new barracks because nobody wants to sleep in a room with gays is the same argument used when some soldiers didn't want to sleep in the same room with blacks

ABsolutely WRONG. You see dumb ass, black men that are not gay are not a threat to fuck you in your sleep. The ENTIRE point of separating the sexes in barracks is to AVOID the potential of sex in the living quarters. Now that your dumb ass has been told about reality, explain again why if we are just gonna house gays with straights why we can not just house men and women in the same rooms TOGETHER.

It is not about them doing it per say it is about the potential chaos and problems those living situations would make for the military and the UNIT. The same reason no one actually trains women to fight in male units. Not cause they can not but because men tend to act protective around the women. Even Israel had to stop doing that.

And don't even start with the claim they already serve so we already have the problem. If someone is caught they are booted. As the Billeting officer aboard Camp Courtney Okinawa I got asked to find a room for a gay guy that actually could not quit sucking his room mates dicks while they were asleep. The Navy , rather then boot him kept moving him around. His last room mate that caught him in the act beat the shit out of him. I refused to play ball. E-5 and below only rate individual rooms if the command so chooses. They did not want to tie up a room and tried to get me to give them a SNCO room. In other words they were gonna reward the guy for his behavior.

Being a Good Marine I reported the request to my command which informed the Commanding General and several Naval Officers got asked some rather pointed questions as to why this turd was still in the service.

Seriously Gunny...

ABsolutely WRONG. You see dumb ass, black men that are not gay are not a threat to fuck you in your sleep. The ENTIRE point of separating the sexes in barracks is to AVOID the potential of sex in the living quarters. Now that your dumb ass has been told about reality, explain again why if we are just gonna house gays with straights why we can not just house men and women in the same rooms TOGETHER.

It is not about them doing it per say it is about the potential chaos and problems those living situations would make for the military and the UNIT. The same reason no one actually trains women to fight in male units. Not cause they can not but because men tend to act protective around the women. Even Israel had to stop doing that.

And don't even start with the claim they already serve so we already have the problem. If someone is caught they are booted. As the Billeting officer aboard Camp Courtney Okinawa I got asked to find a room for a gay guy that actually could not quit sucking his room mates dicks while they were asleep. The Navy , rather then boot him kept moving him around. His last room mate that caught him in the act beat the shit out of him. I refused to play ball. E-5 and below only rate individual rooms if the command so chooses. They did not want to tie up a room and tried to get me to give them a SNCO room. In other words they were gonna reward the guy for his behavior.

Being a Good Marine I reported the request to my command which informed the Commanding General and several Naval Officers got asked some rather pointed questions as to why this turd was still in the service.

I had an "so ..." idea in mind, but changed my mind and decided to say:

"You are ill informed and extremely ignorant.."

Seriously Gunny...

Sure thing, can't address the facts so you just ignore them. Tell me Kitten how long were YOU in the Military? How long did you spend in the military running billeting and helping to plan and run housing for enlisted and officers?

I was in for almost 16 years. Of which the first 5 I lived in Barracks and got to see first hand how it works. After that as a SNCO I got to help run barracks and control the antics of the troops in same. I spent one full year running the entire Base billeting for unaccompanied troops officer and enlisted aboard Camp Courtney. I did so well at it the Civilian I reported to at Base made a personal plea to have me stay on in that position and be given a 3 year extension on Okinawa to do so. ( fortunately for me they turned him down) I helped plan and use billeting, including what to do about not having enough. I assigned maintained and controlled billeting for Col to private.

As a Sgt living in the barracks I saw first hand the ignorant crap the troops would pull. I was in charge of my section of the barracks and had to deal daily with the troops and their interesting take on what they should be allowed to do in barracks.

Once again, Marines below the rank of Sgt live 2 to 4 or more per room. In Training they live in open squad bays 80 to a squad bay. They share shower and toilet with each other. In some commands even Sgts live more than one to a room. On board ship you rack where ever there is space. Wedged in like sardines and that is on ships specifically designed to carry troops.

As a Company Gunny you deal with straight Marines that just can not get along and have to be separated. You deal with male and female rooms. You deal with the ignorant sexual tirades of Marines that have gotten drunk and can not figure out no means no. Add to that mix housing homosexuals with straights and you are gonna have problems. BIG problems. It will hit Morale and will impact on how ready and capable a unit is for deployment and action.

Actually in the field it is easier to deal with. If your not living in your shelter halves your in big ass tents that can easily be partitioned with cloth or such and everyone is ass to elbow. Sex is not much of a thought IN the tents as your right next to everyone else in the tent. But get a few drunks in there and that changes quick.

Someone BETTER be worried about where they are gonna have the Homosexuals live if they really plan to let them openly serve.

Anyone want to address why this is SOOOO important when there's other shit he should be focusing on?

It doesn't take much effort to decide on this issue. There isn't a hundred different choices. It either exists or it doesn't.

Except that there are many reasons offered by military leaders and personel as to why this is a bad idea. I'm not saying that I agree with them, but for the President to simply unilaterally make that decision without consulting with military advisers could prove to be a mistake.

Immie

So do you, Sunni. Animals eat, so do you. Animals use oxygen, so do you. Animals reproduce or are able to, so do you.

Any rancher I know would cull a male animal. If he saw it humping another male animal. :eek:

Def of cull:
(Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Agriculture) to reduce the size of (a herd or flock) by killing a proportion of its members

From Sunni: I have never advocated violence against gays.

Sick bastard. "Killing" IS violence.
If you are going to post a definition of a word rdean.
At least be honest and show the whole thing.
Cull also means to seperate, which is what I have advocated; not killing, as you alledge.

Main Entry: CULL
Pronunciation: \ˈkəl\
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French culier, coillir, from Latin colligere to bind together — more at collect
Date: 13th century
1 : to select from a group : choose <culled the best passages from the poet's work>
2 : to reduce or control the size of (as a herd) by removal

Sure thing, can't address the facts so you just ignore them. Tell me Kitten how long were YOU in the Military? How long did you spend in the military running billeting and helping to plan and run housing for enlisted and officers?

I was in for almost 16 years. Of which the first 5 I lived in Barracks and got to see first hand how it works. After that as a SNCO I got to help run barracks and control the antics of the troops in same. I spent one full year running the entire Base billeting for unaccompanied troops officer and enlisted aboard Camp Courtney. I did so well at it the Civilian I reported to at Base made a personal plea to have me stay on in that position and be given a 3 year extension on Okinawa to do so. ( fortunately for me they turned him down) I helped plan and use billeting, including what to do about not having enough. I assigned maintained and controlled billeting for Col to private.

As a Sgt living in the barracks I saw first hand the ignorant crap the troops would pull. I was in charge of my section of the barracks and had to deal daily with the troops and their interesting take on what they should be allowed to do in barracks.

Once again, Marines below the rank of Sgt live 2 to 4 or more per room. In Training they live in open squad bays 80 to a squad bay. They share shower and toilet with each other. In some commands even Sgts live more than one to a room. On board ship you rack where ever there is space. Wedged in like sardines and that is on ships specifically designed to carry troops.

As a Company Gunny you deal with straight Marines that just can not get along and have to be separated. You deal with male and female rooms. You deal with the ignorant sexual tirades of Marines that have gotten drunk and can not figure out no means no. Add to that mix housing homosexuals with straights and you are gonna have problems. BIG problems. It will hit Morale and will impact on how ready and capable a unit is for deployment and action.

Actually in the field it is easier to deal with. If your not living in your shelter halves your in big ass tents that can easily be partitioned with cloth or such and everyone is ass to elbow. Sex is not much of a thought IN the tents as your right next to everyone else in the tent. But get a few drunks in there and that changes quick.

Someone BETTER be worried about where they are gonna have the Homosexuals live if they really plan to let them openly serve.

From your post, an all gay military would seem the best solution in actuality, since almost all the "problems" you mentioned do not exist in the gay community. ;)

But ... you would actually have to know many gay people quite intimately in order to know that instead of just listening to hype.

I'm a retired Army officer and, I'm no fan of Obama. Having said that, I think it's about time the US military stepped into the 21st century by abandoning this archaic policy against homosexuals. Many homosexuals have served this nation honorably. Consider LTC Dan Choi, LTC Victor Fehrenbach and SSgt Eric Alva, all of them combat veterans who were decorated for courage under fire and all of them homosexual.

There's this irrational fear that homosexuals will suddenly re-decorate the barracks in purple or will go to the firing range holding hands or will stare at other men in the shower or will bring goats into the barracks on Saturday nights. All of these are ignorant myths perpetuated by fear and stupidstition. Military disciple is still military discipline, and it the same rules that apply to heterosexuals would also apply to homosexuals. Rape is rape no matter what the gender. Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airmen still need to abide by the same rules of conduct under the Uniform Code of Military Justice regardless of lifestyle preference. The current rules that keep zippers zipped apply equally to homosexuals and heterosexuals.

The fact is that sexual misconduct is still a heterosexual problem than it is homosexual. The real threat to unit morale and unit cohesion is the horny officer or NCO who either pressure or rape young female troops. Pedophilia is a heterosexual problem more than it is among gays. As for being stared at in the showers: if you're that insecure, then it's probably because size is an issue to you....otherwise, even if it's another man who stares at you...then you ought to be proud. As for goats, gimme a break. We all know that's an Air Force thing regardless of lifestyle.

The real issue is whether or not President Obama has the constitutional authority to lift the ban or otherwise impose a new policy. Changes to the Uniform Code of Military Justice have to come from Congress not the President. Yeah, he's the Commander in Chief, but there are checks and balances built into the system that are designed to prevent the Commander in Chief from simply using the military to suit his own political needs. So if the President convinces Congress to change the UCMJ (in terms of the US Codes that the UCMJ is based on), then it would be a clean change. If the President takes it upon himself to make the change through executive orders, then we're in for a messy political debate; it would establish a precedent that could have ramifications with more serious issues such as the authority to deploy troops on US soil. But there's an even greater reason for Congress to be the one who makes the change: as the Voice of the People, either Congress has the support of its constituents or it does not. If it does, then change is good. If it doesn't, then Congress needs to leave it alone.

I think most rational Americans would approve of the change. These are the same Americans who oppose gay marriage (recent polls indicate that Americans support equal employment rights for gays but do not support gay marriage---go figure).

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Forum List

Back