Obama says "I don't want them punished with a baby"

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
A baby is "punishment"?

Psalm 127 "children are a heritage from the LORD; the fruit of the womb is a reward."

"Indicative of his extreme record, Obama has received a ratings of 0 from The National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), and 100 from NARAL. His record speaks for itself."

It's interesting that Obama - the supposed Christian - has such an extreme pro-abortion agenda.

Obama and the burden of progeny
Ken Marotte
March 31, 2008

Much has been said of the eloquence and charisma exhibited by Senator Barack Obama as he plows through the campaign trail. Without doubt, the Illinois senator's image has virtually evolved into a cult of personality, with supporters crying and even fainting at campaign stops around the country. But there are times, though few and far between, when the critical listener can detect hints of Obama's true persona.

At a March 29 townhall meeting in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, Obama excoriated abstinence-only education with harsh language. "Look, I got two daughters — nine years old and six years old," he said. "I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at age 16, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."

The main gist of this quote is stunning: in Obama's estimation, a child is a punishment to his/her parents. Such views should come as no surprise — particularly given that Obama, over the course of his political career, has never been a fetus-friendly candidate.

As Illinois state senator, Obama played an integral role in killing and defeating the Induced Infant Liability Act, a measure that would have compelled hospitals and providers to protect and prolong of the lives of babies who had survived the abortion procedure. This legislation, interestingly enough, had garnered the support of even the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws (NARAL) — but not the support of a certain Barack Obama. The reason? Ever the compassionate Democrat, Obama believed that the legislation would simply have placed "one more burden" on the shoulders of pregnant women.

Throughout his political career, Obama has also continually voted to protect and uphold partial-birth abortion — a procedure so grisly as to draw opposition from three in four Americans, as well as pro-abortion advocates like Sen. Hillary Clinton. Obama has called the partial-birth abortion ban an assault on the "very personal decisions between a doctor and a patient," while his wife, Michelle, considers the method to be a "legitimate medical procedure."

cont.
http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/marotte/080331

This was all over a couple of days ago. Well, all over talkradio. I don't recall hearing anything on CNN.

He has no respect for life.

This was all over a couple of days ago. Well, all over talkradio. I don't recall hearing anything on CNN.

He has no respect for life.

Talk radio is still discussing it today so I thought I'd bring it up. The media blackout on Obama is overwhelming. People at large are just fed the pap about glorious "change" and little more.

75% Americans oppose partial birth abortion but don't let Americans hear that Obama is for it!

What talk radio??? The right wing loonies? S'okay...y'all aren't voting for him anyway.

And having read enough of your spewing, you absolutely think people, excuse me, let me rephrase, WOMEN, should have a baby as RETRIBUTION for their SINS... you know how those harlots are... .

ScreamingEagle, I think you need to learn to read and understand the context of statements and the use of language to talk about tough subjects. Having a child young can be punishment - how many have you raised. Obama's point is education is the key, not abortion. Damn, you people are sad. "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

A baby is "punishment"?

Psalm 127 "children are a heritage from the LORD; the fruit of the womb is a reward."

"Indicative of his extreme record, Obama has received a ratings of 0 from The National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), and 100 from NARAL. His record speaks for itself."

It's interesting that Obama - the supposed Christian - has such an extreme pro-abortion agenda.

This should make you feel better. Before you thought he was a Muslim Trojan Horse, but Islam forbids abortion in most instances as well. Surely this would make him closer to godless. Isn't that an improvement???

ScreamingEagle, I think you need to learn to read and understand the context of statements and the use of language to talk about tough subjects. Having a child young can be punishment - how many have you raised. Obama's point is education is the key, not abortion. Damn, you people are sad. "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

How you can gather that from a comment that having babies is punishment, and the comment was made in response to a question about ABORTION, I'll never know.

Libs make their own reality.

How you can gather that from a comment that having babies is punishment, and the comment was made in response to a question about ABORTION, I'll never know.

Libs make their own reality.

Funny that, that was the NeoCon boast, making their own reality.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/22/1415/5817

If you click on the link be careful, the place is full of lefty ideas, take protection.

If you think children are punishment, maybe you shouldn't have any. And maybe you need to get "educated" as to what Obama's grisly SOLUTION to his daughter having an unwanted baby is really all about…whether she is "educated" or not.

Then there is the whole thing about personal responsibility….obviously Obama doesn't think his daughter should have any. Kill the baby instead….she musn't suffer any "punishment" by having the child she created….poor girl. In my book that says a whole lot about Obama.

Obama is willing to snuff out his own grandchild….yeah, you guys got a real winner there…

Reilly T said:
This should make you feel better. Before you thought he was a Muslim Trojan Horse, but Islam forbids abortion in most instances as well. Surely this would make him closer to godless. Isn't that an improvement???
You need to learn more about Islam. Islam doesn't forbid the death of a Christian. Obama's daughters were baptized as Christians, like their mother. Heck, if Muslims will kill their own grown daughters for just bringing shame upon the family, what's the big deal about killing the unborn child of his Christian daughter?

There is a HUGE difference between punishment and consequence.

A consequence is a logical conclusion based on a choice of action.

A punishment is a penalty for doing something wrong.

Having sex isnt something that is wrong. That is a choice one makes and there MAY be consequences such as an std or pregnancy that follows such actions.

Rape...Now THAT is wrong and deserves punishment.

Aborting something late term is NOT a consequence it IS a punishment for being an inconvenience.

I agree with Dread on this one. You wouldn't punish a bank robber by giving him a baby.

However, I think that if you're old enough to commit to having sex, you're old enough to take the consequences.

I'm on the fence about abortion...people talk about the woman's right of choice...but IMO she had the right of choice whether or not to have unprotective sex. And a right to choice of who she wanted to have sex with. There's thousands of couples out there who can't have kids and who would love to adopt or foster one, and people are selfish and would rather get rid of a pregnancy because of how it would make them feel.

I agree with Dread on this one. You wouldn't punish a bank robber by giving him a baby.

However, I think that if you're old enough to commit to having sex, you're old enough to take the consequences.

I'm on the fence about abortion...people talk about the woman's right of choice...but IMO she had the right of choice whether or not to have unprotective sex. And a right to choice of who she wanted to have sex with. There's thousands of couples out there who can't have kids and who would love to adopt or foster one, and people are selfish and would rather get rid of a pregnancy because of how it would make them feel.

clearly, having sex is no indication of being able to "take the consequence" of a child.

sure.. a woman has the same choice weather or not to fuck as a man does when being told to pay child support. I am no fan of abortion as a birth control method. An employee of mine had 2 abortions within a single year and I find it despicable that she would rather kill a fetus than use a rubber or go on birth control. She was, quite honestly, a ghetto hooker. However, that being said, my personal line in the sand is still the development of a heartbeat.

I'm on the fence about abortion...

Not me. I've got it all sorted out.

I'm dead set against abortion. I think it's immoral, wholly and unequivocally. And as such, I would never be party to one.

I'm also dead set against banning abortion. What some knocked-up tramp wants to do with her own fetus has nothing to do with me. It's between her, her conscience and her God. I find it preferable to live in a free society requiring tolerance for the immoral actions of others than one where morality is legislated.

It's pretty simple. If you are appalled by abortion, don't have one.

That said, anyone in this day and age that strongly considers the issue of abortion when deciding how to cast their vote is an ignorant asshole. The issue is all about distraction and emotion and is not substantive at all when it comes to things that actually affect our daily lives.

clearly, having sex is no indication of being able to "take the consequence" of a child.

sure.. a woman has the same choice weather or not to fuck as a man does when being told to pay child support. I am no fan of abortion as a birth control method. An employee of mine had 2 abortions within a single year and I find it despicable that she would rather kill a fetus than use a rubber or go on birth control. She was, quite honestly, a ghetto hooker. However, that being said, my personal line in the sand is still the development of a heartbeat.

Personally, if my daughter were to get pregnant, she'd have the baby and learn to take care of it. They know good and well what the possible outcomes are of having sex. If they're old enough to push their luck or lack of luck, they're old enough to deal with the results. Just my opinion.

Not me. I've got it all sorted out.

I'm dead set against abortion. I think it's immoral, wholly and unequivocally. And as such, I would never be party to one.

I'm also dead set against banning abortion. What some knocked-up tramp wants to do with her own fetus has nothing to do with me. It's between her, her conscience and her God. I find it preferable to live in a free society requiring tolerance for the immoral actions of others than one where morality is legislated.

It's pretty simple. If you are appalled by abortion, don't have one.

I am dead set against abortion too, however, I'm not sure if legislation should be passed to keep others from doing it. They can reap the consequences/results of their own decisions.

Personally, if my daughter were to get pregnant, she'd have the baby and learn to take care of it. They know good and well what the possible outcomes are of having sex. If they're old enough to push their luck or lack of luck, they're old enough to deal with the results. Just my opinion.

well, I respect that such is your opinion but think back on the age that you were trying to get out and tag some ass. I'm betting it was of an age that you were clearly not able to assume responsibility for a child.

So.. if your daughter had a full ride to harvard, leaving at the end of the summer, was 18, and wanted an abortion?

if she were 14 and just entered HS?

Forum List

Back