Obama says he 'would rather be really good one-term president'

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
I think he will get his wish with the way things are going. He knows he is a one term President and that the American People do not agree to his policies that are destructive to the country. Also I think the real reason he will not run for a second term is because there is a bill (HB 1503) that has been introduced by Bill Posey (Fl) and 11 co-sponsers that will make Presidential Candidate have to show their Long Form Birth Certificate in order to be on the ballot.

HB 1503: H.R. 1503: To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require the principal campaign committee of... (GovTrack.us)

Obama says he 'would rather be really good one-term president' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

President Barack Obama said that he "would rather be a really good one-term president" than have two mediocre terms.
In an interview to air Monday, the president stated his preference as negotiations have stalled over the healthcare reform package he championed.

"I'd rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president," he told ABC News' Diane Sawyer.
Obama words come just two days before he gives his first State of the Union address, in which he will lay out his agenda for the next year.
The president is expected to explain how he wants his administration and Congress to tackle the sputtering economy and persistent high unemployment.

The White House and Democrats in Congress have also been weighing alternative ways to pass the healthcare overhaul after Republican Scott Brown picked up a surprise win in the Massachusetts special Senate election.

Republicans such as Brown have hammered away at Obama and the Democrats, saying that their policies, such as the economic stimulus package, have failed to create jobs.
Obama acknowledged that the economy's poor performance has contributed to his low approval ratings as he enters his second year. But he said that he is not in office just to remain there for eight years.

Last edited:
Leaders don't admit defeat at the end of the first quarter. If you did, they would put you on injured reserve, trade you or just retire you.

Translation - if the Hussein can inflict enough damage to the country in one term he'll be happy: Mission accomplished.

Last edited:
Blew that already!!!!! He's already a bad one timer I hope!!! as Obama says "I'm Hoping for Change"!!!!!

ABC News: Obama says he 'would rather be really good one-term president'

I agree that he is going to be a one-term President, however, I wonder when he is going to begin to be a "good" one-term President?

Forum List

Back