Obama says he is against taxing health benefits

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
During the election that is.

But now it's fair game

Idea on Hill: Taxing Health Benefits - WSJ.com

Linda Douglass, a spokeswoman for the Obama administration, said Mr. Obama made clear during the campaign he was skeptical of taxing benefits, but in general he is open to ideas for overhauling health care other than the ones he put forth back then.

So now that he's president, it's OK to do exactly what he excoriated his opponent for suggesting.

Oh and haven't I been saying all along that a host of new taxes would be a comin'?

But you still want to believe that Obama will cut taxes. Can you spell N A I V E?

oh we'll have an economy.

An economy that drains its citizens of 80% of their money that is.

Well, I could write a best seller about it, but why bother, since all the profits will be taxed and stolen from it.

But now it's fair game

Linda Douglass, a spokeswoman for the Obama administration, said Mr. Obama made clear during the campaign he was skeptical of taxing benefits, but in general he is open to ideas for overhauling health care other than the ones he put forth back then.

So now that he's president, it's OK to do exactly what he excoriated his opponent for suggesting.

Oh and haven't I been saying all along that a host of new taxes would be a comin'?

But you still want to believe that Obama will cut taxes. Can you spell N A I V E?

It's typical talk from a Democrat...all politicians really, but with Democrats especially... say what you can to get elected then screw the people who voted for you...what can the people do now...nothing. Sucks. What sucks too is that the big media won't cover this so 80% of the voters will have no idea...

Last edited:

But now it's fair game

Jeez I hope he doesn't cut them. He can use the recession as an excuse. Obama needs to repeal all the Bush tax cuts to knock down that deficit the conservatives are complaining about. We can all agree reducing the deficit would be a positive.

But now it's fair game

Jeez I hope he doesn't cut them. He can use the recession as an excuse. Obama needs to repeal all the Bush tax cuts to knock down that deficit the conservatives are complaining about. We can all agree reducing the deficit would be a positive.

But do it by cutting spending not taking more of our money

But now it's fair game

But do it by cutting spending not taking more of our money

Amen brother...

Forum List

Back