Obama Says Forcing Russia to Leave the G-8 Would Be a 'Mistake'

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
Senator Barack Obama said expelling Russia from the Group of Eight industrial nations, a move favored by Republican presidential rival John McCain, would weaken efforts to curb nuclear proliferation.

"It would be a mistake," Obama, a Democrat from Illinois, said in an interview on CNN. "The amount of loose nuclear material that is floating around in the former Soviet Union, the amount of technical know-how that is in countries that used to be behind the Iron Curtain'' would pose a greater threat without Russia's cooperation, Obama said.

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

What does Russia have to do with the former Soviet Union?
Obama is muy loco!

Russia is what is left of the Soviet Union and you know it. Russia was the core of that Union.

I personally see no reason to expel Russia from the organization, though I don't see how we could not have relations even if they were removed. We probably should start looking to add China and India.

Do you have a problem with reading retention?
According to Obama, the subject is nuclear proliferation.

"The amount of loose nuclear material that is floating around in the former Soviet Union, the amount of technical know-how that is in countries that used to be behind the Iron Curtain'' would pose a greater threat without Russia's cooperation, Obama said.
Does Obama know Russia has aided Iran in developing nuclear capabilities?
Does Obama know Russia threatened the US because Americans want a missile "defense" shield to prevent Iran from attacking the US?

Obama appeases a well known terrorist nation. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Russia is what is left of the Soviet Union and you know it. Russia was the core of that Union.

I personally see no reason to expel Russia from the organization, though I don't see how we could not have relations even if they were removed. We probably should start looking to add China and India.
Yes, the same Russia that has supplied nuclear capabilities to Iran and cries about the US putting defenses in place against Iran's nuclear capabilities.

I see this as terrorist appeasement.

The carrot has failed, maybe the stick will work?

The Cold war never ended, Russia just tricked us into thinking it did, so we would stop out spending them and give them time to catch up.

You know, this never would have been an issue if TR was elected instead of Wilson.

Just saying.

The Cold war never ended, Russia just tricked us into thinking it did, so we would stop out spending them and give them time to catch up.

We are going bankrupt thanks to the lack of an energy policy. I don't think we are going to be "out spending" anyone.

We are going bankrupt thanks to the lack of an energy policy. I don't think we are going to be "out spending" anyone.
Bush's tax cuts gave American taxpayers record tax revenues. The Govt. has a surplus of the taxpayer's money!
Better defenses and tax cuts are in order.

Forum List

Back