Obama Saw Welfare Recipients As ‘Majority Coalition’

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Full audio of 1998 Obama 'redistribution' speech reveals liberal positions on gun control, health care, welfare reform | The Daily Caller

The Daily Caller has obtained a complete audio recording of the October 19, 1998 Loyola College forum on community organizing and policymaking during which a future President Barack Obama said he favored the government redistribution of wealth. The audio demonstrates the context of that remark and reveals other far-left positions that Obama held as a state senator.

Those positions encompass issues as wide-ranging as gun control, universal health care and welfare reform. Obama also said he viewed welfare recipients and “the working poor” as “a majority coalition” that could be mobilized to help advance progressive policies and elect their champions.

Last edited:
And?

Unlike the position of conservatives..who believe that the poor are parasites..

Liberals think them something different.

Human beings.

And?

Human beings.

And, that isn't how he's seeing them based on the statement. He's seeing them as a coalition of voters to vote in favor of "progressive" leaders and policies. Because "progressives" like to steal from some to give to others. These "human beings" as you put it, see this as an opportunity to exact what they believe is "social justice" on their behalf. By having said leaders steal from some and provide "free' to others.

But you thnk Obama is saving the world, so it comes as no surprise that you think he views them any differently than human beings. We call them useful innocents, or useful idiots depending.

• Banned
Time to kill welfare from SSI to Medicare!!! I'm really hoping Mitt Romney follows through with his 47% thinking!

As long as there is a real safety net for those truly in need. Today what passes for a safety net is pathetic.

I look at my own mother. My father is deceased. Without her SS check she would have zero income per month. She lives month to month. He was a factory worker his whole life. Never was able to save a cent.

There are some truly in need. Fortunately I have done very well (I built it!) and am able to help her when needed.

Last edited:
Good luck with that. There is no way any elected official or running one is going to ever commit political suicide by taking away what have the country is screaming for more of. Nobody will fix the warfare/welfare state. it will fix itself upon implosion. Those of us who just pay for it are along for the ride.

These useful idiots get fooled every time. They get people like Fidel, Pol Pot, Mao or Obama into leadership and the economy always gets worse with the idiots lining up for their weekly ration of stale hope change bread

Viva la revolution you morons

Castro thinks the same. Do we want to go down this street? Dividing this nation by class now I see...

Now wait a second....considering them human beings is dividing the nation, but considering them parasites isn't?

You certainly have an interesting take on things....absolute bullshit....but interesting nonetheless.

And?

Human beings.

Or easily manipulated votes. I would go with easily manipulated votes, i.e "vote for us or the mean republicans will take your goodies away"

And?

Human beings.

yeah liberals are just so thoughtful..:lol:

with other people's money of course. Just ask Joe Biden how much he contributes to Charities.

Compare that to "mean conservative" Mit Romney, who gives away 30% of his annual income.

Castro thinks the same. Do we want to go down this street? Dividing this nation by class now I see...

Now wait a second....considering them human beings is dividing the nation, but considering them parasites isn't?

You certainly have an interesting take on things....absolute bullshit....but interesting nonetheless.

Curious to hear how you feel about the welfare mother who has child after child and gets welfare with no hope for her to ever get off. And there are more than a few.

Should we pay forever since she can't keep her legs closed?

There are clinics that hand out contraception for free..without Obamacare.

Last edited:
And?

Human beings.

You are such a shallow person.

When coaxed by liberals to remain jobless, to have children in return for greater income and to expect being taken care of with other people's money...they are exactly that...parasites.

When coaxed by conservatives to provide for their own support, to gradually wean themselves from the government tit and stop having children they cannot afford to raise...they become potentially productive citizens.

Romney was totally correct in not worrying about getting their vote this time around. It will take more that political speeches to turn their attitudes around and get them to stop looking for a free ride.

The truly disabled should be taken care of. Those that are able to work should do so...or be housed in medium security prisons with no cell phones, no TV, no internet, no conjugal visits.

Time to kill welfare from SSI to Medicare!!! I'm really hoping Mitt Romney follows through with his 47% thinking!

As long as there is a real safety net for those truly in need. Today what passes for a safety net is pathetic.

I look at my own mother. My father is deceased. Without her SS check she would have zero income per month. She lives month to month. He was a factory worker his whole life. Never was able to save a cent.

There are some truly in need. Fortunately I have done very well (I built it!) and am able to help her when needed.

Absolutely fuking amazing. Mittens thinks your mother and mine are in need of paying Federal income tax. Cause you know they have to much money.

But I am voting against Mittens and you are voting for him.

Like I said; absolutely fuking amazing. And stupid to. Why you mad at your mother? And your compatriot on here is REALLY mad that your mother and my mother don't pay Federal income tax. Evidentally Matthew don't have a mother to worry about. Or compassion.

Curious to hear how you feel about the welfare mother who has child after child and gets welfare with no hope for her to ever get off. And there are more than a few.

Should we pay forever since she can't keep her legs closed?

There are clinics that hand out contrception for free..without Obamacare.

How many welfare recipients fall into that category? I'd be willing to bet a small minority Nationwide...sure, in the big cities, I'd imagine there are clusters of them....but overall? I doubt it.

My position on Welfare is well known. I have no problem with us giving people a helping hand. But if they are able to work, they should have to work to receive their benefits. That should separate the wheat from the chaff in a relatively quick manner. That being said....the single mom with kids that are too young to go to school should be provided day care as part of the benefits package so they can earn those benefits.

If one has to work for the meagerly existence that welfare brings, that should provide ample motivation to get off the dole and into productive society. I also think that it will reduce the stigma that's attached to being on welfare, as they are working for those benefits and the taxpayer is getting something in return for their investment.

And?

Human beings.

You are such a shallow person.

When coaxed by liberals to remain jobless, to have children in return for greater income and to expect being taken care of with other people's money...they are exactly that...parasites.

When coaxed by conservatives to provide for their own support, to gradually wean themselves from the government tit and stop having children they cannot afford to raise...they become potentially productive citizens.

Romney was totally correct in not worrying about getting their vote this time around. It will take more that political speeches to turn their attitudes around and get them to stop looking for a free ride.

The truly disabled should be taken care of. Those that are able to work should do so...or be housed in medium security prisons with no cell phones, no TV, no internet, no conjugal visits.

No one is "coaxed" to remain jobless. The hungry are fed. The homeless are sheltered and the ignorant are educated by liberal initiatives.

Under conservatives..the hungry are starved, the homeless are left to die and the ignorant are jailed...or sent to war.

Forum List

Back