Obama Saves Us $40 Billion

Could save forty billion??? Could? Could? That's a liars word if I ever heard it. You reckon the bank would loan me a 40 million if I told them I could win the Powerball Saturday? He says could an you act like its a done deal. Could and $6.50 will get you a cup of near coffee at Starbuck's if you can find one that's still open...

Last edited:
Could save forty billion??? Could? Could? That's a liars word if I ever heard it. You reckon the bank would loan me a 40 million if I told them I could win the Powerball Saturday? He says could an you act like its a done deal. Could and $6.50 will get you a cup of near coffee at Starbuck's if you can find one that's still open...
bobo is a moron

President says changes overdue, could save up to $40 billion a year

Doesn't he know that no bid contracts and cronny capitalism is a form of economic stimulus, too?

What is wrong with that man?

Obama orders federal contracting overhaul

How can anyone suggest there is no difference between the parties, or that Obama and the Dems aren't 1000 times better than Bush and the GOP.

WASHINGTON - Reversing Bush policy, President Barack Obama ordered an overhaul of the way the government hands out contracts Wednesday, promising to curtail no-bid awards that have led to waste, abuse and corruption investigations.

Obama joined Republican Sen. John McCain, his presidential campaign rival, and other congressional figures to announce an executive memorandum that commits his administration to a new set of marching orders for awarding contracts. Obama said "the days of giving government contractors a blank check are over" and said changes could save up to $40 billion a year.

Obama orders federal contracting overhaul - White House- msnbc.com

PS.

Poll: Obama's rating at all-time high

Poll: Obama's rating at all-time high - White House- msnbc.com

:clap2:

Name the person who has spent more money in a little over a month than any other person in the world has spent in a lifetime? You got it,...OBAMA!

How can anyone suggest there is no difference between the parties, or that Obama and the Dems aren't 1000 times better than Bush and the GOP.

WASHINGTON - Reversing Bush policy, President Barack Obama ordered an overhaul of the way the government hands out contracts Wednesday, promising to curtail no-bid awards that have led to waste, abuse and corruption investigations.

Obama joined Republican Sen. John McCain, his presidential campaign rival, and other congressional figures to announce an executive memorandum that commits his administration to a new set of marching orders for awarding contracts. Obama said "the days of giving government contractors a blank check are over" and said changes could save up to $40 billion a year.

PS.

And you would have noticed if you watched & that--that statement of no more no bid contracts--that Republicans in congress stood up & applauded also.

But 40 billion a year--is only a smidgen of the reckless spending that has been done in the last six weeks. 787 BILLION dollar economic stimulus bill that Barack Obama continually stated that had no ear-marks. Republicans booed at that comment because it is estimated that at least 1/3 of that bill is loaded with ear-marks, political pay-offs & favors, that have nothing to do with stimulating the economy.

This new budget of 410 BILLION dollars is estimated to have over 8600 ear-marks in it. What is Barack Obama doing about that? He's out giving daily speeches every day instead of bringing dems. & repub. in his Oval office & telling them to knock it off.

The problem: Every time Barack Obama gives his daily speech the stock market sells down triple digit.

I'll wager that Barack Obama doesn't veto one single spending bill while in office.

PS.

And you would have noticed if you watched & that--that statement of no more no bid contracts--that Republicans in congress stood up & applauded also.

But 40 billion a year--is only a smidgen of the reckless spending that has been done in the last six weeks. 787 BILLION dollar economic stimulus bill that Barack Obama continually stated that had no ear-marks. Republicans booed at that comment because it is estimated that at least 1/3 of that bill is loaded with ear-marks, political pay-offs & favors, that have nothing to do with stimulating the economy.

This new budget of 410 BILLION dollars is estimated to have over 8600 ear-marks in it. What is Barack Obama doing about that? He's out giving daily speeches every day instead of bringing dems. & repub. in his Oval office & telling them to knock it off.

The problem: Every time Barack Obama gives his daily speech the stock market sells down triple digit.

I'll wager that Barack Obama doesn't veto one single spending bill while in office.
the $410 billion is yet another stimulous bill
not the budget

PS.

not the budget

I really must learn that trick of spending billions that are not on my budget.

That accounting technique could come in very handy someday.

you haven't shown me shit except that you're a barking at the moon lunatic with very limited mental capabilities. my apologies to any dogs i may have offended.

every pol says the same thing and none of them so far in my lifetime has done it. not fucking one, left, right, middle, dem, republican, you name it.

I just showed you Obama is cleaning up Bush's mess. Bush was wasting money. I don't care if it is dems or republicans wasting money, I want whoever is in charge to clean it up.

I don't like it if/when Dems waste money either. But you guys are referring to good social programs. You want all the good government programs ended. You want the government to only defend the nation's borders, AND THATS IT. And that's wrong.

The government should do much more than that. And under the dems, it will.

Republcians will say it is wasteful spending. Well lets get specific.

Obama just got specific and found $40 billion that Bush was wasting.

Your move. Check.

OK I'm going to post this just to piss you off Sybil. Please if you can go through it point by point and tell me where the author is wrong. it's a lot of words BooBoo but take your time and we won't laugh at you if your lips move when you read. And you can sound out the big words with more than 2 syllables if you have to.

Karl Rove Says President Barack Obama's Policies Break Campaign Promises - WSJ.com

Where is Rove wrong in this statement?

Here's a hint. He's not.

how about this one? Not wrong again.

can you answer that question Sybil?

But I thought your leader of hope and stimuli was only going to tax those evil rich people. Can you explain why Obama will be taxing everything you do via a cap and trade tax?

Do you hear an echo? I could have sworn I said this weeks ago.

And let's not forget to mention that all your "private" and "confidential" medical records will now belong to the government so some fat assed bureaucrat can "guide" your doctor in choosing the "right" medical treatment.

Now you Dimmies got your panties in a twist over wiretapping and such so where's the outrage at this particularly egregious breach of privacy?
Mr. Obama's personal popularity remains higher than support for his proposals. A raft of opinion surveys show Americans take the conservative side on issues ranging from the efficacy of government spending, to nationalization of banks, to bailouts for auto companies, to whether tax cuts or government spending will create more jobs. Packaging Mr. Obama's proposals is easier than rigorously defending them. Team Obama will find this out as the details of their budget and other plans are scrutinized

Obama's personality will only carry him so far. wouldn't it be better if his policies were more popular than his personality?
Barack Obama has been president for a little more than five weeks. During his speech to a joint session of Congress last week, he showed what a skilled speaker he is and how persuasive he can be. But words delivered from a teleprompter, while important, have to line up with actions. Promises have to be met. And a president who promised to be one thing cannot be another. At some point, the gap between good feelings and results, between perception and reality, closes.

Eloquent words and "spin" work better in a campaign than they do while governing. And as Mr. Obama is discovering, the laws of economics won't change, even for him.

And when that gap closes, a lot of us will get crushed between the cliffs of Symplegades. (look it up)

I look forward to your answers to my questions and I am sure you will support your assertions as to exactly why Mr. Rove is wrong.

DITTO--That is a fantastic response & I agree 100%! I doubt you'll get to many liberals on this board trying to argue those points. You're right--we have always gauged the success of a Presidency based on policy not speeches given or likability.

Last edited:
Ah yes, Obama gives yet another telepromter speech speculating that he will save $40 billion in spending while preparing to sign off on an additional $400 hundred -plus billion of additional spending.

Even some leftists have to be shaking their collective heads at this blatant hypocrisy.

not the budget

no shit
when you figure it out, show the rest of us

PS.

not the budget

No it's not--it"s the federal budget & this money is only to last until next September, before another round of spending comes up.

not the budget

Good point-I wish I could spend that kind of money--on anything I wanted. In truth if these morons would have given the American public all this money--we would no longer have an economic crisis right now.

Some of us would have paid off our homes--therefore freeing up money for the banks, some of us would have bought new cars, no more problems for General Motors, some of us would have built new homes, or bought existing, no more problems with property values plummeting or the housing industry. But heck no--they have to spend OUR money the way they want too.

not the budget

No it's not--it"s the federal budget & this money is only to last until next September, before another round of spending comes up.
sorry, but the budget for this year was already set
this is above and beyond the budget

not the budget

This was the budget from last year that will last until this coming September. Bush wouldn't sign it because he wanted to get it down to 387 billion. Right now there are over 8000 earmarks in this bill that amount to about 8 billion dollars. This is what I have heard anyway--but it is the federal budget & has nothing to do with stimulus.

This was the budget from last year that will last until this coming September. Bush wouldn't sign it because he wanted to get it down to 387 billion. Right now there are over 8000 earmarks in this bill that amount to about 8 billion dollars. This is what I have heard anyway--but it is the federal budget & has nothing to do with stimulus.
thats not what i heard
this is not the budget, its another "crisis" bill

thats not what i heard

Well, there has been so much spending lately--it's hard to keep track of which & what for. At any rate there is 8000 earmarks in this bill totaling about 8 billion dollars. Geez--are they ever going to stop? They're going to bankrupt this country!

thats not what i heard

Well, there has been so much spending lately--it's hard to keep track of which & what for. At any rate there is 8000 earmarks in this bill totaling about 8 billion dollars. Geez--are they ever going to stop? They're going to bankrupt this country!
the projected deficit i heard for this year was $1.9 TRILLION
and that was BEFORE this bill and there are still a lot of months for congress to spend MORE

Forum List

Back