obama said he would sign an assault weapons ban

Now how many of these Toss Up states are pro gun?
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Michigan (16)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
North Carolina (15)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)
Wisconsin (10)

obama shot himself in the foot with North Carolina because of his support of gay marriage

At the end of a long answer to the question, “What has your administration done or planned to do to limit the availability of assault weapons?” Obama said this:
“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.
“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

Obama Calls for Renewal of Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

But Romney is the only one of the two that has actually signed such a a ban.
Shouldn't you be more worried about his history, rather than Obama's words?

I think Romney has said
I'll paraphrase
"what worked in my state as governor will not work in other states."

In that case, how do the incredible achievements that he's had in his state (budgets, bipartisan co-operation, education etc) give him more credibility that anyone else to run the country?
How can he argue that his experience at state level qualifies him to save the country?

All of the people who are dumb enough to have fallen for the NRA scare tactics are already voting for Romney. So what's the point of more scare tactics?

He seems to get what he wants in the end.
He wants a gun ban
Time to kick this piece of shit to the curb.

Haven't you called him a liar in the past?
I'm sure he doesn't really mean what he says.
When you tell so many lies it hard to keep track of what you said in the past
obama slipped when he said what he did he let a little bit of his true self out.

How can you tell?
How do you know that wasn't another of his lies?

Romney, on the other hand, has actually banned assault weapons.

There are all kinds of personal freedom/public safety trade-offs that conservatives have absolutely no problem being fascist assholes over except this one. On guns they seem to think that we should be ridiculously libertarian while locking people up for camping in the park or feeding the homeless or having the gall to protest things they happen to like or just smoking a damned joint. The 2nd amendment is apparently absolute and non-negotiable, the 1st is in serous trouble when they get the power.
You're right the second amendment is non-negotiable and absolute
However that is besides the point and irrelevant, how many of those swing states are pro gun?

Southern Ohio is real pro gun.

Now how many of these Toss Up states are pro gun?
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Michigan (16)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
North Carolina (15)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)
Wisconsin (10)

obama shot himself in the foot with North Carolina because of his support of gay marriage

At the end of a long answer to the question, “What has your administration done or planned to do to limit the availability of assault weapons?” Obama said this:
“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.
“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

Obama Calls for Renewal of Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

that isn't what he said. he said "seeing if it can be introduced" and "looking at other sources of the violence BECAUSE .... there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47's"

I posted the ABC link and everything he said. oh wait he also mentioned hand guns so maybe it's not just those evil long black guns he wants but those hand guns also.
My bad.

Haven't you called him a liar in the past?
I'm sure he doesn't really mean what he says.
obama slipped when he said what he did he let a little bit of his true self out.

How can you tell?

How can you tell? just listen to obama a couple of times and you'll see for yourself.

There are all kinds of personal freedom/public safety trade-offs that conservatives have absolutely no problem being fascist assholes over except this one. On guns they seem to think that we should be ridiculously libertarian while locking people up for camping in the park or feeding the homeless or having the gall to protest things they happen to like or just smoking a damned joint. The 2nd amendment is apparently absolute and non-negotiable, the 1st is in serous trouble when they get the power.

You know what, you don't want a gun, don't get one. If you think you can take mine...well, be my guest. I'll to the polite thing...I'll unload it before I hand it over to you...K?

How can you tell?

How can you tell? just listen to obama a couple of times and you'll see for yourself.

When did you start believing everything he said?

How can you tell?

How stupid are you to keep asking repetitive questions? OH that's right you're a incompetent foreigner incapable of thinking for himself

You know what, you don't want a gun, don't get one. If you think you can take mine...well, be my guest. I'll to the polite thing...I'll unload it before I hand it over to you...K?

1 bullet at a time.

How stupid are you to keep asking repetitive questions? OH that's right you're a incompetent foreigner incapable of thinking for himself

How can you tell he was telling the truth this time?

How can you tell he was telling the truth this time?

repetitive and has been answered.

Forum List

Back