obama said he would sign an assault weapons ban

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Now how many of these Toss Up states are pro gun?
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Michigan (16)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
North Carolina (15)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)
Wisconsin (10)

obama shot himself in the foot with North Carolina because of his support of gay marriage

At the end of a long answer to the question, “What has your administration done or planned to do to limit the availability of assault weapons?” Obama said this:
“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.
“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

Obama Calls for Renewal of Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

His last sentence says it all....Most of the violence in our country comes from our inner cities and the gang atmosphere. The weapons used are not assault weapons, generally speaking. An assault weapon ban would do nothing to alleviate this problem.

I disagree with Obama on this.

His last sentence says it all....Most of the violence in our country comes from our inner cities and the gang atmosphere. The weapons used are not assault weapons, generally speaking. An assault weapon ban would do nothing to alleviate this problem.

Gun ban is what obama wants. Most gun owners knew this was going to come. Play with fire and you will get burnt sooner or later. Time too tell this idiot good bye.

^

What about those sub minis?
LMG?
Shotties?

Oh....I'm still voting for him....Our population is more important than your AK
You think it's just AK 47'S he's going after?

Take a closer look at that last part of obama's comments

But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

There are all kinds of personal freedom/public safety trade-offs that conservatives have absolutely no problem being fascist assholes over except this one. On guns they seem to think that we should be ridiculously libertarian while locking people up for camping in the park or feeding the homeless or having the gall to protest things they happen to like or just smoking a damned joint. The 2nd amendment is apparently absolute and non-negotiable, the 1st is in serous trouble when they get the power.

There are all kinds of personal freedom/public safety trade-offs that conservatives have absolutely no problem being fascist assholes over except this one. On guns they seem to think that we should be ridiculously libertarian while locking people up for camping in the park or feeding the homeless or having the gall to protest things they happen to like or just smoking a damned joint. The 2nd amendment is apparently absolute and non-negotiable, the 1st is in serous trouble when they get the power.
You're right the second amendment is non-negotiable and absolute
However that is besides the point and irrelevant, how many of those swing states are pro gun?

However that is besides the point and irrelevant, how many of those swing states are pro gun?

Who cares? I don't and certainly not anyone who votes their gun fetish.

Oh....I'm still voting for him....Our population is more important than your AK
You think it's just AK 47'S he's going after?

Take a closer look at that last part of obama's comments

But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

dude....just used it as a reference.....calm down.

Which will be impossible to do since there is zero chance of any such legislation coming to his desk.

That doesn’t make any difference, it still shows obama hates the constitution!

No, it shows that Obama disagrees with the case law on the issue, just as Romney disagrees with the case law concerning abortion.

The difference is Romney could actually destroy our right to privacy with just one or two Supreme Court appointments; that’s not the case for Obama, the best he can do is maintain the Court’s current political make-up: with five justices supporting privacy rights, and five justices supporting Second Amendment rights.

I vote for my rights to defend myself any way I so choose, I'm not stupid enough to think the government will be there when needed, nor do I trust them. I trust them just about as much as I would Stalin or Moa.

Let me help you out with an example near and dear to your heart...

Imagine an alternate constitution where the zeroeth amendment stated "The right to smoke weed shall not be infringed"...hhow hard would you fight so keep the christian fundie conservative fascists from restricting that right in any way?

Last edited:

Which will be impossible to do since there is zero chance of any such legislation coming to his desk.

That doesn’t make any difference, it still shows obama hates the constitution!

No, it shows that Obama disagrees with the case law on the issue, just as Romney disagrees with the case law concerning abortion.

The difference is Romney could actually destroy our right to privacy with just one or two Supreme Court appointments; that’s not the case for Obama, the best he can do is maintain the Court’s current political make-up: with five justices supporting privacy rights, and five justices supporting Second Amendment rights.

That was also said about obamatax because of the blue dog democrats. But now we have obamatax.

Let me help you out with an example near and dear to your heart...

Imagine an alternate constitution where the zeroeth amendment stated "The right to smoke weed shall not be infringed"...hhow hard would you fight so keep the christian fundie conservative fascists from restricting that right in any way?

oh so he thinks he should have a right to smoke some hash, but I shouldn't have a right to defend myself??

I vote for my rights to defend myself any way I so choose, I'm not stupid enough to think the government will be there when needed, nor do I trust them. I trust them just about as much as I would Stalin or Moa.

You and everyone who gives a crap about this issue has known how they were going to vote before they even heard the name Barack Obama. Stroke your precious phallic symbol like a good little republican and cheer while your candidates trash the other less important amendments.

Forum List

Back